My Genesis 1 Bottleneck Event Challenge

Do you see a bottleneck event in Genesis 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Referring to Revelations 22? They are for healing people, and removing a curse. I assume the curse mentioned is the one that followed consuming the fruit of knowledge, although it is a bit unclear if consuming that fruit caused the curse or if it was inflicted by Yahweh. I lean towards the latter.

The trees, and human, are in the Heaven. There is nothing needs to be healed in the Heaven. Where are the people who needs the healing?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
The universe isn't bounded by the cosmic background radiation. In fact, if I recall correctly, space itself expands faster than energy does, so the outer limits of the background radiation that is spreading out don't even mark the size of our universe. The radiation also absolutely has form: energy. Also, we have not detected other universes conclusively, and you might be confusing universes with dimensions with that 11 number. Dimensions as they apply to our own universe. Like 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional, not other worlds or whatnot.

The CRB is the outermost boundary of our Universe BEFORE it hits the dust which completely surrounds our Cosmos. When that event takes place, the following prophecy will take place. Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

*** This does not address my point that it wouldn't make sense for two universes interacting to only have destructive consequences for one of them. Just the clash of two universes is considered a possible way universes can be generated; what a massive amount of energy.

Not so, since Adam's entire Universe was only miles wide and completely enclosed in a solid metallic boundary, which made it totally self-sufficient. This also made it transportable from one dimension/universe within the Multiverse, to another. God commanded it to go from beneath the water in the Multiverse into the ground of the Multiverse, or into our Cosmos. This ALL took place on the 150th day AFTER the flood began. This means the Ark was floating only 110 days upon the face of the water. Paul and Jesus also went to the 3rd Heaven and back safely.

***On paper, flight sounds fun. But then you realize that the majority of humanity is afraid of heights.

I'm not afraid of heights but only of that sudden stop when I fall. It's an old joke.

*** So you think that the god you believe in could die if it wanted to. That's interesting. Although, said deity being content with its long life could be a matter of its perspective rather than it actually being psychologically capable of enduring indefinitely. To such a being, 1000 years could be a second. That would mean said being would perceive the entire 4.6 billion years Earth has existed the same way you would perceive 53 days. Heck, you have said that every day of creation is a billion years or some such similar item, I do not recall entirely, which would make the difference in time perception even more drastic.

Since today remains the 6th Day until the events of Gen 1:28-31 are fulfilled, and the beginning of our 2nd Heaven was on the 3rd Day Gen 2:4, divide 3 of God's Days into the 13.8 Billion years since the big bang, and the answer is:

Each of God's Days or Ages is more than 4.5 Billion years in length, in man's time.
Science AGREES since it shows that the FIRST Stars appeared less than a Billion years AFTER the big bang. This means the beginning of our cosmos was at the END of the 3rd Day, since the First Stars lit up on the 4th Day. Gen 1:16

*** Silver and purple are my favorite colors. Not much purpose in having streets if people aren't going to use them, fill the area with greenery instead XD

It's the object of the Creation and where Jesus is preparing a place for us to live after the present world is burned. To me, it's the fulfillment of man's dreams and shows that what we valued on the present Earth is beneath our feet in Heaven.

*** My "ideal heaven" isn't one of gems, precious metals, or mansions. It is one of me being able to cultivate a great variety of odd plants at my leisure, without it getting in the way of my friends and family. It's a hobby that isn't truly enjoyable without the challenges these plants pose, so making them all easy would defeat the point. My personal favorite, Nepenthes aristolochioides, currently requires conditions I cannot provide, and is critically endangered. I dare not get one, least I kill it.

God tells us to let our imaginations go and we STILL cannot fathom the wonderful things He has for us in Heaven. I would like 4 Planets where it was Spring all year long on one and the other seasons all year long on the others. Family reunions could choose which Planet to meet on. 1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.

*** I love these little birdhouses of insect doom.

I find it odd that some theists think atheists can't imagine a personal ideal after life. I absolutely can, down to tiny details. I just don't think it exists, but if it does, let me have the chance to cultivate the plants I couldn't while alive! XD

Amen. Sounds like you would like a world of plants. Remember though that NOTHING dies in heaven...AND...Lord God/Jesus made them and His creations are always temporal, which means there will be no mosquitoes in Heaven...not my Heaven. God Bless you

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
I don't use science to validate the Bible, or the Bible to validate science. Theology and science are engaged upon completely different projects.

My point is simple. IF God the Holy Spirit wrote the Bible, and He did, then His Words MUST be the Truth, in every way, or Heaven could never be. God's secret of eternal life is to ALWAYS be perfect, Truthful, and loving in every way.

*** It is true that God does not change his mind, and it is true that scientific theories are always subject to revision in the light of new information. So what?

Since God's Word is always true, the discoveries of mankind MUST agree or one has the wrong interpretation. That's WHY I post that the agreement of Scripture with Science and History is as close to the Truth as is Humanly possible. Amen?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
The trees, and human, are in the Heaven. There is nothing needs to be healed in the Heaven. Where are the people who needs the healing?

It's the "nations" which need healing:

Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Not so, since Adam's entire Universe was only miles wide and completely enclosed in a solid metallic boundary, which made it totally self-sufficient.

And what might that metal have been? Silver, aluminium, tungsten, iron..... Got any scientific or biblical basis for that, or is it just more fantasy you have pulled out of your own head?

Silly question.

Personally, I think the universe is shaped like Ray Comfort's banana, is a million light years long, but then drops off a cliff into a sea of hydrogen sulphate.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
And what might that metal have been? Silver, aluminium, tungsten, iron..... Got any scientific or biblical basis for that, or is it just more fantasy you have pulled out of your own head?

Don't know since it was made BEFORE anything else by Jesus, on the 2nd Day, Gen 1:6-8 which means He could have made it from any metal or whatever He wanted. It's another reason for T.V. evangelists or scientists to find the firmament in the bottom of Lake Van, Turkey. It's miles wide and worth more than it's weight in Gold. Amen?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The CRB is the outermost boundary of our Universe BEFORE it hits the dust which completely surrounds our Cosmos.
-_- what dust? Space is what is expanding the fastest, as far as I am aware, so there isn't any dust at the farthest reaches of the universe.

When that event takes place, the following prophecy will take place. Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
This planet is far too small to take hits from multiple stars.

Not so, since Adam's entire Universe was only miles wide and completely enclosed in a solid metallic boundary, which made it totally self-sufficient.
-_- why wouldn't a universe be self-sufficient. What would it even mean for a universe to be self-sufficient? Why would the size of the universes in question be relevant to the scope of destruction?

This also made it transportable from one dimension/universe within the Multiverse, to another. God commanded it to go from beneath the water in the Multiverse into the ground of the Multiverse, or into our Cosmos. This ALL took place on the 150th day AFTER the flood began. This means the Ark was floating only 110 days upon the face of the water. Paul and Jesus also went to the 3rd Heaven and back safely.
Wait, so it wasn't dunked in a lake on this planet? You are confusing me here. I recall distinctly that you said Adam's world was dissolved in a specific lake on Earth. However, now you are saying that Adam's universe was moved into ours after the flood? What?

Since today remains the 6th Day until the events of Gen 1:28-31 are fulfilled, and the beginning of our 2nd Heaven was on the 3rd Day Gen 2:4, divide 3 of God's Days into the 13.8 Billion years since the big bang, and the answer is:

Each of God's Days or Ages is more than 4.5 Billion years in length, in man's time.
Science AGREES since it shows that the FIRST Stars appeared less than a Billion years AFTER the big bang. This means the beginning of our cosmos was at the END of the 3rd Day, since the First Stars lit up on the 4th Day. Gen 1:16
Since I know you view us as being partially through the 6th day, that makes the universe, from your perspective, at least 22.5 billion years old, and at most, nearly 27 billion years old. So I did remember correctly that you are a creationist that views the universe as much older than modern science concludes.

It's the object of the Creation and where Jesus is preparing a place for us to live after the present world is burned. To me, it's the fulfillment of man's dreams and shows that what we valued on the present Earth is beneath our feet in Heaven.
-_- whose dream is it to just continue existing?

God tells us to let our imaginations go and we STILL cannot fathom the wonderful things He has for us in Heaven. I would like 4 Planets where it was Spring all year long on one and the other seasons all year long on the others. Family reunions could choose which Planet to meet on. 1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.

What about when what people want contradict? For example, say one man's desire is to reconnect with his son. His son's desire is for his father to be out of his life forever. Now what? But hey, great excuse to not give specifics about heaven and just let people try to imagine their ideal heaven, and then state it's going to be even better than that.

Amen. Sounds like you would like a world of plants. Remember though that NOTHING dies in heaven...AND...Lord God/Jesus made them and His creations are always temporal, which means there will be no mosquitoes in Heaven...not my Heaven. God Bless you
A world of just plants? No, interacting with other people may not be my favorite activity, but I need variety in my life. Funnily enough, Nepenthes are an entire genus of plants that do not have a positive correlation with age and death. Plants collected in the 1800s that managed to make it through both world wars are just fine and no more worn down than a plant 15 years old. Ones in the wild, barring death from disease or animals, seem to live for however long their vines can support them. Once they are too large, they collapse, their vines break apart, and many end up rooting in the soil to repeat the cycle.

-_- there's no fun in cultivating and caring for plants if they don't actually need it. Why water a plant that could go without water forever? The labor of love becomes a pointless waste of time.

And what of the adrenaline junkies among us? People that get their greatest enjoyment out of putting themselves at risk of death and injury? Sounds like they'd be bored out of their mind with your ideal of heaven.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Don't know since it was made BEFORE anything else by Jesus, on the 2nd Day, Gen 1:6-8 which means He could have made it from any metal or whatever He wanted. It's another reason for T.V. evangelists or scientists to find the firmament in the bottom of Lake Van, Turkey. It's miles wide and worth more than it's weight in Gold. Amen?

Nowhere does Genesis say anything about a firmament made of metal. Furthermore, in Gen 1.20 the author speaks of birds flying in the midst of the firmament.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
-_- what dust? Space is what is expanding the fastest, as far as I am aware, so there isn't any dust at the farthest reaches of the universe.

It's what surrounds us and keeps the terrible Light/Energy of the 3rd Heaven from destroying us. Exo 33:20 Adam's firmament was under WATER. Gen 1:6-8 Our's is in the DUST or Earth without form. The 3rd Heaven is in the Air, which shows it has NO bounds. In the beginning God made the air, dust and water and everything which exists in the physical world is made of these creation elements.

*** This planet is far too small to take hits from multiple stars.

I know. That is WHY God "warns" us of our terrible fate IF we miss Heaven. He describes this destruction of our world, as the Lake of Fire.

*** -_- why wouldn't a universe be self-sufficient. What would it even mean for a universe to be self-sufficient? Why would the size of the universes in question be relevant to the scope of destruction?

Adam's Universe was self-sufficient and the firmament kept the water which surrounded it from destroying it UNTIL the windows on high were opened.

*** Wait, so it wasn't dunked in a lake on this planet? You are confusing me here. I recall distinctly that you said Adam's world was dissolved in a specific lake on Earth. However, now you are saying that Adam's universe was moved into ours after the flood? What?

Adam's firmament, which contained Adam's Earth, was brought to the present world BEFORE the flood, and after the windows on high were opened, it rained for 40 days and nights before the 450 ft Ark left the ground of Adam's world. Gen 7:17 On the 150th Day after the rain began, the Ark was above the highest mountains on Adam's Earth. Gen 7:20-24 On the SAME 150th day, the Ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat. Gen 8:4 The solid firmament sank releasing the 450 ft Ark into our world. Adam's Earth/ground was "clean dissolved" Isa 24:19 in the water and the bottom half of the firmament is STILL at the bottom of the Lake.

*** Since I know you view us as being partially through the 6th day, that makes the universe, from your perspective, at least 22.5 billion years old, and at most, nearly 27 billion years old. So I did remember correctly that you are a creationist that views the universe as much older than modern science concludes.

It's because our Cosmos was not made until the 3rd Day Gen 2:4 which was some 13.8 Billion years ago in man's time. There were 2 other Days/Ages BEFORE the big bang of our Cosmos. That's WHY the bottom of the firmament is so valuable. It was made BEFORE the big bang on another world.

-_- whose dream is it to just continue existing?

Not mine since Jesus told us:

Jhn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

I want Life more abundantly, not existence.

*** What about when what people want contradict? For example, say one man's desire is to reconnect with his son. His son's desire is for his father to be out of his life forever. Now what? But hey, great excuse to not give specifics about heaven and just let people try to imagine their ideal heaven, and then state it's going to be even better than that.

It does kinda sound like Lying Trump on another Campaign. It's better than anyone can imagine.

*** A world of just plants? No, interacting with other people may not be my favorite activity, but I need variety in my life. Funnily enough, Nepenthes are an entire genus of plants that do not have a positive correlation with age and death. Plants collected in the 1800s that managed to make it through both world wars are just fine and no more worn down than a plant 15 years old. Ones in the wild, barring death from disease or animals, seem to live for however long their vines can support them. Once they are too large, they collapse, their vines break apart, and many end up rooting in the soil to repeat the cycle.

-_- there's no fun in cultivating and caring for plants if they don't actually need it. Why water a plant that could go without water forever? The labor of love becomes a pointless waste of time.

I too, am a lover of plants, but since they are perfect apart from this terrible world, it wouldn't be heaven without them. I want Roses as big as Basketballs.

*** And what of the adrenaline junkies among us? People that get their greatest enjoyment out of putting themselves at risk of death and injury? Sounds like they'd be bored out of their mind with your ideal of heaven.

That's WHY God gave us all a Free Choice, to live forever with Him in Paradise or to stay in the burned out universe of today. He knows that we must spend Eternity somewhere, but warns us against making the wrong choice. The adrenaline junkies won't like Hell since it's being alone forever, with self. God Bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Nowhere does Genesis say anything about a firmament made of metal. Furthermore, in Gen 1.20 the author speaks of birds flying in the midst of the firmament.

Then where did Wolverine's Admantium claws come from:

Adamantium

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's the "nations" which need healing:

Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Where are the nations? Why do they need healing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There was no bottleneck event, however there was a genetic introduction event. The superior Adamic DNA was introduced into the existing human stocks roughly 40,000 years ago.

Does that come from a scientific source, or from the infinite wisdom of the Urantia book?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

From the root word for "firmament" in Hebrew.

רָקַע râqaʻ, raw-kah'; a primitive root; to pound the earth (as a sign of passion); by analogy to expand (by hammering); by implication, to overlay (with thin sheets of metal):—beat, make broad, spread abroad (forth, over, out, into plates), stamp, stretch.

Now you should know what God means when He tell us to:

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Birds do fly in the open firmament of Heaven, in the 2nd Heaven, our Universe. Birds did fly in the open firmament of Adam, until the flood. A firmament is a container which serves as the boundary of a Universe, ANY Universe. The Hebrew words indicate that the first firmament was made of metal...and still is intact at the bottom of Lake Van, Turkey, in the mountains of Ararat. God Bless you

Upvote 0