✟8,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello all,

I hope someone can help me out here. I am a born again believer of several years and I know what it means to walk close to the Lord. I have lived in periods of utter defeat and I have lived in periods of utter victory. Rarely have I found myself what I might call ‘lukewarm’ or in between, it’s as if I’m either all out of I’m not at all.

I also live with schizoaffective disorder for which I manage through exercise and medication, and of course, the Lord (I liken it to Jacob’s handicap experience with God at Peniel in Genesis).

I recently stepped into a supervisor role at my job after getting several years under my belt with the company after much prayer and never feeling like I got a clear answer from God on it. In the end I felt like if I wanted to try it, God wanted to give me the opportunity to try it.

However since stepping into that role and I think, doing very well at it so far, I have struggled terribly spiritually since taking it. It’s not as stressful as it once was but it’s like it takes a lot out of me I feel I barely have any spiritual downtime. I am desperate to fly with the Lord again as I once did but I don’t know how to get unstuck.

I have fasted before and used to fast one day a week and have gotten away from that with this new job…. I feel like a little bit of prosperity has opened the door for temptation and weakened me. Do you think I should begin a fast? Last year I found myself in a rut after not fasting for a while and did so successfully.

Please note I don’t consider fasting an end in itself but rather a means to an end. Thanks in advance!

• Prayers
Reactions: JohnC101

brodav9@thicket

Feb 2, 2022
Sylacauga, Alabama
✟26,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am sure that if you were a little patient you would work in such a way as to show others a good testimony. If you are working overtime ( over 8 hours ) you are pushing to hard. Your job must not become your god. Pray for peace and wisdom and settle down--fear will ruin you. 2 Tim. 1:7 God has not given us a spirit of fear, but power ,love, and a sound mind. remember God is to be in control and work the image of his son in us by new experience. Don't forget to sing and pray as you work. Who knows you may be where you are for that one soul who needs Jesus.

Upvote 0