Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
http://usherald.com/ben-carson-just-uncovered-huge-hud-fraud-ran-rampant-obama-admin/

"When President Trump began using the phrase “draining the swamp” as one of his campaign slogans, many on the left simply assumed it was nothing more than a clever and catchy phrase that would probably be used as a bumper sticker or maybe a tee-shirt or perhaps another cap.

Little did the political class realize just how serious than “candidate Trump” was about “draining the swamp” especially in a town where then-Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, misplaced and lost some $6 billion dollars due to her improper filing of contracts, and to this day nobody seems to know exactly where the money is."
=========
BREAKING: BEN CARSON Just DISCOVERED A MASSIVE FRAUD AT HUD - USAPoliticsNow

"Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD’s) financial books are in such bad shape that HUD’s Inspector General (IG) can’t complete an audit even after HUD officials corrected $520 billion in bookkeeping errors, according to a new IG report.

Officials at HUD fixed $3.4 billion in errors from its 2015 books and $516.4 billion in errors from its 2016 books after the IG in December was unable to issue an opinion on either year’s financial statements and highlighted 11 material weaknesses, seven significant deficiencies and five instances of failure to comply with laws and regulations."
===========
http://constitution.com/dr-ben-carson-discovers-mismanagement-fraud-obamas-hud/

"When Dr. Carson was being confirmed just about every Democrat who spoke publicly about his confirmation made a point to criticize, belittle, and demean him and President Trump for choosing him. However, it wasn’t Dr. Carson they should have been worried about, because HUD was already being run poorly by the Democrats chosen leaders. In a recent and wholly shocking report from the Daily Caller we learned that HUD’s financial situation had been so totally mismanaged that it was impossible for the Inspector General (IG) to actually figure out what happened to the agency’s money."
=========

https://www.hudoig.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2017-FO-0005.pdf

Half a trillion of your tax dollars missing under the apparent criminal enterprise headed by the Obama Administration that is so beyond incompetence that the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has yet to accurately complete an audit.

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
What does any of this have to do with Carson? The accounting problems and the resulting audit began before Trump even took office. Carson didn't discover anything.
He discovered it in the same way someone might discover their neighbor's television when visiting their house.

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So HUD incompetence and non compliance with laws is no big deal but crediting Ben Carson as being involved in finding it is just tooo much to take?

How on earth did you get that from my post?

The OP started a thread with the asinine and demonstrably false claim that Carson was somehow responsible for cleaning up Obama's mess. I'm pointing out how asinine that claim is.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What does any of this have to do with Carson? The accounting problems and the resulting audit began before Trump even took office. Carson didn't discover anything.

But if the Obama administration began the audit, Carson's whole story comes crashing down. Have some compassion.

Now, if things are much improved in a year or so, then it's on Carson. We'll come back and look then. Right now, if the OP is correct, it's approaching DoD levels.

Almost Trumpian.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
So HUD incompetence and non compliance with laws is no big deal but crediting Ben Carson as being involved in finding it is just tooo much to take?

If an audit starts prior to someone getting there and it finds trouble, how is it to the person who wasn't there's credit? Help me out here. Is Ben Carson a timelord?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The funds were lost, stolen or mishandled by appointees from under the last plutocrat administration. I wonder if that administration would have ever made the audit public? I seriously doubt it. They tried to shovel many things under the rug during the last eight years. Stay tuned for. more findings as the swamp is being drained.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The OP started a thread with the asinine and demonstrably false claim that Carson was somehow responsible for cleaning up Obama's mess. I'm pointing out how asinine that claim is.

Is Carson responsible for running HUD? If so, then he is absolutely the person that bears the responsibility of cleaning up Obama's mess within HUD. Being fixated on complaining about giving him credit in advance of his actually doing so is advancing the trivial over the important.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

They( fire and water) are hot or wet in varying degrees. Perhaps it might be nice to try to diminish the heat of the fire to the point we are a not all burned to cinders?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If an audit starts prior to someone getting there and it finds trouble, how is it to the person who wasn't there's credit? Help me out here. Is Ben Carson a timelord?

Not relevant to my comment. I never advocated giving Carson any credit. My point was that giving him credit, if he does not deserve any, is hardly as big a deal as the mess in HUD. I thought that would be evident by the words i used but I guess for some I was being too subtle.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The funds were lost, stolen or mishandled by appointees from under the last plutocrat administration. I wonder if that administration would have ever made the audit public? I seriously doubt it.

Yeah, except that instead of merely expressing blind doubt, you could have maybe gone to the HUD web site and searched for past audits, which is what I did.

And guess what...

Look, it's the audit from FY2014-2015:
Fiscal Years 2015 and 2014 (Restated) U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Consolidated Financial Statements Audit | Office of Inspector General, Department of Housing and Urban Development

ehrmehgerd, it's ALL the reports:
Search | Office of Inspector General, Department of Housing and Urban Development

This isn't hard, ya know.

Is Carson responsible for running HUD? If so, then he is absolutely the person that bears the responsibility of cleaning up Obama's mess within HUD.

If he fixes it, great. But he hasn't fixed it yet, and he didn't initiate the audit. Earlier reports also show problems.

Being fixated on complaining about giving him credit in advance of his actually doing so is advancing the trivial over the important.

The OP's entire point was to give him credit and to blame Obama. If you have a problem with the attribution of credit, take it up with Herbie.

Just read the actual report. The article isn't an accurate representation of the facts and is simply a hit piece on the previous administration as is the standard operating procedure of far right-wing blog/"news" sites.

Seriously, this isn't hard.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"The earth is exploding and isn't Bob a great guy."
"What do you mean Bob's a great guy? I think you need to explain that."

Try this:

"The earth is exploding and Bob is saving us."
"Uh, Bob hasn't done squat yet."

If you don't like the attribution of credit being a subject of discussion, then start another thread. Credit is absolutely on-topic in this thread, because the OP made it the topic of the thread.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

It's always a big deal. But it's always funny when some politician walks into a job, finds something his predecessor was doing, and tries to take credit for it. It's not the first time Carson has been less than honest with us, and almost certainly won't be the last time.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,273.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It said the errors were fixed.

And to be fair, the 2016 error is no more than the completely unnecessary sense of letting the First Lady and son live in NYC, hundreds of miles away from the President, for one year.

While I sympathize with the First Lady's marital choice, if she wants to live separately she should pay the extra expenses out of the profits from her skin cream made out of caviar.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's always a big deal. But it's always funny when some politician walks into a job, finds something his predecessor was doing, and tries to take credit for it. It's not the first time Carson has been less than honest with us, and almost certainly won't be the last time.

To be fair, is this misattribution on Carson or is it on the OP and his ridiculously-biased, low-budget web sources?

Upvote 0