• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

OCD Quiz - Psychcentral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotmweasel

Riverlife Intern
Mar 13, 2007
Allen, TX
✟9,531.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
13....... <_<....>_>

I'm only mild. its pretty much just my need to organize everything lol... I will see stuff out of place in a store and I HAVE to fix it.

otherwise it doesn't really effect me too much.

an interesting thing I read about OCD is that Statistics (not always true) show that people with high IQs have an increased risk of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Health and IQ

Persons with a higher IQ have generally lower adult morbidity and mortality. This may be because they better avoid injury and take better care of their own health. It also decreases the risk of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, severe depression, and schizophrenia. On the other hand, it increases the risk of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder [6].

http://mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=8217&cn=18

:)

Reactions: CarolinaMom
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.