simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Is My Singleness a Gift? | Desiring God
Is My Singleness a Gift?
Singleness, even for those who long to be married and aren't, is not a trial to be endured; it is a positive good. It is a gift to be cherished and maximized. We ought not waste our singleness by viewing it as a trial to be endured.

Matthew 19:7-13 English Standard Version (ESV)
7 They said to him, “Why then did Moses command one to give a certificate of divorce and to send her away?” 8 He said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. 9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”a]">[a]

10 The disciples said to him, “If such is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry.” 11

But he said to them,
“Not everyone can receive this saying, but
only those to whom it is given.

12 For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.”

Reactions: Aabbie James
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Why, a vow? What if you change your mind?
Study Bible
Who May Dwell on Your Holy Hill?

…3 who has no slander on his tongue, who does no harm to his neighbor, who casts no scorn on his friend, 4 who despises the vile but honors those who fear the LORD,

who does not revise a costly oath,

5 who lends his money without interest and refuses a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken.…
Berean Study Bible · Download

Psalm 15:4
KJ21
in whose eyes a vile person is contemned, but he honoreth them that fear the Lord; he that taketh an oath to his own hurt, and changeth not;
ASV
In whose eyes a reprobate is despised, But who honoreth them that fear Jehovah; He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not;

AMP
In his eyes an evil person is despised, But he honors those who fear the Lord [and obediently worship Him with awe-inspired reverence and submissive wonder]. He keeps his word even to his own disadvantage and does not change it [for his own benefit];

AMPC
In whose eyes a vile person is despised, but he who honors those who fear the Lord (who revere and worship Him); who swears to his own hurt and does not change;

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Study Bible
Who May Dwell on Your Holy Hill?

…3 who has no slander on his tongue, who does no harm to his neighbor, who casts no scorn on his friend, 4 who despises the vile but honors those who fear the LORD,

who does not revise a costly oath,

5 who lends his money without interest and refuses a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken.…
Berean Study Bible · Download
I'm not scorning. I, myself, am wanting to be single forever. (I told the Lord I just wanted to do what He wants and my desire for a companion in the future became non existent).

I just wonder why a vow, especially one to God. It's pretty absolute, yet humans change over time.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I'm not scorning. I, myself, am wanting to be single forever. (I told the Lord I just wanted to do what He wants and my desire for a companion in the future became non existent).

I just wonder why a vow, especially one to God. It's pretty absolute.
< shrugs > Why did anyone ever make a vow , in Scripture, and throughout history ?

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
< shrugs > Why did anyone ever make a vow , in Scripture, and throughout history ?
For many reasons. Sometimes to prove themselves, or to try to not do something. I guess I was too late anyway, it must be done now.

Blessed introvert, may you reap the benefits of having more time for fellowship with Him and more time to be in His service. May you reap the blessings and let His glory shine

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for your input. I have never been in a relationship before have no female friends and just wanted to make it absolute before God and my savior Jesus Christ.
It may bring you happiness. There is a certain amount of freedom in closing that door.

• Useful
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
To become the best version of my self I am guessing.
No argument there but what will be your reply when someone says to you that you are being selfish and it is our responsibility to play the game?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No argument there but what will be your reply when someone says to you that you are being selfish and it is our responsibility to play the game?
People often say that to me / us - Ekklesia all over the world....

Our reply ? Yahuweh's (our Father) Word, even if/when we are called before a judge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for your input. I have never been in a relationship before have no female friends and just wanted to make it absolute before God and my savior Jesus Christ.

So you are weary of waiting and this is your way of finding closure? Do you have a complete peace about your decision?

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who’s being selfish the Bible says that not everyone is the marriage type and the I will face the Almighty God alone with no one next to me by the way.

I don't think you are being selfish since you are not doing it for worldly reasons like enjoying a bachelorhood.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Who’s being selfish the Bible says that not everyone is the marriage type and I will face the Almighty God alone with no one next to me by the way.
If you face the Almighty God, you better have Jesus next to you , by the way, not just then, but every day.

He longs with jealousy to be having our attention every day, not for us to be distracted away to worldly and fleshly pursuits outside of His Will.

Upvote 0