Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Quite so. Science doesn't have a credal statement because it isn't a religion.
If it's a creedal statement you're looking for, may I suggest the scientific method?

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If it's a creedal statement you're looking for, may I suggest the scientific method?

The scientific method isn't a credal statement. It is - how shall we put this? - a method.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The scientific method isn't a credal statement. It is - how shall we put this? - a method.
Oh, well.

I contend science doesn't really need a creedal statement then.

Let Christianity have one.

Science can take a hike.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Quite so. Science doesn't have a credal statement because it isn't a religion.
Science isn't a religion. However, the notion that we live in a purely natural world devoid of spiritual influence is a mindset that could be called a religion. It's called Naturalism. It is the antithesis of deism. In the mind of the Naturalist anyone who has ever had contact with the supernatural; be it God, angels, demons or unknown, must me either lying or mentally unhinged. There are several who post to this board who are Naturalists; even though they would deny it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I agree.

Real science ... the kind God intended ... is not a religion, since it would not contradict the Bible.

I suppose it isn't real science if it comes to a conclusion a YEC doesn't like. Well, in that case, it isn't real mathematics which says my bank account needs attending to.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I suppose it isn't real science if it comes to a conclusion a YEC doesn't like. Well, in that case, it isn't real mathematics which says my bank account needs attending to.
I'm not a YEC, and if you say I am, then I can understand why your bank account needs attending to.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I'm not a YEC, and if you say I am, then I can understand why your bank account needs attending to.

Anybody who thinks the Earth was created a few thousand years ago is a YEC.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I agree.

Real science ... the kind God intended ... is not a religion, since it would not contradict the Bible.
If the Bible were error free and factual, it wouldn't contradict science. Bible worshipers are incapable of seeing the errors of Biblical claims because it would be detrimental to the false doctrine of inspiration.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If the Bible were error free and factual, it wouldn't contradict science. Bible worshipers are incapable of seeing the errors of Biblical claims because it would be detrimental to the false doctrine of inspiration.
What makes me a Bible worshipper?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You believe that God wrote the Bible, that it is inerrant and that anything that contradicts the Bible is dismissed out of hand regardless. Lacking a visible presence of God religious people tend to make the associated scriptures of their religion into a divine fetish. That's why I use the term "bible worshiper". For you, God is the Word, the Bible is the Word.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I take it that means anybody who isn't a YEC.
Ummmmm.... no. I gave you the definition. What part of it did you not understand? Here it is from Wiki:
In philosophy, naturalism is the "idea or belief that only natural (as opposed to supernatural or spiritual) laws and forces operate in the world." Adherents of naturalism (i.e., naturalists) assert that natural laws are the rules that govern the structure and behavior of the natural universe, that the changing universe at every stage is a product of these laws.

Upvote 0