Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That doesn't answer the question, and God is not the one who "honor's a man's vow"... the man must keep his word, even if it brings himself harm. (as written in Scripture posted already).
I think you mean he worked 14 years for her. How old was he when he married ? (is it written?)
Why do you keep quoting my posts? With all due respect - where is it written in scripture to harass a fellow believer into engaging into pointless arguments? Jacob worked and waited for 14 years, both are true.

Also, what I meant was that if someone makes a vow and is not fully aware of what they're doing, God doesn't necessarily have to hold them accountable. He can chose to show mercy instead, and work with them based on that decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: -Luca
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope, just advising of pitfalls along the way.

Well, ok then, I'm sorry for thinking you were being like me sometimes. I just saw one thing, then another, and wondered.

We can encourage our brother as time goes on. He's made his vow already so no need to warn of all pitfalls so soon after. There are many blessings too.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He's made his vow already so no need to warn of all pitfalls so soon after. There are many blessings too.
Agreed although our 2 cents worth did create defensiveness and he left. Just a taste of what is to come. Wishing him all the best.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Agreed although our 2 cents worth did create defensiveness and he left. Just a taste of what is to come. Wishing him all the best.
I'm not surprised he left. It was the wise thing. There he was having made a momentous decision and us lot wanted to know why instead of affirming him. I had the same need to know why too and the fact it's a vow.

Then realised it's a momentous time in someone's life when that door is closed. Sometimes for the better. I didn't make a vow but honestly told the Lord that I just wanted to do His will either way. I was released from any desire to be married in ten or twenty years if I live that long. For me it's different though. I've been married.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
That could buy half a house.
For a time, when they were obeying Yahuweh, they (Israelites) did not have to buy a house. Each family was appointed property (farm or house ? ) , and it was theirs 'forever'... Worked very well,
not like greedy people flipping houses in the usa... (and probably in Israel today too, but don't know)....

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was released from any desire to be married in ten or twenty years if I live that long. For me it's different though. I've been married.
We all are capable of stepping into different roles and leaving others behind. We are adaptable.

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You may find yourself walking around a corner one day and bumping into someone you instantly fall in love with! It can happen.

On a lighter note, it happens to me nearly every time i am taken out for a walk!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You may find yourself walking around a corner one day and bumping into someone you instantly fall in love with! It can happen.
Yes but pepper spray has taken the romance out of it.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Today, I am declaring to the world that I am making a vow to and before the Almighty God never to get married in my life time.

tenor.gif

K.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zxcv

Oct 23, 2014
✟83,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you believe this is the appropriate step and the Lord accepted your sacrifice I pray your service is pleasing in His sight and blesses many in turn. :)

Hosea 6:6 - I want your constant love, not your animal sacrifices. I would rather have my people know me than burn offerings to me.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hosea 6:6 - I want your constant love, not your animal sacrifices. I would rather have my people know me than burn offerings to me.

For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it. —Matthew 19:12

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0