My questions

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I have not done this study in a few years.
I always thought it was a place name. But looking at it in the Hebrew (even with my limited understanding) it was not a place name but a physical description.

"Bether" means a cleft, crack, split. "Mountains" were of a rocky type.

So AFAICT, it is describing the Mons Pubis (rocky mountains) and the Cleft of Venus (bether) during arousal. (with the hard erectile tissue underlying it)

Try saying that from the pulpit.

Upvote 0

puregrl

Jun 7, 2005
North Carolina
✟15,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Could have been! I know Solomon used a variety of things to describe the human body and sexual actions.

Ha. Right!? I first heard this study years ago after graduating high school...im sure a more appropriate study for younger adults. Then again years later.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its not wild to me. Just natural exploration. I wouldnt call it wild or crazy.

I supoose your interpetation is different but theres nothing crazy about it. Ive been around more explicit stuff, seen more explicit types of literature in libraries if you can call it that.

Hah maybe im jaded.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think God enjoyes the innocence of it, for him a husband and wife getting to know each other is not even remotely dirty or crazy the way sex is shown these days as just this urge you have to satisfy.

Because in song of solomon its written to not awaken love till its time. So i never understand things like oh we have a sex drive. We have to do it now. Kind of thing. That to me is the devils way and probaly only lasts all of five minutes.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok well moving on, do you marrieds tell unmarrieds that Gods got someone for them?

Cos im not sure I believe that to be the case. Why do ppl say this when unmarried ppl obviously dont have anyone. Are they giving false hope?

If God has someone for everyone, surely He would tell us so, i dont really think its good of God to just keep people in the dark about who they going to end up with. For a long time. Surely He would give people clues on how to find this person you think.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Indeed. But the question is how long do you wait? Days? Weeks? Months? Years?
I think youd only need to wait a couple of days. Ovulation doesnt take that long and a period is only at most five days.

If you had to wait weeks or years your wife obviously has something wrong with her menstrual cycle!!

Remember a period is monthly or roughly every 28 days. Lol.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you had to wait weeks or years your wife obviously has something wrong with her menstrual cycle!!
The problem was not with the cycle.

Upvote 0

puregrl

Jun 7, 2005
North Carolina
✟15,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Puregirl when did you beocme a christian and what about your husband, were you both virgins when you married? What about you dave.
Just wondering.

Did this affect your marriage.

My parents were selfish, they had me to look after them, its the chinese way. I cant get out of it. Its totally opposite to western thinking where you have children and then tell them to get lost when they turn 18.

I became a Christian at the age of 7. "Redidicated" my life in my teens, and periodically since then. My husband has a very similar story to mine. I was not a virgin (I was previously married...divorced due to abuse), my husband was a virgin. This did not affect our marriage in any way.
It is your culture in how you interact with family. It is not something I can understand as I do not live in that type of culture. But here, the "get lost" idea is more of wanting your children to live and flourish on their own. Some parents tell their kids they cannot come back, however there has been a vast increase in the number of adults living with their parents over the past few years in America.

Some people have nannies what do you married couples think about that. I think its an upperclass thing though.
Personally, I feel it is more of an upperclass thing as well. Many people do have babysitters who come when needed and leave when the parents get home. But I dont know of anyone with a live-in nanny. If i was a parent, I would want to raise my child myself, not have someone else do it.

What do you mean by wild and crazy.
Is there NO difference to what christians do in the bedroom to non christians. Do the neighbours have to stop you, i mean is it that noisy.
Honestly, the type of sex is not different from non-Christians. Both Christians and non-Christians can have "slow romantic sex" as well as engage in some very erotic and crazy sex. However, God created sex to be done within the confines of marriage. He created our bodies to respond to certain things, and I believe he loves it when we love each other in a variety of ways. Lol...our home is not close enough to our neighbors for them to notice...but if anyone heard I would like to think it would make them want to go home and be with their spouse.

No am not planning a marriage! I am just asking questions for edification. Without knowledge you perish so this is just to be forearmed really.

My situation is so different from everyone elses. My first relationship is with Jesus. Im in my thirties.

But i see a lot of older married couples in church just wondering HOW it all works for them since I never grew up in church, and my parents arent christian. There arent that many young marrieds these days. I was in a group with a few younger marrieds but that group disbanded. I didnt really get to ask them stuff and most were extremely busy with the business of having children or trying to have children. It doesnt occur to many of them to NOT have children.

Although actually one couple have just moved to this country so are just getting established first so I understand why they not having children straight away..but i think in her case she would like to have children and her husband not really. She does work in childcare though.
Ah ok, thank you for the clarification! I wanted to be sure I would respond in the appropriate way based on your age and intentions. In a Christian marriage, your first priority should be a relationship with God. As a couple, you should both encourage one another to be the best you can be, both craving time with God and working to have a relationship with him. I have used the triangle model for this.
God is at the point, the very top of the triangle. You are at one of the lower points, your spouse at the other. Your goal is an equilateral triangle. You should both be working to grow closer to God, and as you notice, when the lower points move to the upper point, they grow closer together...so is the same in a Christian marriage relationship.

It is a different culture there, on some points. In america, people are also getting married later in life. They are delaying for a variety of reasons. People are also having less children, as society is starting to place less pressure on couples to have children, and that it is ok to focus on a career or each other, or whatever they want.
It is likely your female friend wants children because she works with them all day...but it can work the other way around as well.

Its not wild to me. Just natural exploration. I wouldnt call it wild or crazy.

I supoose your interpetation is different but theres nothing crazy about it. Ive been around more explicit stuff, seen more explicit types of literature in libraries if you can call it that.

Hah maybe im jaded.

It does differ with an individuals interpretation...when I look at the meaning behind the words, I would call it pretty wild.

I think God enjoyes the innocence of it, for him a husband and wife getting to know each other is not even remotely dirty or crazy the way sex is shown these days as just this urge you have to satisfy.

Because in song of solomon its written to not awaken love till its time. So i never understand things like oh we have a sex drive. We have to do it now. Kind of thing. That to me is the devils way and probaly only lasts all of five minutes.

God enjoys the innocence of it, but also the pleasure and "dirty craziness" of it as well. This is how he created sex to be. If it lasts two minutes, it lasts two minutes. If it lasts two hours, it lasts two hours. It is not about the action, or the time frame...it is about the connection. It is about creating the intimate connection between a husband and wife. A sex drive is simply the desire for intimacy with another. It can become so intense that you have to do it, and that is ok. Why would the devil come into a marriage and give someone the desire to do something God created? If the devil did his job, it would be do drive a wedge between spouses, not bring them closer together.

Upvote 0

puregrl

Jun 7, 2005
North Carolina
✟15,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok well moving on, do you marrieds tell unmarrieds that Gods got someone for them?

Cos im not sure I believe that to be the case. Why do ppl say this when unmarried ppl obviously dont have anyone. Are they giving false hope?

If God has someone for everyone, surely He would tell us so, i dont really think its good of God to just keep people in the dark about who they going to end up with. For a long time. Surely He would give people clues on how to find this person you think.

=) I do not. If I have a friend who has a deep desire to be married, I tell them that whoever God has for them is becoming who they need to be to be the best spouse they can be for that marriage. And that God is still working in them. At the right time, they will come together. If they feel bad about not having someone, but enjoy where they are in life and want to continue to be right where they are, I tell them that marriage is not for everyone. Paul in the bible was a dedicated single man, being used by God, meant to be single. Marriage is not for all people just as having children is not for all people. I dont think people want to give false hope. You may not be placed in the other persons life within the next year, or next ten years. But if God has placed within you a desire to get married, there is a reason for that.
God does not give us insight into what our future looks like. If you knew that in 5 years you would meet your future spouse at a cafe at 8:00pm on the first monday in June, he would have blonde hair and wear a blue shirt with khaki pants, sitting alone at a table drinking a black coffee...would you act differently? Would you not keep searching? Would you not do anything to improve yourself until right before you meet him? I cant pretend to know why God does what he does. I just know that if God showed me my future, i would act different...which would likely change my future. It is also about trusting God and having faith that He has your best intentions at heart and things will work out at the perfect time. God gave you the desire to do things, hobbies and interests. He wants you to live life, and have fun. And maybe, you will meet this person while engaging in something you enjoy.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I became a Christian at the age of 7. "Redidicated" my life in my teens, and periodically since then. My husband has a very similar story to mine. I was not a virgin (I was previously married...divorced due to abuse), my husband was a virgin. This did not affect our marriage in any way.
It is your culture in how you interact with family. It is not something I can understand as I do not live in that type of culture. But here, the "get lost" idea is more of wanting your children to live and flourish on their own. Some parents tell their kids they cannot come back, however there has been a vast increase in the number of adults living with their parents over the past few years in America.

Personally, I feel it is more of an upperclass thing as well. Many people do have babysitters who come when needed and leave when the parents get home. But I dont know of anyone with a live-in nanny. If i was a parent, I would want to raise my child myself, not have someone else do it.

Honestly, the type of sex is not different from non-Christians. Both Christians and non-Christians can have "slow romantic sex" as well as engage in some very erotic and crazy sex. However, God created sex to be done within the confines of marriage. He created our bodies to respond to certain things, and I believe he loves it when we love each other in a variety of ways. Lol...our home is not close enough to our neighbors for them to notice...but if anyone heard I would like to think it would make them want to go home and be with their spouse.

Ah ok, thank you for the clarification! I wanted to be sure I would respond in the appropriate way based on your age and intentions. In a Christian marriage, your first priority should be a relationship with God. As a couple, you should both encourage one another to be the best you can be, both craving time with God and working to have a relationship with him. I have used the triangle model for this.
God is at the point, the very top of the triangle. You are at one of the lower points, your spouse at the other. Your goal is an equilateral triangle. You should both be working to grow closer to God, and as you notice, when the lower points move to the upper point, they grow closer together...so is the same in a Christian marriage relationship.

It is a different culture there, on some points. In america, people are also getting married later in life. They are delaying for a variety of reasons. People are also having less children, as society is starting to place less pressure on couples to have children, and that it is ok to focus on a career or each other, or whatever they want.
It is likely your female friend wants children because she works with them all day...but it can work the other way around as well.

It does differ with an individuals interpretation...when I look at the meaning behind the words, I would call it pretty wild.

God enjoys the innocence of it, but also the pleasure and "dirty craziness" of it as well. This is how he created sex to be. If it lasts two minutes, it lasts two minutes. If it lasts two hours, it lasts two hours. It is not about the action, or the time frame...it is about the connection. It is about creating the intimate connection between a husband and wife. A sex drive is simply the desire for intimacy with another. It can become so intense that you have to do it, and that is ok. Why would the devil come into a marriage and give someone the desire to do something God created? If the devil did his job, it would be do drive a wedge between spouses, not bring them closer together.
Dirty? Sorry, but why would it be dirty?

I dont live in america. So, its a foreign country to me, and possibly marriage laws are different there as well as families.

As for drive, well, that drive does bring people together unfortunately that are totally unsuited to each other thats why people fornicate. I mean outside of marriage. I think its not a drive in christians you would be together for MORE than that reason. I think it would be different for christians, more holy I suppose, more 'led' then driven.

This would be why God wants us to be chaste for marriage, i cant imagine how different making love is as opposed to just sex, which i personally think is overrated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I spoke with an elder church lady she had two children in her marriage and said she waited six years before having them...i think both were busy with work etc and she said there was never any pressure from her parents to have children although on her husbands side there was that expectation.

I think with mine theres no pressure at all to be married since im not the eldest, and mum seems to have written me off as useless. You cannt find a decent job here let alone a spouse!! I mean may be differrent if i was stunningly attractive but well, im not. But then there is a man drought in this country. You kind of have to go overseas to find a spouse really. Thats how my mum found dad. Bu that was years ago when the economy was different...jobs were plentiful, and men actually had them.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think theres something about foreigners that make them a more attraactive prospect to marry and its nothing to do with you its your land lol.

The church lady married a welshman and he was obssesed with rugby, i think thats why he married a kiwi lass. So he could come and play rugby here.

Well thats my theory.
I am going to have to extol the virtues of nz climate to anyone thinking of marrying me. Anyone already living here is blessed but anyone not has to marry a kiwi to live here, why not. Lol

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
And here i was thinking I have to fuss with how pretty i am. Well no. I think as soon as mum saw that dad had his own place here with GRASS and it wasnt a high rise apartment building with no room to swing a cat, he was a shoe in for her affections.

Much better than living like a sardine in overcrowded Hong Kong I imagine.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As for drive, well, that drive does bring people together
Indeed. And if it is frustrated for too long it can drive you in all kinds of strange ways.
unfortunately that are totally unsuited to each other thats why people fornicate. I mean outside of marriage.
I would not say that is the only reason, or even the main reason, for people to fornicate. Perfectly compatible people fornicate as well. I would chalk that up to a lack of understanding that sex is supposed to be confined to a covenant relationship of marriage. (or an outright rejection of that fact)
I think its not a drive in christians you would be together for MORE than that reason. I think it would be different for christians, more holy I suppose, more 'led' then driven.
IN theory perhaps. But Paul says in 1 Cor 7 that it is better to marry than to burn. In the Greek that is addressed to women. (feminine text) So marrying for sexual reasons is scriptural, even if not really a good idea.

I do agree. It should be more than sex that brings a couple together. But it should be a factor as well. I attended a church in college which taught the exact opposite: if you were sexually attracted to someone, they should be the LAST person you should marry.

Reactions: puregrl
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think you were referring to this statement:

"God enjoys the innocence of it, but also the pleasure and 'dirty craziness' of it as well."

That refers to a mindset from classic christian circles (1800s?) that any kind of sex other than "man on top get it over with quick" was dirty, shameful and a sin. Even between willing or eager spouses. In fact until the 1970s and 80s most states in the US had laws against any such "perversions."

Upvote 0

puregrl

Jun 7, 2005
North Carolina
✟15,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I dont live in america. So, its a foreign country to me, and possibly marriage laws are different there as well as families.

As for drive, well, that drive does bring people together unfortunately that are totally unsuited to each other thats why people fornicate. I mean outside of marriage. I think its not a drive in christians you would be together for MORE than that reason. I think it would be different for christians, more holy I suppose, more 'led' then driven.

This would be why God wants us to be chaste for marriage, i cant imagine how different making love is as opposed to just sex, which i personally think is overrated.

From what I am reading, you feel that the use of objects or unnatural positions during sex would be conisdered "dirty". That was what I gathered and why I have been using that word.

I would agree with Dave that the drive is not the only thing that makes unmarried people have sex, they could have found someone they love and feel it is right. Of course you marry someone for more than just a desire to have sex, that kind of intimacy cannot sustain a marriage alone. We were created to desire our spouses at a physical level.

Would i act different if I knew in five years time I would meet a spouse. Hmm. Well I would say well OK God thanks for the inside tip I can just tell people who are nosy well sorry im not married yet ive got five more years. Lol
Ha! Nosy people! So If you knew what was going to happen to you tomorrow or the next day or next year, you would act differently. It is the uncertainty of when or how we are going to die that keeps us driving in a car (if i said you were going to get in an aweful car wreck tomorrow at 3, you would avoid driving). You can tell nosy people that you will have a guy when and if God decides to put him in your life. Other than that, it is honestly none of their business....but thats just me.

I spoke with an elder church lady she had two children in her marriage and said she waited six years before having them...i think both were busy with work etc and she said there was never any pressure from her parents to have children although on her husbands side there was that expectation.

I think with mine theres no pressure at all to be married since im not the eldest, and mum seems to have written me off as useless. You cannt find a decent job here let alone a spouse!! I mean may be differrent if i was stunningly attractive but well, im not. But then there is a man drought in this country. You kind of have to go overseas to find a spouse really. Thats how my mum found dad. Bu that was years ago when the economy was different...jobs were plentiful, and men actually had them.
Sounds kind of sad, to be honest. So one, you are priceless. Two, you dont have to be a beauty queen to be married. But no one wants to marry a women who hates herself. The man drought sucks...really. I have no idea how it is to be on a smaller island when it comes to finding a spouse...here, if you are willing to move, you can find someone anywhere....and online dating helps with that (how i found my hubby).

And here i was thinking I have to fuss with how pretty i am. Well no. I think as soon as mum saw that dad had his own place here with GRASS and it wasnt a high rise apartment building with no room to swing a cat, he was a shoe in for her affections.

Much better than living like a sardine in overcrowded Hong Kong I imagine.

SOunds like a nice place =)

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If your wife is saying she cant be with you for more than a week or a year i think the problem would be more than a menstrual cycle lol. it could be YOU smell. Nobody really wants to sleep next to someone who dont smell good.

Or failing that, you could snore louder than grand central station and your wife has to be in the next room otherwise she doesnt get any beauty sleep.

Upvote 0