Searching for Something
Aug 10, 2003
Minnesota
✟7,947.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green

It was a cool, dark, August day, as the clouds swam ominously in the heavy brisk skies
The wheat fields shuttered as the icy rain pounded ceaseless upon their kin, as each cloud went by…
And a tremulous wind took hold of the towering trees and began to prance, for earth was their dance floor
As the wheat fields watched in anxious amazement, they all gasped into a terrible uproar!
The blue berry bushes that stayed in a far off distance remained placid, for no branch had dared to move
For they feared this rapid monster would feast His strength upon them too, oh what to do!
The wheat fields watched now more intently as this vicious beast took hold of the trees, their friends
And lacerated them from their home, the earth, and swallowed them…oh how there was no end!
Those blueberry bushes now quaked, for this pernicious Fiend had set his sights upon their foundation
And those wheats now howled in horror as they vividly watched this murderers scandalous assassination
He swiftly moved over towards those bushes of blueberries and with one zealous bite, they were brutally destroyed!
And the berries purple blood lavished the grounds, and oh how this monster was overjoyed!
And I watched fervently at this barbaric attack, as I held my stalks firm beneath the dirt…
For those whirling winds set gaze upon my family and I, together in the fields alert.
His gusts now more powerful, as he casually dragged himself towards our bend
Acting as though he may not be a monster, but as though he oddly changed into our foremost friend…
But his gentleness gave only more a tremor of panic, as his gusts tediously felt more alive
And we all watched in bitter anguish, as we were certain this monster would feast for us to die…
But something odd occurred, just as this Fiend came upon our hairs for those ominous clouds grasped this beast
And before his foul mouth could grasp our seed, he quickly diminished into the air, he ceased!
But now, the wheat fields shall still live in consternation for we wait upon his coming return
For every season this Fiend comes from the skies to feast, and who knows when it’s his next sojourn…