• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Just need some help

Dec 9, 2023
Wolverhampton
✟1,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello everyone my name. Is Jack I'm gonna start by saying how I've come to problems. I'm. Having in my life right now this started 6 years ago one day out the blue I had a random. Thought saying I sold. My soul to. The devil I panicked for a week didn't know. What to do so I went on websites to. Do. With satanic. Stuff I panicked so much one night I felt all. Emotions go. From. Me. I'm. Scared cause I've felt empty ever. Since. In. Case I sold.my soul or lost the holy spirit. Ever since I've had the worst intrusive thoughts you can think off and. To. Be honest I've struggled a lot with a habitual sin which I'm. Trying to repent off but I'm. Getting to the point now where I'm giving up because it's like God doesn't want to help me I've prayed over and over I only used to pray to God off a night for forgiveness untill this happened and I've allways been a over worrier I've had really bad anxiety lately I keep going over thoughts to prove I'm against them such has blasphemy just wondering if anyone here thinks it's game over for me or. Is more off a mental health thing

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello everyone my name. Is Jack I'm gonna start by saying how I've come to problems. I'm. Having in my life right now this started 6 years ago one day out the blue I had a random. Thought saying I sold. My soul to. The devil I panicked for a week didn't know. What to do so I went on websites to. Do. With satanic. Stuff I panicked so much one night I felt all. Emotions go. From. Me. I'm. Scared cause I've felt empty ever. Since. In. Case I sold.my soul or lost the holy spirit. Ever since I've had the worst intrusive thoughts you can think off and. To. Be honest I've struggled a lot with a habitual sin which I'm. Trying to repent off but I'm. Getting to the point now where I'm giving up because it's like God doesn't want to help me I've prayed over and over I only used to pray to God off a night for forgiveness untill this happened and I've allways been a over worrier I've had really bad anxiety lately I keep going over thoughts to prove I'm against them such has blasphemy just wondering if anyone here thinks it's game over for me or. Is more off a mental health thing

Sorry you are dealing with that ...but I am blessed you are concerned over it. ...... why? Because knowing you are concerned shows me you have not committed unforgivable blasphemy ....If you had you not only wouldn't care.... you would be mentally celebrating in it.

You can’t lose spirit ….which is another marker → If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior it is impossible to commit unforgivable blasphemy (sell your soul to the devil).

God hasn’t abandon you …He has already forgiven you …but he can’t control you mind, that is up to you…which means > put your head into the Word and….. stay off the satanic sites.

Upvote 0

Jay Freeman

Nov 18, 2023
Anywhere USA
✟3,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Jack,

It sounds like you are in the thick of the spiritual battle.

How often do you read your Bible?

Are you active with a local church?

How much research have you done in the area of natural remedies for OCD?

Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0
Dec 9, 2023
Wolverhampton
✟1,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sorry you are dealing with that ...but I am blessed you are concerned over it. ...... why? Because knowing you are concerned shows me you have not committed unforgivable blasphemy ....If you had you not only wouldn't care.... you would be mentally celebrating in it.

You can’t lose spirit ….which is another marker → If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior it is impossible to commit unforgivable blasphemy (sell your soul to the devil).

God hasn’t abandon you …He has already forgiven you …but he can’t control you mind, that is up to you…which means > put your head into the Word and….. stay off the satanic sites.

Upvote 0
Dec 9, 2023
Wolverhampton
✟1,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
First off I'd just like to say I appreciate you taking time to replay I'm greatfuk a

First thankyou for taking time out your day to. Replay back to me. I've gonna across every website to find hope spoken to Christians on live chats this has been going on for a long time I haven't been on a satanic website for 6 years it's the only time was when all this crazy stuff happened I keep getting thoughts saying there is no. God. The holy spirit being evil etc and I spend. All. Day going over them to see if there mine from the way I feel to prove there not so. I can forget about them then another thought comes it's a constant battle todays been the worst day my hearts been racing I've not been to sleep. Theres like a massive dread fear in my belly when I wake up I've got so desperate I even read athiest stuff earlier which did nothing for me because i know. Jesus exists and. Athiest just want proof on everything I've tried accepting jesus loads off times incase I didn't do. It right the first etc

Upvote 0
Dec 9, 2023
Wolverhampton
✟1,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Jack,

It sounds like you are in the thick of the spiritual battle.

How often do you read your Bible?

Are you active with a local church?

How much research have you done in the area of natural remedies for OCD?
Hello there Jay and I think I've been in a spiritual battle for years and I've contact my local church today Ibe been reading scriptures on and. Off and I've never looked. In to ocd remedies

Reactions: Jay Freeman
Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
First off I'd just like to say I appreciate you taking time to replay I'm greatfuk a

First thankyou for taking time out your day to. Replay back to me. I've gonna across every website to find hope spoken to Christians on live chats this has been going on for a long time I haven't been on a satanic website for 6 years it's the only time was when all this crazy stuff happened I keep getting thoughts saying there is no. God. The holy spirit being evil etc and I spend. All. Day going over them to see if there mine from the way I feel to prove there not so. I can forget about them then another thought comes it's a constant battle todays been the worst day my hearts been racing I've not been to sleep. Theres like a massive dread fear in my belly when I wake up I've got so desperate I even read athiest stuff earlier which did nothing for me because i know. Jesus exists and. Athiest just want proof on everything I've tried accepting jesus loads off times incase I didn't do. It right the first etc

The battlefield is in your mind …. And that is why we renew our minds by putting on the Word.

A simple analogy would be to take a clear glass... and put coffee (or dark tea in your case) ….then hold it under a faucet and let the water run into the glass ….eventually the dark color will disappear. That in essence is what you are doing with your mind.

If you just let the water drip or trickle occasionally ….it will take some time …..but if you inundate your mind with the Word results will happen much quicker.

Reactions: Jay Freeman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for sharing! These are actually typical obsessions for people with OCD, and the way you are responding to these fears sound like typical compulsions. Have you ever gotten advice or help for OCD? One thing I would suggest that you do is stop researching in order to prove your fears wrong, as that tends to make the fears spiral. I also recommend the following support group, which has a lot of members who are knowledgeable about OCD and its treatment, especially religious OCD. Log into Facebook This website also has a lot of information about religious OCD...Scrupulosity Articles - Scrupulosity.com

Upvote 0
Dec 9, 2023
Wolverhampton
✟1,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just wondering if anyone else has been trough this feeling empty anxiety etc

Upvote 0

Jay Freeman

Nov 18, 2023
Anywhere USA
✟3,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We're all in the spiritual battle brother.

Matthew 10:34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.

Ephesians 6:10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of [c]the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone is anyone up for a chat I littery feel hopeless I'm definitely under some type of depression these thoughts and feelings get worse Im. So. Confused right now
I'm so sorry! I have struggled with depression because of my OCD, too. Thankfully, there is a lot of hope for getting better from it. Did you check the resources that I sent links to?

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Really anxious. I think you identified whats happening yourself when you said "I've allways been a over worrier I've had really bad anxiety lately I keep going over thoughts". Thats what anxiety is and in its extreme form OCD which is about doubting thoughts and checking. Not saying thats what you have.

Everyone gets anxious and stresses about things over and over sometimes. Especially as you said you are having anxiety more lately.

Strangly enough the first step is relaxing the body and not the mind. Just simple relation techniques like breathing, slowing down and relaxing your body. I know it can be hard and sometimes its just stopping and slowing breathing.

Maybe even a walk in the fresh air, helps clear your head. Meditation can help clear you mind. Cognitive therapy can be good as well, help retrain your brain bit by bit. Then theres meds as sometimes maybe often its a transmitter or uptake problem and the meds balance the chemical back out.

I have a family member who suffers from OCD and it can be debilitating. But its good your sharing as sharing helps understand what people are going through and that your not alone.

I also sometimes use to think I must have committed the unforgivable sin. I think anxious people or in times of stress people think the worse. I would say that it would be fairly common for people to doubt nowadays as theres so many distractions. But hang in there and keep the faith even if its a flickering light as it will glow again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've had a fear off this type off stuff I go over it in my mind over and over I just hope god will forgive me I never wanted this
A lot of people with religious OCD, otherwise known as scrupulosity, feel this way. Do you have resources to help you with your mental health?

Upvote 0