Muslims riot to kill atheists and others.

Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
While I think it bad to execute people for something like that, if Muslims are going to kill each other that isn't as bad as killing non-believers.

OH, I misunderstood. I thought you were asking who the people calling for blasphemy laws are (Muslims).

As for who these laws are applied to, it's for everyone in the country who blasphemes (and this doesn't mean saying that they (non-Muslims) don't believe in Islaam or other things like that, since that's obvious....what is meant here is the obvious insults intended to disrespect).

Upvote 0

LeoWyatt

Dec 5, 2011
Behind You
✟622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
OH, I misunderstood. I thought you were asking who the people calling for blasphemy laws are (Muslims).

As for who these laws are applied to, it's for everyone in the country who blasphemes (and this doesn't mean saying that they (non-Muslims) don't believe in Islaam or other things like that, since that's obvious....what is meant here is the obvious insults intended to disrespect).

There currently is no blasphemy law. Muslims are fighting to have one passed. Those types of laws shouldn't exist.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
There currently is no blasphemy law. Muslims are fighting to have one passed. Those types of laws shouldn't exist.

The death penalty for a victimless crime?
That reminds me...I'm going to buy an extra American flag for this Independence Day.

Upvote 0

FrenchyBearpaw

Take time for granite.
Jun 13, 2011
✟4,283.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but you don't get to decide what laws and morals Muslims believe in and what laws they want in their countries. K, thanks.

Also, as for those "militant" "Islamists", the trial was unfair. Maybe you didn't check the video, but they're calling for the hanging of men because of alleged actions with no proof.

Human rights are for all humans, not just the ones Islamic militants control by force. Sorry, but you don't get to drag everyone down to your draconian, bass ackwards way of life. Your religion and government is one of hate and oppression, and the world would be a better place without it.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Out of curiosity, what constitutes blasphemy in Islam? Is it stating that one doesn't believe in God? Is it stating that one doesn't believe in the Quran? Is it someone who was raised Muslim stating that they no longer believe in Islam and becoming an atheist or a member of another faith? (I know that last carries a death sentence in your religion.) Saying 'obvious insults intended to disrespect' seems like awfully subjectively vague criteria to sentence someone to death over.

I'm also curious as to whether or not you think it is alright for people to be killed for what you consider blasphemy- because it seems like you're defending the stance of those calling for such actions. Blasphemy against my faith bothers me greatly too- but I don't think anyone deserves to be killed over it. I just find it very sad and pray for them.

Upvote 0

Eyes wide Open

Love and peace is the ONLY foundation-to build....
Dec 13, 2011
Australia
✟34,910.00
Faith

So an intended insult ends in an intended killing, don't you think the person who is to be killed finds that insulting?

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow. That's interesting. I wouldn't have thought that atheists were even on the radar of the extremists.

('Interesting' doesnt mean that any of it is good or I agree with it!)

Extremists? It's in their book. This is canon doctrine for them, not a faulty interpretation.

As for atheists, unless they're really closet Muslims, of course they're going to be targeted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Human rights are for all humans, not just the ones Islamic militants control by force. Sorry, but you don't get to drag everyone down to your draconian, bass ackwards way of life. Your religion and government is one of hate and oppression, and the world would be a better place without it.

Well, now that we've gotten what we want from them, anyway. You can't deny they did contribute a bit to the sciences. Back in the day, anyway.

But it has no place in today's society. To be fair I doubt it ever really had a place in society. Contributions or not.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private

You're right. And they're being killed for demonstrating for this. Either they want total free speech or they don't (which is what the secularists in that country say they want). They're not making their case for total free speech very well.

As for your last sentence, we once had a small discussion about apostasy laws, right? I don't really see the difference here except the portion of how you believe that it was limited to Israel.

Out of curiosity, what constitutes blasphemy in Islam? Is it stating that one doesn't believe in God? Is it stating that one doesn't believe in the Quran? Is it someone who was raised Muslim stating that they no longer believe in Islam and becoming an atheist or a member of another faith? (I know that last carries a death sentence in your religion.) Saying 'obvious insults intended to disrespect' seems like awfully subjectively vague criteria to sentence someone to death over.

Regarding the bold portion, I already said how saying that one does not believe in Islaam does not constitute blasphemy....which I think would extend to what you said.

As for born Muslims apostatizing, then yes, in an Islaamic state it would carry the punishment of death (after being given time to think it over, being taken to scholars to answer any questions the person may have, etc).

I'm also curious as to whether or not you think it is alright for people to be killed for what you consider blasphemy- because it seems like you're defending the stance of those calling for such actions. Blasphemy against my faith bothers me greatly too- but I don't think anyone deserves to be killed over it. I just find it very sad and pray for them.

First of all, I don't answer such questions. I see them very agent provocateur like (even if that's not your intention, which I'm sure it's not). No offense is intended.

Seeing as how you are a Christian, I'll ask a question along the lines of the question I asked LoAmmi. What about the apostasy laws that you believe God revealed in the Old Testament?

So an intended insult ends in an intended killing, don't you think the person who is to be killed finds that insulting?

Treason results in intended killing as well. Just think of blasphemy as high treason in an Islaamic state.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
You're right. And they're being killed for demonstrating for this. Either they want total free speech or they don't (which is what the secularists in that country say they want). They're not making their case for total free speech very well.

As for your last sentence, we once had a small discussion about apostasy laws, right? I don't really see the difference here except the portion of how you believe that it was limited to Israel.

Free speech doesn't entitle people to riot. I don't know the details, but if their demonstrations escalate into violence, they are in the wrong. If they are peacefully demonstrating and people become violent with them, the other people are in the wrong.

Let's be honest with each other. It's probably both sides have their idiots that are sparking the violence.

The apostasy laws you refer to haven't been used in thousands of years. We moved past the idea of killing each other because some people decide they don't want to be part of the tribe anymore. It's easier for them to completely leave the community. That wasn't always possible in ancient Israel. Today, the person can just leave the rest alone. Perhaps Muslims need to do the same.

Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Free speech doesn't entitle people to riot. I don't know the details, but if their demonstrations escalate into violence, they are in the wrong. If they are peacefully demonstrating and people become violent with them, the other people are in the wrong.

Let's be honest with each other. It's probably both sides have their idiots that are sparking the violence.

The apostasy laws you refer to haven't been used in thousands of years. We moved past the idea of killing each other because some people decide they don't want to be part of the tribe anymore. It's easier for them to completely leave the community. That wasn't always possible in ancient Israel. Today, the person can just leave the rest alone. Perhaps Muslims need to do the same.

There's no perhaps about it. There's a lot they need to change, or they will fade away into obscurity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private

There were no riots from what I gathered. Demonstrations/protests, yes. I believe the police just killed them because apparently it's against the laws to protest in Bangladesh (though when the secularists protest, they're fed by the government and given water!!!)****. Again, they're not making the case for free speech. They're also showing clear double standards. And it also bolsters the claim that there is a hidden agenda here with their sham trials.

Maybe, though I'm inclined to believe that it's mainly the police's fault. How do so many unarmed people get killed?

The fact remains that you (presumably) believe God revealed apostasy laws and they were to be applied.

And Muslims do not say that Islaam was just for a period of time 1400 years ago. It's to remain until the Day of Judgement. Allaah has perfected our religion for us, so we will never have the audacity to say that we can tweak it.

*****Actually, I'm uncertain about the law on no protesting. But either way, there have been double standards (treating the secular protestors well while the religious Muslim protestors like crap)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe, though I'm inclined to believe that it's mainly the police's fault. How do so many unarmed people get killed?

When they won't give up on the violence. You don't need a weapon to be dangerous.
Not saying that's what happened, but it's very, very possible.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
And Muslims do not say that Islaam was just for a period of time 1400 years ago. It's to remain until the Day of Judgement. Allaah has perfected our religion for us, so we will never have the audacity to say that we can tweak it.

Killing other people and calling for the death of other people for ridiculous reasons is not going to be accepted in modern society. Do you believe the United States should kill people for mocking Islam? If not aren't you changing the religion?

Upvote 0