• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

OCD Quiz - Psychcentral

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolinaMom

Daughter of a KING!
Feb 11, 2006
NC
Visit site
✟19,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't realize this forum was here until today. I never realized that thoughts of death, etc were OCD symptoms. I think about death constantly. I'll post that in another thread.

Here's an OCD test I found online. I scored 30. Of course, you can't necessarily use these results as a guideline. You'll need to speak to your healthcare professional for that!;)

http://psychcentral.com/ocdquiz.htm

momgreenlady

Aug 3, 2006
✟15,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I scored an 18. I am at a loss right now. I have always worried that I might have some imbalances in me but I have never sought help. I used to self-harm as well but nobody ever helped me. Years later I have finally able to break free from self-harm. At least what I would say as being healed from it, I know there are still times that it comes up. Anyways, I guess I always feared being labeled and so now I stay away from counselors. I also fear having to pay for it and going into debt. I have always been strong willed and thought that I could get myself through anything but what if I can't? Do I really need to get help? Will it really make a significance in my life?

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I scored 16. It was very interesting to take. I definitely want to send this to my sister because she gets really upset if anything is out of place and it doesn't help her relationships. Mine is mostly in my mind... Self Injury, I am getting over but is that part of OCD?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chloeobrien

Survivor
Sep 24, 2006
Michigan
✟7,785.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I didn't realize some of the symptoms were OCD... I knew they were there just didn't knew the fell under the OCD category. I scored a 31. Does anyone know the highest you can score on here?

Have I gotten the highest on it so far? I have been diagnosed my my psychiatrist with OCD, and several other anxiety disorders I have found medication to be helpful and recently started reading a book called "Brain Lock," which I have also found helpful along with participating weekly in my anxiety group. :)

Upvote 0

stelow

Legend
Sep 16, 2005
HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
10. Have you worried about acting on an unwanted and senseless urge or impulse, such as physically harming a loved one, pushing a stranger in front of a bus, steering your car into oncoming traffic; inappropriate sexual contact; or poisoning dinner guests?

This is the only question I answered yes too; but of all the questions this one seemed to be the worst one to answer yes too. So anyway my score was 1.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

powerofprayer

I will praise Him in this storm.....
May 12, 2006
Georgia
✟16,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I scored a 14 although it didn't ask things like...do you "constantly" replay conversations in your head - over & over & over. Or do you have to start your prayers completely over again if your interrupted because that interruption made your prayer "wrong". Or do you always have to imagine the absolute worse case scenario in order to protect people from harm. AAAARRRRGGGG!!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.