My YEC Evidence Challenge

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
So lemme get this straight...

God sets up impossible to meet standards and then decides that we deserve death and eternal torment when we *GASP* can't meet those standards. God then sets up a system of rules for sacrificing animals, because apparently, punishing innocent animals for the crimes of others is A-OK in God's book. Then God changes his mind about that, and impregnates a woman with himself so he can be sacrificed to himself to convince himself to forgive us for the crime of not meeting standards he set up knowing we would not be able to meet.

Also, God is apparently unable to just say, "I forgive you" the way I do with my daughter when she misbheaves. No, God needs blood before he can forgive, and apparently he doesn't care who, since he is quite happy to accept the blood of innocents for the crimes of others.

Delightful.

No. God gave all of us a temporary life knowing that some of us will choose to be evil and some of us will choose to be good. The reason Humans (descendants of Adam) are given this choice is because we have a mind like God's, inherited from Adam. Gen 3:22 We can freely choose to live with Jesus in Paradise forever OR we can reject God's Truth. Since today is the 6th Creative Day, you MUST choose to believe God or to believe in this world, Today, since Today IS the Day of Salvation. 2Co 6:2 God Bless you

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No. God gave all of us a temporary life knowing that some of us will choose to be evil and some of us will choose to be good. The reason Humans (descendants of Adam) are given this choice is because we have a mind like God's, inherited from Adam. Gen 3:22 We can freely choose to live with Jesus in Paradise forever OR we can reject God's Truth. Since today is the 6th Creative Day, you MUST choose to believe God or to believe in this world, Today, since Today IS the Day of Salvation. 2Co 6:2 God Bless you

Yeah, I've read that pamphlet before. Got any actual evidence instead of just repeating the same old claims?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Yeah, I've read that pamphlet before. Got any actual evidence instead of just repeating the same old claims?

Of course. Please TRY to explain HOW ancient men knew and correctly wrote what Scientists discovered last year, that all life on Earth came from Water:

Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly,

Meet Luca, the Ancestor of All Living Things

Science and Scripture AGREE. Amen?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Of course. Please TRY to explain HOW ancient men knew and correctly wrote what Scientists discovered last year, that all life on Earth came from Water:

Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly,

Oh stop it. You've tried this on me before, and it failed miserably. I think you need to go and read post 1150 again. Your argument has failed before, and it will fail again now.

• Agree
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

But, indeed, the Creation account in Genesis has fruit-bearing trees before life in the oceans. And even the land plants show up before the sun does.

Water-based life forms don't show up until after all these things.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
But, indeed, the Creation account in Genesis has fruit-bearing trees before life in the oceans. And even the land plants show up before the sun does.

Water-based life forms don't show up until after all these things.

Amen. It's simple. Adam's firmament, the boundary of his universe/heaven, was made the SECOND Day. Gen 1:8 God put water into the bottom of the firmament and dry ground appeared on top of the water and made a Flat Earth. Gen 1:9-10 Adam's Earth was protected from the water which totally surrounded Gen 1:6-7 his firmament. Adam's Earth was only miles in diameter, had only 4 Rivers, which all came from 1 River, Gen 2:10 and it's mountains were covered when the flood reached 15 cubits (22.5 feet) in depth. Gen 7:20 The present Cosmos was NOT made until the THIRD Day. Gen 2:4 You have confused Adam's Earth with the present Earth. Adam's Earth was "clean dissolved" in the flood. Isa 24:19 God Bless you

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Amen. It's simple. Adam's firmament, the boundary of his universe/heaven, was made the SECOND Day. Gen 1:8 God put water into the bottom of the firmament and dry ground appeared on top of the water and made a Flat Earth. Gen 1:9-10 Adam's Earth was protected from the water which totally surrounded Gen 1:6-7 his firmament. Adam's Earth was only miles in diameter, had only 4 Rivers, which all came from 1 River, Gen 2:10 and it's mountains were covered when the flood reached 15 cubits (22.5 feet) in depth. Gen 7:20 The present Cosmos was NOT made until the THIRD Day. Gen 2:4 You have confused Adam's Earth with the present Earth. Adam's Earth was "clean dissolved" in the flood. Isa 24:19 God Bless you

If that works for you that's fine. Personally I'll stick with the grandeur I see when I look at the earth through a geologist's eyes.

It is much more amazing and beautiful than anything I've read from a biblical literalists view no matter how exegetical they have to be to square the circle. The reality on the ground is a lot more interesting. And amazing.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
If that works for you that's fine. Personally I'll stick with the grandeur I see when I look at the earth through a geologist's eyes.

It is much more amazing and beautiful than anything I've read from a biblical literalists view no matter how exegetical they have to be to square the circle. The reality on the ground is a lot more interesting. And amazing.

I see. It's much easier to stick your head in the sand than to refute God's Truth. I agree. God Bless you

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I see. It's much easier to stick your head in the sand than to refute God's Truth. I agree. God Bless you

Please, I am going to have to start sending you a bill for all of my irony meters. You are the one guilty of that sin.

Again, if that is not the case prove it. Learn what is and what is not evidence. I am betting on you continuing to hide your head.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

No, first I don't believe in God, but if I did I would like to think the earth's grandeur speaks for itself without making up all sorts of stories. The reality of deep time and geologic forces working over fast spans of time is much more amazing than any magic story.

When I was a Christian I still found the reality of geology to be amazing and moving. I feel that Literal Genesis robs reality of a lot of its grandeur.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I feel that Literal Genesis robs reality of a lot of its grandeur.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

When you look at the Grand Canyon, do you see a beautiful geological structure; or do you see a terrible scar due to sin?

When you see a nebula in space, do you see a beautiful anomaly; or do you see the remnants of a sun destroyed by sin?

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When you look at the Grand Canyon, do you see a beautiful geological structure; or do you see a terrible scar due to sin?

Beautiful structure. I see a version of things we see happening every day (erosion).

When you see a nebula in space, do you see a beautiful anomaly; or do you see the remnants of a sun destroyed by sin?

I see the remnants of a sun that exploded.

If all you see in nature is SIN then I'm sad for you. If it's all so horrible to look at you have to wonder why God didn't give you something better. And one day you will be able to get to that. But in the interim you have to put up with the dung heap he put you on.

Kind of like slumming! You are "slumming" here on earth until something better comes along!

I think you should pray to God today and say "Thanks God, for the earth and all, but it's pretty disgusting, could you give me something better?"

You won't sound like a toddler at all. And God will appreciate the kudos on His attempt at giving the good people a place to hang until they get something better.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm happy that you are so in love with this lost and dying world since you will get what you worship (praise). Congratulations.

Indeed! It's a pretty cool place to live. I wouldn't say I "worship" it, more just appreciate it.

But don't get me wrong, it wasn't easy. It required some learning. In fact a lot of learning. A lot of discipline and a lot of time out with the rocks themselves.

It's often a lot easier to go with stories of miracles and to denigrate that which one doesn't understand as "lost and dying".

(btw: I'd like to apologize for calling your view "magical", I realize the proper term is miraculous and unevidenced).

If it brings you happiness and comfort to see only death and decay in your only home then I guess that's OK. But it always sounds so intensely sad to me. When I go outside I see trees and green and birds and cool animals and I even see volcanoes in the distance and I see the power of the stuff going on underground! I see it all as necessary to having a living world.

I hope living in this horrible place isn't too stressful to you. I hope your Church doesn't have too many windows looking out on this awful place.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Indeed! It's a pretty cool place to live. I wouldn't say I "worship" it, more just appreciate it.

But don't get me wrong, it wasn't easy. It required some learning. In fact a lot of learning. A lot of discipline and a lot of time out with the rocks themselves.

It's often a lot easier to go with stories of miracles and to denigrate that which one doesn't understand as "lost and dying".

(btw: I'd like to apologize for calling your view "magical", I realize the proper term is miraculous and unevidenced).

If it brings you happiness and comfort to see only death and decay in your only home then I guess that's OK. But it always sounds so intensely sad to me. When I go outside I see trees and green and birds and cool animals and I even see volcanoes in the distance and I see the power of the stuff going on underground! I see it all as necessary to having a living world.

I hope living in this horrible place isn't too stressful to you. I hope your Church doesn't have too many windows looking out on this awful place.

You live in Disneyland, on a temporary planet, in a temporary Cosmos, which will soon be burned along with all of it's changeable Scientific half-truths:

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Where will you be when the world is on fire? No threat, just a promise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You live in Disneyland, on a temporary planet, in a temporary Cosmos, which will soon be burned along with all of it's changeable Scientific half-truths:

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

The implication of a threat is quite clear: we'll all burn with it for not agreeing with you about how to interpret Genesis, no matter what we believe about Jesus.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You live in Disneyland, on a temporary planet, in a temporary Cosmos, which will soon be burned along with all of it's changeable Scientific half-truths

You know, I normally try to be accepting of other people's religious beliefs and appreciate that they are free to have the beliefs they hold so long as they don't hurt anyone with them. To that end I'm trying to hold back on this topic, but I have to wonder about such a toxic view of one's home.

And part of me fears that it is a view formed by the religion, not in response to the world. A religious view that finds everything to be death and decay seems pretty dark. I hope there's something here that can bring you joy because for better or worse you're stuck here on earth for the span of a lifetime.

I'm glad I don't believe in your version of God. If I did believe in a God who presumably made all this stuff and put me here I think it would be an affront to Him and His gift to say "Meh, it's pretty awful, thanks and all, but I'll hold out for you to give me something better."

I'll likely be dead because all this talk of the end of the world that so many religious people seem to drool over so isn't likely to happen in our lifetimes (unless humans actively start the burning with our wars and destruction of the planet).

And it always seems to me that if one hates their home, one is less likely to take care of it.

All I ask of you is that if you have this feeling that the earth is nothing but decay and death and a horrible place to be stuck, please don't stand in the way of those who would care for and appreciate the earth while we have it.

Fair enough?

• Winner
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
The implication of a threat is quite clear: we'll all burn with it for not agreeing with you about how to interpret Genesis, no matter what we believe about Jesus.

We were not discussing Genesis but instead ll Peter 3:10. Only those who have NOT been born again Spiritually in Christ, are threatened. Those in Christ look forward to seeing our friends and loved ones in Eternity. Whether you accept it or not, this world, and all those who love it more than God, will never escape it, even after it is burned.

Jesus: Mar 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
All I ask of you is that if you have this feeling that the earth is nothing but decay and death and a horrible place to be stuck, please don't stand in the way of those who would care for and appreciate the earth while we have it.

This Earth is temporary. I recognize that but it doesn't preclude me from appreciating God's creation of a place to live, in order to be tested. Those who place their faith in this world of darkness and death can have it. I prefer paradise. Amen?

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This Earth is temporary. I recognize that but it doesn't preclude me from appreciating God's creation of a place to live, in order to be tested. Those who place their faith in this world of darkness and death can have it. I prefer paradise. Amen?

OK. If that works for you. So long as I can enjoy the trees and the neat animals around here as well as a realistic view of what volcanoes are (ie not instruments to punish evil humans) and as long as I can appreciate the cool rocks I see around me then I guess we're good.

Just, try not to get too "down" when you walk between the car and the church door.

Upvote 0