✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I'm not bashing the guy, just the idea. :p
People are mistaken all the time, and people refuse to see the error of their ways all the time.

That wasn't meant for you. :) I just see where this thread is going ... and it's not edifying in any way.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Now I'm starting to wonder - is this guy desperately clinging to his theory so that he doesn't have to admit to himself that he doesn't actually know when the End will come, or is he just a fraud trying to add more to the millions he already has?

Upvote 0

penNpaper

Keep on moving
Nov 14, 2006
Youngstown
✟33,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
That wasn't meant for you. :) I just see where this thread is going ... and it's not edifying in any way.
I think things like this are very edifying. If we can't call foul, if we're put in a place where we can't say a spade is a spade then people become complacent, accept things like this and people who are teachers, who are held to a higher standard of truth, and what they say when they shouldn't. The teaching should be criticized, called out for what it is as a lie and frankly the man shouldn't be teaching IMO and hopefully God WILL touch him and show him the error of his ways, but he didn't learn from his past experience, and sadly, as long as he has sheep he will keep saying these things. Jesus compared us to sheep for a reason (and it wasn't nice). Think about it. Think about sheep. Not the smartest things on the planet. I think sometimes people need to loudly tell other sheep that it's not the way we should be going, that there is danger lurking ahead. Maybe not in this specific teaching, but in others. Things like this are how people like Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite get started, with fear mongering.

Reactions: vjaine
Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
To be fair I sometimes wonder what if he wasn't wrong, what if people have just become so segregated and strayed from the path to the point where very few people were genuinely worthy.

Oh well. He'll keep predicting, everyone will keep watching to see what happens, one day it'll come true. Just maybe not in his lifetime.

Upvote 0

crishmael

nothing but the rain
Aug 29, 2008
Tejas
✟32,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There isn't much edifying about someone persisting in their manipulation of people's beliefs. It's not bad enough he actually got a bunch of people to fund his crazy campaign but his arrogance in continuing with his predictions rather than apologizing is beyond the pale. I do have a prayer in this situation, and it's that people will ignore this charlatan and God will help those who he conned into giving up their possessions to fund his campaign of deceit deal with the fallout and find a way to get compensation from this fraud.

Upvote 0

Mydnyte

Dec 7, 2008
✟47,133.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
There isn't much edifying about someone persisting in their manipulation of people's beliefs. It's not bad enough he actually got a bunch of people to fund his crazy campaign but his arrogance in continuing with his predictions rather than apologizing is beyond the pale. I do have a prayer in this situation, and it's that people will ignore this charlatan and God will help those who he conned into giving up their possessions to fund his campaign of deceit deal with the fallout and find a way to get compensation from this fraud.

^^^^ That. Good post :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

SullivanZ

Seeking His Face
Mar 6, 2011
✟16,142.00
Faith
Christian
Ah come on Harold!!!!

Stop being stupid!!

Grrr...

normal_headdesk.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rose of Eden

Queen of CF and Child of God
Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics