Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
States from Group A send in more to the federal government then comes back in the forms of funding. States from Group B send in less than they receive back in funding. Basic arithmetic, but as I recall basic arithmetic is a matter of opinion.

All that is lacking is some type of proof. Especially since people are fleeing California en masse.

Evidently, the wealthy in CA don’t like how high their taxes are.

When the government makes more money off your paycheck than you do, people take issue with it.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟213,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,193,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
All that is lacking is some type of proof.
Donor states, such as California, paying in more to federal coffers than they receive back and taker states, such as Mississippi, paying in less than they receive back isn't proof that the short fall is provided by money from the donor states?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟831,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I understand there are a lot of subtleties to these calculations, but here's the first one that jumped out of my google search

Donor States 2022

Balance of payments is the amount of revenue paid to the federal government from a state’s residents and economy (taxes) minus the amount of federal spending in that state. Donor states pay more to the federal government in taxes than they receive back in funding.

New York is the largest donor state in the U.S., with a negative balance of payments at $22,798,000,000. For every dollar New York gives the federal government, its residents are only receiving $0.91 back.

Seven other states are donor states:

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Noticed Tim Pool talking about this. Newsweek had an article too on it.

I would say it is a good sign, but if there is a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory I'm sure some Republicans will find it. :)
I got a warning once because I started a thread here without linking to an article. Just sayin'.....

Upvote 0