Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd be interested in seeing the statute you base that on.
The wording would vary from municipality to municipality but you can try it as an experiment. Go downtown and block people from walking down the sidewalk, and see what happens.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And the video clearly sees they were blocking no one's path; they were forming a human chain, facing a police barricade. If the students were in peoples' way, the cops were too. Then the cops brutalized students.

If forming a human chain is illegal, then why weren't other cops brutalizing the rest of the kids in the chain? How come it was only a few cops who chose to brutalize their victims?

clearly, more police brutality.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the video clearly sees they were blocking no one's path; they were forming a human chain, facing a police barricade. If the students were in peoples' way, the cops were too. Then the cops brutalized students.

If forming a human chain is illegal, then why weren't other cops brutalizing the rest of the kids in the chain? How come it was only a few cops who chose to brutalize their victims?

clearly, more police brutality.
It looks to me like the path in the video is impassable. Like I said, you can do that at your on home all you want, but when you do it on someone else' property, it's illegal

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
The wording would vary from municipality to municipality but you can try it as an experiment. Go downtown and block people from walking down the sidewalk, and see what happens.
How about you show us your municipalities ordinance then. Or your county's law. Or your states law.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Heres a good video of cops brutalizing students in their own university. Kids form a human chain (perfectly legal, peaceful), and cops just start to bash them with nightsticks.

If you're protesting, in a designated protest spot, cops can't order you to cease invoking your constitutional rights.

Well, in Washington State...

RCW 9A.84.030
Disorderly conduct.

(1) A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if the person:

(c) Intentionally obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic without lawful authority; or

That was easy - YouTube

Reactions: MachZer0
Upvote 0

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Do you seriously believe that it's legal to impede someone's path?
I seriously believe that you are trying to blow smoke up our rear ends and making statements that you can not back up.

So where's the law in your area that prohibits creating a human chain?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I seriously believe that you are trying to blow smoke up our rear ends and making statements that you can not back up.

So where's the law in your area that prohibits creating a human chain?
See the post above yours. Interesting that people are unaware of such laws

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
See the post above yours. Interesting that people are unaware of such laws
I wasn't aware that you needed the help in obtaining the local ordinance that affects your community. (You owe your buddy Panzerkampfwagen bigtime. ;))

So your in Washington then? And how does that relate to the human chain the used in Berkeley? They weren't impedeing vehicles nor were there any pedestrians. Just protesters and police. Got the Berkeley law handy? (They were on State of Calif land actually since it was the UC campus. Just in case that helps you in your search.)

Bottom line is that those officers overreacted. Maybe they remembered the Peoples Park incident that happened long before most of them were born and expected something they could lay their clubs on.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wasn't aware that you needed the help in obtaining the local ordinance that affects your community. (You owe your buddy Panzerkampfwagen bigtime. ;))

So your in Washington then? And how does that relate to the human chain the used in Berkeley? They weren't impedeing vehicles nor were there any pedestrians. Just protesters and police. Got the Berkeley law handy? (They were on State of Calif land actually since it was the UC campus. Just in case that helps you in your search.)
This is why I don't respond to every request for information, people spin and twist to try to get out of admitting they are wrong. You were wrong, you should just admit it.
Bottom line is that those officers overreacted. Maybe they remembered the Peoples Park incident that happened long before most of them were born and expected something they could lay their clubs on.
How do you know they over reacted? How do you know the crowd was refusing to obey lawful orders from the police?

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It looks to me like the path in the video is impassable. Like I said, you can do that at your on home all you want, but when you do it on someone else' property, it's illegal

A) WHAT path? Did you see any citizens, pedestrians, or human beings, trying to cross the human chain, as if the human chain was in their path? Other videos show that the students WERE NOT blocking anything, infact, they were infront of a building, and the building's doors were perfectly accessible to people moving in and out of them.

Also, they were on property that allowed them to protest. They were ALLOWED to be there. If a pedestrian has to shove, push and force people to "Get out of their way", it is the pedestrian who is assaulting people.

B) If someone is in one's path, do they hit them? Push, shove, or assault them? No. One moves around them, like a normal, civilized human being.

So, according to you, if someone does something illegal, cops can simply, brutalize you? Not charge you, not read your miranda rights, not arrest you, just hit you with a nightstick?

Good to know what side you're on.

Answer that question; if a human chain is illegal, then why didn't the cops arrest the perpetrators? Read them their miranda rights? Charge them with a crime? How come the only thing you see if cops bashing students with their nightsticks?

You can't answer it. You're exhibiting childish, pedantic and petulant foolish behavior defending these thugs, and the whole world is watching.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, in Washington State...

That was easy - YouTube

And there was no impeding of pedestrian traffic. Other angles of the same events show that the students were forming a human chain on the side of the building, and people clearly were able to move freely in and out of the building. They weren't obstructing ANY paths.

That was way easier than posting a ridiculously stupid youtube video that endorses a terrible and now dead Office Max promotion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A) WHAT path? Did you see any citizens, pedestrians, or human beings, trying to cross the human chain, as if the human chain was in their path?
If there's a chain, there's no sense for pedestrians to be there, especially since there safety may be at risk, thus the police presence.
Other videos show that the students WERE NOT blocking anything, infact, they were infront of a building, and the building's doors were perfectly accessible to people moving in and out of them.
What other videos

Also, they were on property that allowed them to protest. They were ALLOWED to be there. If a pedestrian has to shove, push and force people to "Get out of their way", it is the pedestrian who is assaulting people.
I didn't see any pedestrians pushing and shoving

B) If someone is in one's path, do they hit them? Push, shove, or assault them? No. One moves around them, like a normal, civilized human being.
That doesn't seem to have anything to do with the video

So, according to you, if someone does something illegal, cops can simply, brutalize you? Not charge you, not read your miranda rights, not arrest you, just hit you with a nightstick?
The police have the authority to enforce the law.

Good to know what side you're on.

Answer that question; if a human chain is illegal, then why didn't the cops arrest the perpetrators?
Seems to me that to arrest them, the chain has to be broken first
Read them their miranda rights? Charge them with a crime? How come the only thing you see if cops bashing students with their nightsticks?
So you're claiming that nobody was arrested?

You can't answer it. You're exhibiting childish, pedantic and petulant foolish behavior defending these thugs, and the whole world is watching.
Ah yes. You reduce your argument to name calling and then call me childish. Go figure

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not to mention that's based on common sense

Common sense to a complete moron; no one was in the path of anyone. Students were moving in and out of the building and traversing the sidewalk without any hinderance from the human chain.

You just enjoy defending polic brutality.

Also, how come its standard procedure to bash kids with nightsticks over, and over, and over, and over, when they're doing something "illegal", but they're not actually arresting, or charging anyone with, anything?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Common sense to a complete moron; no one was in the path of anyone. Students were moving in and out of the building and traversing the sidewalk without any hinderance from the human chain.

You just enjoy defending polic brutality.

Also, how come its standard procedure to bash kids with nightsticks over, and over, and over, and over, when they're doing something "illegal", but they're not actually arresting, or charging anyone with, anything?
Well, well, well. It turns out that the occupiers weren't allowed to be there after all since they violated the agreement that originally allowed their protests, and the human chain was placed to interfere with police as they carried out their duties.
The university reported on its web site that seven people, six students and one faculty member, had been arrested on charges of resisting and delaying a peace office in the performance of their duties and/or failure to disperse. One of the seven also was charged with striking an officer.
My how the truth can change one's perspective

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If there's a chain, there's no sense for pedestrians to be there, especially since there safety may be at risk, thus the police presence. What other videos

How are people holding hands a safety risk!??!

I didn't see any pedestrians pushing and shoving

Yes, it was a hypothetical question.

That doesn't seem to have anything to do with the video

Yes, thankfully, all students apart from the protest who were in the area had the common sense simply to move around their peers.

The police have the authority to enforce the law.

So, if I'm smoking some pot, the correct enforcement of the law is to bash me with nightsticks? lol Strange perception you have there.

Seems to me that to arrest them, the chain has to be broken firstSo you're claiming that nobody was arrested?

Bashing kids in their guts is the best way to break a human chain? Not, grabbing them and putting cuffs on them? the only way is to bash them repeatedly? wow, thats, sadistic.

Ah yes. You reduce your argument to name calling and then call me childish. Go figure

It is childish to defend police brutality, what you're doing.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And there was no impeding of pedestrian traffic. Other angles of the same events show that the students were forming a human chain on the side of the building, and people clearly were able to move freely in and out of the building. They weren't obstructing ANY paths.

That was way easier than posting a ridiculously stupid youtube video that endorses a terrible and now dead Office Max promotion.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought the original question was something along these lines:

I'd be interested in seeing the statute you base that on.

Upvote 0