• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

OCD and medication

Diannemc1957

Mar 17, 2019
Amory
✟8,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have known for a long time I had OCD.. wasn't sure 30 years ago just what it was...it comes with intrusive thought,checking things and now new one is grems...it is tough to live with everyday and couldn't make it without the Jesus my Lord....mine is pretty bad and started me on zoloft and xanax..has anyone had good luck with these or something else? Thanks

• Prayers
Reactions: 1am3laine

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have known for a long time I had OCD.. wasn't sure 30 years ago just what it was...it comes with intrusive thought,checking things and now new one is grems...it is tough to live with everyday and couldn't make it without the Jesus my Lord....mine is pretty bad and started me on zoloft and xanax..has anyone had good luck with these or something else? Thanks
I take zoloft and that helps. I still have my bad days but it's better with medication than without it. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.

Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

Diannemc1957

Mar 17, 2019
Amory
✟8,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I take zoloft and that helps. I still have my bad days but it's better with medication than without it. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.
Do you mind me asking how much you take? I take 25mg and wondering it if is strong enough

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you also getting therapy? Medications can be good but the most long-lasting changes come from learning how to deal with your mind (specific therapies for OCD include ERP and CBT therapy).

Upvote 0