JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
LOL McCain does work across the aisle..to the dismay of many Republicans..Obama has rarely worked across the aisle. He has voted with Pelosi more than 95% of the time..yet Obama is supposed to be able to bring people together lol
Whether Campaign finance, or Bush taxation, or the Bush energy plan, McCain has flip flopped and distanced himself from even his own written legislation.

By his now minion approach to win over conservatives, he by action has repudiated his work across the aisle.

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0
J

jamesrwright3

You said you were not making this a political issue, but you clearly are.

I am calling out liberals and the media for their double standards

He failed to get enough Republican support to get it to pass or weren't you paying attention? The next one passed after the crisis worsened and pork was added to the bill. How was he key?

I was paying attention. He was asked to come back to Washington by his party and Paulson. He was important in the negotiation as per the link I provided. Should he have not come back due to some stupid debate which would have simply taken place on a different day? What if he had not come back and there had been a meltdown..would people have said hey..we are out of a job but at least we got to watch this boring debate? Hindsight is always 20/20. Bottom line is he suspended his campaign because he was called and said they needed him.

Which makes the whole "McCain to the rescue" scenario smell like a political ploy. He doesn't have special financial expertise or clout so why would he be so critical to the bailout that he would have to suspend his campaign? If he's so important, why wouldn't the Republicans listen to him and do as he requested without his having to be there?

LOL..He is basically the head of the party. I would go ask House Repubs..Paulson..and Lindsay Graham why they think they needed him...they are the ones that asked for his assistance./

It is totally apples and oranges - one is personal and the other is political. McCain was grandstanding when he suspended his campaign - which I agree is not erratic. It seemed a carefully crafted political ploy with Paulson's collusion.[

Nope wrong.McCain came back to serve his country when called on. Obama phoned it in. Sorry the fate of millions of Americans is more important than the fate one person.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually they did help to get the bill passed.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/10/mccain_obama_he_1.html
This source contradicts your assertion. It says both Obama & McCain persuaded their fellow senators to vote for the bailout. Why did McCain have to suspend his campaign and Obama managed without having to do that?

McCain's support was critical..or else Graham and Paulson wouldn't have asked him to come back.
That "or else" doesn't follow at all. You just admitted McCain, as the presidential candidate, is the most important man for the party, so it seems likely that Graham & Paulson asked him to come back to make him seem critical to the electorate - a political ploy.

He did get Repub support for the bill..Pelosi wouldn't have brought it to the floor without Repub support and he got enough Repubs to come across the aisle.
How do you know that it was he who got Republican support for the bill and not Bush, Paulson, Graham, Kyl or McConnell?

From your source above:
In Missouri, before flying to Washington to vote, McCain said, "If we fail to act, the gears of our economy will grind to a halt."
Why was he in Missouri just before the vote? Was he....campaigning?

A right-wing blog that credits Fox as its source without linking to sources? No, I don't think so.

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
I was paying attention. He was asked to come back to Washington by his party and Paulson. He was important in the negotiation as per the link I provided. Should he have not come back due to some stupid debate which would have simply taken place on a different day? What if he had not come back and there had been a meltdown..would people have said hey..we are out of a job but at least we got to watch this boring debate? Hindsight is always 20/20. Bottom line is he suspended his campaign because he was called and said they needed him.
....and he failed.

Upvote 0

GWRULES2004

Jul 7, 2004
✟736.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Nope wrong on all counts.
LOL, its documented....and fact.

MCCAIN: NO MAVERICK ON CAMPAIGN REFORM, EITHER.

McCain Offers Tax Policies He Once Opposed

McCain's Energy Flip Flop

Heck, he called leaders of the Christian right intolerant, and now he kisses their rings.

If you are going to argue a position of support for McCain, at least argue from a position of fact, or be ready to be corrected again....and again...and again.

This aint the low knowledge lemming crowd here.

Upvote 0

GWRULES2004

Jul 7, 2004
✟736.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOL, its documented....and fact

LOLOLLOLOL No it's not

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/...2008&base_name=mccain_no_maverick_on_campaign
http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/...2008&base_name=mccain_no_maverick_on_campaign

What about Obama lying about his pledge to accept public financing? hahahaha

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/24/AR2008042403456.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/24/AR2008042403456.html

So we shouldnt change course depending on Circumstances? We should raise taxes now that are going into a recsssion? LOL McCain is smart enough to change course..Obama is just too stupid and knows nothing about economics.

http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/6/17/213026/465

LOL once again McCain opposed offshore drilling when oil was $20 a barrel.
It's a different story when oil is 7x that amount and causes us to go into a recession and is killing our auto manufacturers

Libs think adapting to new conditions is flip flopping. Sorry successful creatures adapt. Checkmate..you lose
:wave:

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2008/10/21/20081021obama1021.html

Obama has called McCains suspension of his campaign erratic..but the country was on the verge of a financial meltdown and the Treasury secretary personally called him and ASKED him to come back to help drum up financial support. Obama's grandmother is merely ill..not a big deal..everyone's grandmother gets ill. Why does he have to suspend his campaign? Can't he campaign in Hawaii? Doesn't the country need him now? Will people not hearing his calm, soothing voice for a couple of days cause a widespread panic?

Can we put this into perspective?

Obama has already lost his mother and his father. Now he is about to lose his grandmother who raised him. This is a very important personal issue. It cannot be put on hold, nor can it be handled through other people, or the telephone.

I am not saying that it was wrong for McCain to stop campaigning to attend to the economic crisis. I am just saying that you finding any kind of similarities in the two situations is appalling!

I would think that McCain would be shocked by your lack of sympathy.

Me? I am just glad that I am not your Grammy. :o

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GWRULES2004

Jul 7, 2004
✟736.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since there was no sense in what you posted orginally, I agree there's no snese in repeating it.

Sorry to people that are intelligent James' post made sense.
Made you hung out with the Dead too much back in the day.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to people that are intelligent James' post made sense.
Made you hung out with the Dead too much back in the day.
Buying into James's bad logic is hardly intelligent. More like gullible.

What a coincidence. I'm wearing my I miss Jerry t-shirt today :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The difference is Obama isn't grand-standing and trying to score cheap political points. He's doing what he feels he must. By all accounts it appears that McCain did his little stunt for political points as he ended up not helping out in any way.

The two are not comparable, and you people should be ashamed of yourselves for turning a family tragedy into political attacks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
What about Obama lying about his pledge to accept public financing? hahahaha
By the "...what about..." argument, I take you can not dispute McCain distancing himself from his very own written legislation. One down.

So we shouldnt change course depending on Circumstances? We should raise taxes now that are going into a recsssion? LOL McCain is smart enough to change course..Obama is just too stupid and knows nothing about economics.
1) This was long before a recession and 2) McCain had it right the first time. He moved from a principaled decision to a flip flop to embrace another Bush GOP failed policy. Two down.

LOL once again McCain opposed offshore drilling when oil was $20 a barrel. It's a different story when oil is 7x that amount and causes us to go into a recession and is killing our auto manufacturers
Well no, it's a political flip flop for political expediency as we in fact have increased the exports of US oil. If anything the first move would have been to sure up the US supply by effecting the supply keeping it here. Three down.

The point is these issues were shared by McCain and alot of Dems showing his ability to reach accross the aisle, but then he abandons them for the sake of a "McCain first" presidential thrust.

Upvote 0

GWRULES2004

Jul 7, 2004
✟736.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Buying into James's bad logic is hardly intelligent. More like gullible.

What a coincidence. I'm wearing my I miss Jerry t-shirt today :D

Sorry he is correct on this issue. Libs and the media have a double standard. They are saying McCain is erratic when he suspends his campaign to go back to Washington to deal with a national crisis. Obama's grandma breaks a hip and it is not questioned. He is saying neither of them should be questioned and if there was a justification for suspending a campaign, dealing with a national crisis that was purported to be a portal to a next depression is certainly a valid reason to take a couple of days off and go back to work.

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
She has a broken hip. She is not in as bad of shape as people are saying..not on her last leg..no pun intended. Is there going to be a crisis in the Obama campaign every time someone has a broken bone?
..goodnes....Christian compassion?????

Fate Worse Than Death? A Broken Hip

By L.A. McKeown
WebMD Health News

Feb. 8, 2000 (New York) -- Women in their 70s and 80s consider a hip fracture akin to a death sentence, according to a new study in the Feb. 5 issue of the British Medical Journal. The study concludes that 80% of women surveyed would rather be dead than in a nursing home as a result of falling and breaking a hip."

1 out of 5 elderly who suffer hip injuries die within one year.

Christians and Flies; the more I get to know Christians, the more I like Flies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry he is correct on this issue. Libs and the media have a double standard. They are saying McCain is erratic when he suspends his campaign to go back to Washington to deal with a national crisis. Obama's grandma breaks a hip and it is not questioned. He is saying neither of them should be questioned and if there was a justification for suspending a campaign, dealing with a national crisis that was purported to be a portal to a next depression is certainly a valid reason to take a couple of days off and go back to work.
It would make sense if Obama was going to see someone else's grandmother.

:D

Upvote 0

GWRULES2004

Jul 7, 2004
✟736.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
By the "...what about..." argument, I take you can not dispute McCain distancing himself from his very own written legislation. One down.

And I take it you cannot dispute the fact Obama lied about accepting public financing? But he is a lib so a lie is never a lie.

1) This was long before a recession and 2) McCain had it right the first time. From a principaled decision to embraced another Bush failed policy expecting different results from the same actions. Two down

Simply wrong again. McCain never opposed tax cuts. He opposed them without equal decreases in spending, but he never opposed tax cuts. He actually proposed his own tax cuts at the time. So strike one.

Sorry it was not long before this recession or possible economic trouble.

Well no, it's a political flip flop for political expediency as we in fact have increased the exports of oil. If anything the first move would have been to sure up the US supply by effecting the supply keeping it here. Three down.

We increased exports be cause we have no developed alternative sources. Different circumstances require different strategies.

The point is these issues were shared by McCain and alot of Dems showing his ability to reach accross the aisle, but then he abandons them for the sake of a "McCain first" political

Nonsense

Upvote 0