stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
The Oakland PD has long had a problem with the use of excessive force. Back in 1967 my mother was pulled out of her shoe after being tear gassed while being arrested at a sit-in at the Induction Center protesting the draft. Wish I still had the Tribune front page photo of her shoe on the ground.

I don't know why this preponderance to violence remains. I do know that the city, especially the east end of town, is a killing field where young blacks are being used as target practice by each other on an almost daily basis, and that has to have an effect on the PD. But c'mon, except for a handful of anarchist types, the Occupy Oakland protests are overwhelmingly peaceful.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What was he doing there?

PATIENT: "Doc, I got my arm broke in two places---what shoud I do?"

DOCTOR: "Stay outta them places!"

If I were in Okaland, I would be as far away from the OWS nonsense as possible.

Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What was he doing there?

DOCTOR: "Stay outta them places!"If I were in Okaland, I would be as far away from the OWS nonsense as possible.
Moral of the story - speaking out is dangerous so don't do it ?

The jackbooted thugs will get their way if people think like that. Waco, Ruby Ridge, Malice Green, Rodney King, now this. The police are out of control.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Moral of the story - speaking out is dangerous so don't do it ?

The jackbooted thugs will get their way if people think like that. Waco, Ruby Ridge, Malice Green, Rodney King, now this. The police are out of control.

No. The moral of the story is, if you're in a place where people are throwing rocks at police officers, spray-painting anarchist slogans on bank windows and ATM machines, defecating on police cars, raping young women, setting fires in the street, and generally destroying all manner of public property, get away as fast as you can, because somebody is likely to get hurt. It has absolutely nothing to do with speaking out. You have no constitutional right to engage in warfare with the police. You have a constitutional right to PEACEABLY assemble.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
No. The moral of the story is, if you're in a place where people are throwing rocks at police officers, spray-painting anarchist slogans on bank windows and ATM machines, defecating on police cars, raping young women, setting fires in the street, and generally destroying all manner of public property, get away as fast as you can, because somebody is likely to get hurt. It has absolutely nothing to do with speaking out. You have no constitutional right to engage in warfare with the police. You have a constitutional right to PEACEABLY assemble.
Can you show us unequivocal proof that there were more than about 40 out of the up to 7000 PEACEFULLY ASSEMBLED protesters who were causing trouble in Oakland?

As to defecating on police cars, I saw the photo in question. I saw no bodily waste anywhere on or near the car. Can you show us that proof too, or are you just echoing what you've heard?

When the shot heard around the world was fired in Concord and the militia were outnumbered I suppose that they should have just laid down their muskets then. Would you be happy singing God Save the Queen today?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The person this thread is about didn't.

Oh, that's right! The police just arrested him for no reason. Because that's what the police do, is haul people off to secret jails, and then allow them access to the press...

Upvote 0

Aeneas

Oct 22, 2011
✟1,382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, that's right! The police just arrested him for no reason. Because that's what the police do, is haul people off to secret jails, and then allow them access to the press...

You didn't even read the article, did you?

It isn't quite what they did. They beat him for no discernable reason then threw him in a cell where he lay in his own feces and vomit with a lacerated spleen for hours until someone finally thought to call an ambulance.

"Sabehgi told the Guardian from hospital he was walking alone along 14th Street in central Oakland – away from the main area of clashes – when he was injured.

"There was a group of police in front of me," he told the Guardian from his hospital bed. "They told me to move, but I was like: 'Move to where?' There was nowhere to move.

"Then they lined up in front of me. I was talking to one of them, saying 'Why are you doing this?' when one moved forward and hit me in my arm and legs and back with his baton. Then three or four cops tackled me and arrested me."

He said: "My stomach was really hurting, and it got worse to the point where I couldn't stand up.

"I was on my hands and knees and crawled over the cell door to call for help."

A nurse was called and recommended Sabehgi take a suppository, but he said he "didn't want to take it".

It should be noted that a suppository is something you insert into your rectum and I can't really think what a rectally delivered drug would do for internal injuries.

He was allowed to "crawl" to another cell to use the toilet, but said it was clogged.

"I was vomiting and had diarrhoea," Sabehgi said. "I just lay there in pain for hours."

Sabehgi's bail was posted in the mid-afternoon, but he said he was unable to leave his cell because of the pain. The cell door was closed, and he remained on the floor until 6pm, when an ambulance was called.

But you must be right, the OPD clearly had reason to arrest him, brutally beat him and then abandon him in a cell for hours.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aeneas

Oct 22, 2011
✟1,382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Big deal, I'm a Vet, and I had the good sense enough to avoid a criminal protest, he didn't.

So if you accidentally end up in the vicinity of the protest and the cops severely injure or kill you, you'd be fine with that?

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
So if you accidentally end up in the vicinity of the protest and the cops severely injure or kill you, you'd be fine with that?

I'm not worried about it because I steer clear of the criminals from Occupy. This is just another story for the left to politicize.

Upvote 0

Aeneas

Oct 22, 2011
✟1,382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not worried about it because I steer clear of the criminals from Occupy. This is just another story for the left to politicize.

Criminals?

He seems to have forgotten about the right of assembly, and due process and so on. Which is funny, I thought soldiers swore to uphold the Constitution, so you'd think he would be a little more cognizant that protesting isn't inherently illegal and that cops don't get to use whatever level of force they feel like.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What was he doing there?

DOCTOR: "Stay outta them places!"

If I were in Okaland, I would be as far away from the OWS nonsense as possible.
Seems to me like if you're part of a mob and the police tell you to move, you should move. Problem solved

Upvote 0