mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, well, well. It turns out that the occupiers weren't allowed to be there after all since they violated the agreement that originally allowed their protests, and the human chain was placed to interfere with police as they carried out their duties.My how the truth can change one's perspective

Chain was probably formed to protect the students from inevitable brutality.

How come its illegal to protect yourself from the excessive forces of a police officer?

Way to defend freedom there pal!

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Chain was probably formed to protect the students from inevitable brutality.
:D
How come its illegal to protect yourself from the excessive forces of a police officer?
Straw man, but nice try
Way to defend freedom there pal!
Freedom applies to everyone, not just protesters. And with freedom comes responsibility

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Well, well, well. It turns out that the occupiers weren't allowed to be there after all since they violated the agreement that originally allowed their protests, and the human chain was placed to interfere with police as they carried out their duties.My how the truth can change one's perspective
Were they or weren't they? That is the question. I mentioned about Berkeley and history earlier. BOTH sides seem to know that history it seems. I went on a little trip of nostalgia last night, recalling how a person in the name of James Rector is no longer with us. His crime? Basically being in Berkeley. Unarmed, shot dead by the county Sheriff department. Also we now have a blind man named Alan Blanchard, shot in the face by the same law enforcement agency in the same incident. Both men were sitting on a rooftop in May 1969 watching the mayhem below. Then there were the several dozens (128 is the number seen in the clinics, we can surmise many more didn't go for fear of arrest) seen at local hospitals for OO buckshot wounds in their backs, the same buckshot used by the Sheriffs department that day. What was their crime? All we know is that most of them were shot in the back. We also know that we have the hero Ronnie Reagan and his henchman Ed Meese to thank for the over-reaction of law enforcement that day. We also know that the Sheriff did admit that did admit that some of his deputies (many of whom were Vietnam War veterans) had been overly aggressive in their pursuit of the protesters, "as though they were Viet Cong."

Seems we have that same mentality on the UCPD today in their being overly aggressive. The human chain was there to separate the crowd from the cops. Want to break it up? Then arrest them, don't club them and beat them. Or shoot them in the back with shotguns, repeating history.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Were they or weren't they? That is the question. I mentioned about Berkeley and history earlier. BOTH sides seem to know that history it seems. I went on a little trip of nostalgia last night, recalling how a person in the name of James Rector is no longer with us. His crime? Basically being in Berkeley. Unarmed, shot dead by the county Sheriff department. Also we now have a blind man named Alan Blanchard, shot in the face by the same law enforcement agency in the same incident. Both men were sitting on a rooftop in May 1969 watching the mayhem below. Then there were the several dozens (128 is the number seen in the clinics, we can surmise many more didn't go for fear of arrest) seen at local hospitals for OO buckshot wounds in their backs, the same buckshot used by the Sheriffs department that day. What was their crime? All we know is that most of them were shot in the back. We also know that we have the hero Ronnie Reagan and his henchman Ed Meese to thank for the over-reaction of law enforcement that day. We also know that the Sheriff did admit that did admit that some of his deputies (many of whom were Vietnam War veterans) had been overly aggressive in their pursuit of the protesters, "as though they were Viet Cong."

Seems we have that same mentality on the UCPD today in their being overly aggressive. The human chain was there to separate the crowd from the cops. Want to break it up? Then arrest them, don't club them and beat them. Or shoot them in the back with shotguns, repeating history.
I'm sorry but what happened in 1969 has no bearing on what is happening today.

Upvote 0

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry but what happened in 1969 has no bearing on what is happening today.
What's that saying? Oh yeah, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." Another is "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

One might think that the lesson here might be if the police don't beat the daylights out of protesters they might retain some sort of semblance of public support. As it is they are losing the PR battle. But I guess that doesn't matter because they and their masters have might, if not right, on their side.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's that saying? Oh yeah, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." Another is "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
Good words for the protesters to consider
One might think that the lesson here might be if the police don't beat the daylights out of protesters they might retain some sort of semblance of public support. As it is they are losing the PR battle. But I guess that doesn't matter because they and their masters have might, if not right, on their side.
Is that the goal, winning public support. I would have sworn the goal was to maintain order and enforce the law

Upvote 0

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Is that the goal, winning public support. I would have sworn the goal was to maintain order and enforce the law
By force and might anymore. Sounds rather gestapo-like. I wonder what the run on brown shirts for the civilians will be like? It is easy to see from posts read here that there are some who will buy into that.

After all, beating a dog into submission takes much less mental exertion than working with it.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By force and might anymore. Sounds rather gestapo-like. I wonder what the run on brown shirts for the civilians will be like? It is easy to see from posts read here that there are some who will buy into that.

After all, beating a dog into submission takes much less mental exertion than working with it.
Any time people refuse to cooperate and obey the law, it will eventually be enforced by force. It's always been that way. If the Brown shirts come, be assured they will come from those in the OWS mobs on the streets today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think this one is a shining example of good police work. Hitting unarmed college girls in the stomach with a baton despite the fact that they are not fighting back is always good. Police should be proud of themselves here :

One of these days someone on the other side is going to defend themselves and fight back. Cops wont be happy then.
We've already seen that video and debunked it's intent.

Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
By telling the whole story :wave:
Let me guess. Before they started recording the girl was attacking the police officer with a club. When the camera turned on she threw it away and went back to being a peaceful protester? We know this of course because a conservative blog said so. Better than video evidence of course.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let me guess. Before they started recording the girl was attacking the police officer with a club. When the camera turned on she threw it away and went back to being a peaceful protester? We know this of course because a conservative blogger or the police said so?
I suggest you peruse the thread and familiarize yourself with the discussion as it developed to this point. That way, the rest of us don't have to repeat ourselves.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just show the video evidence that debunks it one more time for me. You don't have to type anything really. Or is there no video evidence?
I don' recall saying anything about video evidence. But you are free to peruse the thread at your leisure

Upvote 0

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
The only "evidence" they have is that the students and the girl were "DISOBEYING THE LAW" by participating in a human chain, something I personally have participated in for the purpose of keeping two different groups of people apart. I suppose God was on my side at that time in that I didn't get a pointed club in the gut. The poor girl musta been a heathen, therefor she deserved it. Not to mention the kids over on the left by the hedges who really got the snot beat out of them.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only "evidence" they have is that the students and the girl were "DISOBEYING THE LAW" by participating in a human chain, something I personally have participated in for the purpose of keeping two different groups of people apart. I suppose God was on my side at that time in that I didn't get a pointed club in the gut. The poor girl musta been a heathen, therefor she deserved it. Not to mention the kids over on the left by the hedges who really got the snot beat out of them.
Keeping two groups of people apart does not equate to preventing police from performing their duties

Upvote 0