Muslims riot to kill atheists and others.

elephunky

Previously known as dgirl1986
Nov 28, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
✟14,441.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Sounds like someone with a very fanciful imagination. Or a militia member? Or are those both the same thing?

He fought in the vietnam war I think...or something along those lines and he was quite serious. He saw it as a priveledge to "do gods work" in that manner.

Upvote 0
F

floating axehead

Says the guy with "floating axehead" as their user name. ;)

Glad to see this world is not devoid of those who can appreciate irony

He fought in the vietnam war I think...or something along those lines and he was quite serious. He saw it as a priveledge to "do gods work" in that manner.

Wait, are you actually saying that this guy thought he was fighting in the Viet Nam conflict to kill atheists?

Upvote 0

elephunky

Previously known as dgirl1986
Nov 28, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
✟14,441.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Glad to see this world is not devoid of those who can appreciate irony

Wait, are you actually saying that this guy thought he was fighting in the Viet Nam conflict to kill atheists?

I can't be sure what his thoughts were but from what he voiced on the forum but he seemed to take pleasure in killing atheists for Jesus and was boasting about it.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Killing other people and calling for the death of other people for ridiculous reasons is not going to be accepted in modern society.

Wait....I'm sure I misunderstood because I don't think you'd disrespect your religion like that. Do you think that apostasy laws are ridiculous? If so, then we still have the problem of you believing that God revealed such laws.

Do you believe the United States should kill people for mocking Islam? If not aren't you changing the religion?

I don't expect the U.S. government to implement Islaamic laws since they're not Muslims. So how, exactly, are they changing the religion if they don't believe in it in the first place and aren't using it as the basis to form their laws?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Wait....I'm sure I misunderstood because I don't think you'd disrespect your religion like that. Do you think that apostasy laws are ridiculous? If so, then we still have the problem of you believing that God revealed such laws.

Apostasy laws are ridiculous in modern times. I actually border on apostasy laws being ridiculous in ancient times, but I understand them in context. I view the death penalty itself as ridiculous in modern times even when applied to murderers. Were my faith to start calling for the death of apostates or those who picked up sticks on Shabbat, I would leave skid marks on the floor leaving.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I don't expect the U.S. government to implement Islaamic laws since they're not Muslims. So how, exactly, are they changing the religion if they don't believe in it in the first place and aren't using it as the basis to form their laws?

I asked if you thought it should not if it were possible.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Why would I expect non-Muslims to rule by Islaamic laws?

And, again, as I mentioned to someone else, I don't answer questions that I see as agent provocateur like.

Alright. How about this: Do you support the existence of such laws and believe they are correct? Do you believe that death is the correct penalty?

Upvote 0
C

Casual Observer

I can't be sure what his thoughts were but from what he voiced on the forum but he seemed to take pleasure in killing atheists for Jesus and was boasting about it.

Wow. I trust you realize that "killing atheists for Jesus" is in no way connected to the Gospel?

Now the phrase "kill em all and let God sort em out" was indeed used by a military commander, but lets not confuse that with Christianity. Even though it was a Pope who said it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Apostasy laws are ridiculous in modern times. I actually border on apostasy laws being ridiculous in ancient times, but I understand them in context. I view the death penalty itself as ridiculous in modern times even when applied to murderers. Were my faith to start calling for the death of apostates or those who picked up sticks on Shabbat, I would leave skid marks on the floor leaving.

What makes it different in Israel in ancient times to now? Why do you still remain a Jew even though you believe God revealed such laws but would not remain a Jew if you still believed that those laws were to be practiced today?

Alright. How about this: Do you support the existence of such laws and believe they are correct? Do you believe that death is the correct penalty?

I prefer the more theoretical/academic/theological conversation.

Islaamically, it is mandatory for the Muslim ruler of whatever nation to rule by the final laws that God revealed. He said in the Qur'aan that He has perfected our religion for us. If this is the case, how in the world can we ever change one of His rulings when HE is the supreme law-maker, not us. If we know laws are from God, then we know they're infallible. If they're from us, they can be wrong.

In the past, Muslim scholars have actually declared some rulers who called themselves Muslims as disbelievers because they preferred man-made laws over God laws (which is pretty similar to Satan preferring his own logic to that of God's command....and basically saying that he knew more than God). Islaamically, the right of legislation belongs to Allaah. If He said something, a ruler cannot say, "Nahhh, I think I'll do this instead because due to my limited knowledge I think this is not a good punishment." In this situation, he would be making his words more important than God's. He would be making himself the legislator and would be pushing God's legislation to the side.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
What makes it different in Israel in ancient times to now? Why do you still remain a Jew even though you believe God revealed such laws but would not remain a Jew if you still believed that those laws were to be practiced today?

I have no intention to follow a being that willy-nilly calls for death. If you get deep enough into my thought, I think that many of the death penalty laws we find in religion do not come from the divine but from man. There is no need for people to be killed in today's world, especially for something that hurts nobody.

I find it barbaric that people want laws that call for the death of others. One day in the future our descendants will look back on these laws and shake their heads wondering just how stupid their ancestors could be.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
I have no intention to follow a being that willy-nilly calls for death. If you get deep enough into my thought, I think that many of the death penalty laws we find in religion do not come from the divine but from man. There is no need for people to be killed in today's world, especially for something that hurts nobody.

Including what we find in these verses (yes, I posted these before in another conversation of ours)?:

4It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

6If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

Deuteronomy 13 NIV

2If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the Lord gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the Lord your God in violation of his covenant, 3and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars in the sky, 4and this has been brought to your attention, then you must investigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, 5take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death. 6On the testimony of two or three witnesses a person is to be put to death, but no one is to be put to death on the testimony of only one witness. 7The hands of the witnesses must be the first in putting that person to death, and then the hands of all the people. You must purge the evil from among you.

Deuteronomy 17 NIV

I find it barbaric that people want laws that call for the death of others. One day in the future our descendants will look back on these laws and shake their heads wondering just how stupid their ancestors could be.
I hope that the descendants of the world today will be guided to the truth. And I pray the same for the generations alive today.

Upvote 0