• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Just need some help

Dec 9, 2023
Wolverhampton
✟1,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
A lot of people with religious OCD, otherwise known as scrupulosity, feel this way. Do you have resources to help you with your mental health?
I went to church Tuesday my vicar went over things with me it help a bit I'm going again Tuesday I've read the bible a bit but today I split up with my fiance so that don't help I sometimes believe my repentance is genuine and that I don't really care but I still pray I still wanna believe I'm trying atm I've stopped watching adult content I'm trying to repent off it I've done a week so far it's hard but I really do wanna be a child off god these thoughts just don't help kind regard mari

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've had a fear off this type off stuff I go over it in my mind over and over I just hope god will forgive me I never wanted this
I don't think the unforgivaable sin is something anyone would get anxious about as they would not have the capacity to be anxious about it. That wou worry perhaps overly so shows you care about God and want to please Him. God would not turn anyone away who cares enough to want to be right with him.

Your worry is not God telling you anything its 'you, your anxious thinking' telling you that. You know that because you acknowledge you over worry. Often the person who have OCD or over worry know that their thinking is irrational but they cannot help but think that way.

Thats why therapy is good as it helps expose those irrational thoughts and deflates them in the light of seeing things as they are. Sort of what you are doing now in talking to others and getting a different perspective.

At the very least because you know you get over anxious and you know over anxious thinking can distort things we can say those thoughts need to be regarded with suspicion as not clear thinking of what is really going on regardless of the right or wrong of the situation. Thats why you sort other peoples opinions.

Upvote 0