Southeast
✟48,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Family here. One getting a bath. It sounded like the water was running a long time to me. Then the dreaded call "There's no hot water." On a Sunday, the day before Christmas.

With thoughts that it would be Wednesday before I could get a new heating element, I cut the power and checked. Both elements were good. I had suspected only one was burned out, but both were intact and not grounded out. At that point the water had warmed up, so couldn't check the thermostats. Reassembled and turned the power back on.

Conclusion: One person had used all the hot water. One person.

Now all I have to contend with is a burned out oven element, which went as I was checking the water heater. That will be a part I'll have to order.

Derf

Aug 8, 2021
Colorado Springs
✟99,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Family here. One getting a bath. It sounded like the water was running a long time to me. Then the dreaded call "There's no hot water." On a Sunday, the day before Christmas.

With thoughts that it would be Wednesday before I could get a new heating element, I cut the power and checked. Both elements were good. I had suspected only one was burned out, but both were intact and not grounded out. At that point the water had warmed up, so couldn't check the thermostats. Reassembled and turned the power back on.

Conclusion: One person had used all the hot water. One person.

Now all I have to contend with is a burned out oven element, which went as I was checking the water heater. That will be a part I'll have to order.
Bummer.

Upvote 0