Stephanie Aine

Celtic Christian
Jun 26, 2004
USA
✟262.00
Faith
Protestant
Hi everyone -

I've already posted a message in the CF new member intro thread, but I thought I should pop in here to let you know that there's someone new in the community <g>... so you'll be seeing me in threads around here!

To take my user profile and my new member intro post a step further, I'm a Presbyterian (was baptized in a PCUSA church when I was young, but ended up preferring the PCA... so that's my 'official stance' on things); I practice Celtic spirituality (not the New Age or occult forms, btw), and I'm a writer. I've found it very difficult to choose a denominational icon for my profile, because my instinct was to just go with "Christian" to keep things clear - but, of course, I could have said Protestant or Calvinist, and both would have been true. In any case, I'm a believer, and I love God - so here I am!

I look forward to jumping into the chatter.... but for the moment, I think I'll just end on this note: hello there, everyone; I'm happy to meet you, and look forward to getting to know you!

Blessings,
Stephanie

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stephanie Aine said:
Hi everyone -

I've already posted a message in the CF new member intro thread, but I thought I should pop in here to let you know that there's someone new in the community <g>... so you'll be seeing me in threads around here!

To take my user profile and my new member intro post a step further, I'm a Presbyterian (was baptized in a PCUSA church when I was young, but ended up preferring the PCA... so that's my 'official stance' on things); I practice Celtic spirituality (not the New Age or occult forms, btw), and I'm a writer. I've found it very difficult to choose a denominational icon for my profile, because my instinct was to just go with "Christian" to keep things clear - but, of course, I could have said Protestant or Calvinist, and both would have been true. In any case, I'm a believer, and I love God - so here I am!

I look forward to jumping into the chatter.... but for the moment, I think I'll just end on this note: hello there, everyone; I'm happy to meet you, and look forward to getting to know you!

Blessings,
Stephanie
Stephanie, Welcome to CF. ;)

Bill

Upvote 0

Stephanie Aine

Celtic Christian
Jun 26, 2004
USA
✟262.00
Faith
Protestant
Gosh, dittomonkey - it would take a book to explain it. Good thing I'm writing one! (LOL - nice segue, if I do say so myself <g> )

If you'd like to read an article that gives a good bit of information about the Celtic Christian tradition and the modern 'Celtic craze', here's a link to a piece from Christianity Today magazine. The article contains links beneath it if you want to browse further.

:::: Drats. :::: It won't let me post a link! Well, if you go to christianitytoday dot com, and run a search for an article titled "Saving Celtic Christianity" (which was published in April 2000), written by Loren Wilkinson, you'll find the article.

If you're interested in reading a very short yet very edifying book on the subject, I highly recommend The Celtic Way of Prayer by Esther de Waal (published by Doubleday). She is an Anglican laywoman who writes on Celtic Christian subjects, and she is very good at getting to the heart of the subject.

My own book (not yet published) is also a Celtic Christian book; I'm really looking forward to finally having it finished! It's been quite a long project, but lots of fun, and very meaningful to me for a lot of reasons. There are great things to be learned from the Celtic Christian ancestors. I feel like I've found renewed strength of faith and a better ability to stay focused on God since I began applying the lessons I've learned to my life.

Upvote 0

Stephanie Aine

Celtic Christian
Jun 26, 2004
USA
✟262.00
Faith
Protestant
littleapologist wrote, "Welcome to the boards, you will soon find that we are the most respected group on the boards. Everyone loves us!!!"

:pink: Then it looks like I found the right group - because everyone adores me, *and* I'm a gorgeous genius. Of course, you can already tell that, just by looking at this little bouncy icon I chose to represent myself in this paragraph (I tried to find a smiley wearing a crown, but the red bow will have to do)....

Upvote 0

Bradford

Fool on the Hill
May 5, 2004
✟29,708.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
littleapologist said:
Welcome to the boards, you will soon find that we are the most respected group on the boards. Everyone loves us!!!
Don't you mean... "Everyone else tends to think we're heretics, even though most are too nice to say it."?

:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stephanie Aine

Celtic Christian
Jun 26, 2004
USA
✟262.00
Faith
Protestant
eutychus said:
Hi Stephanie! Thanks for giving your background - I wish my interests were as intriguingly mysterious as yours!

Eph. 4:1-7,
Cass
<fluffs hair and tosses it over shoulder>
Who, me? Mysterious interests? And intriguingly so? Oh, stop, tell me more, go on, keep it coming...
<g>

SERIOUSLY though... my daughter just joined the forums moments ago; she should be arriving in here any minute. Her name is Galeed. Galeed, get in here!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Beoga

Sola Scriptura
Feb 2, 2004
Visit site
✟19,681.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Bradford said:
Don't you mean... "Everyone else tends to think we're heretics, even though most are too nice to say it."?

What?!?!?!?!?!!?!?! people actaully think that about us :eek: I thought they loved us, everyone always seems to give nice compliments :(

Upvote 0

cajunhillbilly

Jul 4, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟16,522.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I too am new to these forums. I have posted at Crosswalk.com with the same user name, but the sw at work now blocks that site (but not other forums?). So I did a search on Christian forums and found this one. I am an Epicopalian of a Reformed persuasion, like J I Packer. The 39 Articles of Religion of the Episcopal Chirch are very Calvinistic. I love the liturgy of the Episcopal church and like that they have weekly communion.

Upvote 0
K

KeilCoppes

Bradford said:
(smile) Isn't it an odd thing to be thought a heretic when you stand with the apostle Paul and the reformers?!

btw - hi - just dropped in for the first time.

Keil C, an OPC type who sometimes looks for other reformed types.

Upvote 0