Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The implication of a threat is quite clear: we'll all burn with it for not agreeing with you about how to interpret Genesis, no matter what we believe about Jesus.

We were not discussing Genesis but instead ll Peter 3:10. Only those who have NOT been born again Spiritually in Christ, are threatened. ...

I'm not threatened by your beliefs, so long as they are limited to your beliefs. I am always fascinated by Christians who do seem to get a little shiver of a thrill for playing the "threat" card. But it's a perfectly natural response for humans.

It's like watching a superhero movie: the bad guys beat up on Lois Lane but she has a secret in her back-pocket...she's buddies with SUPERMAN and Superman will come in and punch those evil doers out in no time flat. That'll show 'em!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OK. If that works for you. So long as I can enjoy the trees and the neat animals around here as well as a realistic view of what volcanoes are (ie not instruments to punish evil humans) and as long as I can appreciate the cool rocks I see around me then I guess we're good.

Just, try not to get too "down" when you walk between the car and the church door.

Too bad that's all you see.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Too bad that's all you see.

I like Louis Armstrong.

As for "all I see", could it just be marginally possible that at as one who has studied rocks for a ridiculously long time I see things you don't?

Could it be that as one who believes in deep time and the amazing forces of geology active even in our modern day, that I see a world that is infinitely more amazing than one that was created 6000-10000 years ago with all these features built into them?

Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Could it be that as one who believes in deep time and the amazing forces of geology active even in our modern day, that I see a world that is infinitely more amazing than one that was created 6000-10000 years ago with all these features built into them?
Didn't the Curies warn you that it's what you don't see that's gonna get you?

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Didn't the Curies warn you that it's what you don't see that's gonna get you?

Yup. Radioactivity and taxicabs.

But, that being said, the invisible radiation that took out Marie was detectable. Which is kind of how it came to their attention. So while "invisible" it was quite visible to science.

It took a bit of time to realize that what they were detecting was also quite dangerous.

(That goes double for taxicabs)

Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0