California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If your interested in islam and what their beliefs are. A couple of good Authors are Joel Richardson and Walid Shoebat, they teach and speak extensively on islam. They have quite a few YouTube videos that are most interesting.

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Friendly
Reactions: ☦Marius☦
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I took Islamic history when I was in college in the early 70s because I was tired of American history , the class seemed interesting, ( it was) and the class fit in my schedule . Boy did that class come in handy later as I don’t have that irrational hatred of Muslims that too many Americans have nowadays

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Walid Shoebat is not a reputable source of information about Islam and I suspect thst neither is Joel Richardson. Want to understand Islam?, speak with and get to know Muslims.

• Agree
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,977.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there is a Muslim who cares enough to take care of the Church but underlying that is the fact that Pakistan is not a safe country for Christians to live in. Thus why there are likely not enough Christians for themselves to take care of the Church. This just underscores to me the sad reality of the middle east.

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Walid Shoebat is not a reputable source of information about Islam and I suspect thst neither is Joel Richardson. Want to understand Islam?, speak with and get to know Muslims.

Walid Shoebat used to be a Muslim, now he’s a Christian. I would think that individual would be the one that would know the difference between the two religions?

Joel Richardson’s is a Bible teacher that has studied islam. He seems quite good and knowledgeable on the subject. His teaching does concure for the most part with Mr. Shoebat’s. There are some difference’s but on the major points, like what is going to be the 12 iman’s or the madhdi’s claim to fame. Where they behead all the Jews and Christians. Just like in the Bible the anti-Christ’s claim to fame will be, beheading all the Jews and Christians. If you compare both religions you will see, what in Christianity is put forth as righteousness, in Islam is put forth as unrighteousness, they are two opposite belief systems. One believes in loving its emeies, the other in killing its enemies. It is quite a interesting study for one that is open to see the differences in the two religions . Seeing how you said “I suspect he’s no good” tells me you know nothing about him. You might want to check Him out for yourself? Or are you practicing “taqiya”. The teaching that says it’s ok lie to someone so they will not learn the true beliefs of islam?

Knowing that the greatest sin in Islam is the sin of “shirk” the belief that Jesus is the Son of God. Which in Christianity is the only way to be saved and go to Heaven. Once again proving the polar opposite(s) of the two belief systems.

I have often wondered, since Muslim’s believe that they are praying to the God of Abraham. Why don’t they just pray to the God of Abraham and ask about Jesus?

Like;

Dear; God of Abraham, please show me whether Jesus is your Son or not, and whether He really did die for my sins.

A simple prayer like that, would be answered by the God of Abraham.

Food for thought,

Blessings,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,800.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Walid Shoebat used to be a Muslim, now he’s a Christian. I would think that individual would be the one that would know the difference between the two religions?
Joel Richardson’s is a Bible teacher that has studied islam. He seems quite good and knowledgeable on the subject. His teaching does concure for the most part with Mr. Shoebat’s.
Both of these men have an agenda and are motivated by money.

When it comes to learning about Islam and what Muslims actually believe, there's no substitute to talking to real Muslims.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Both of these men have an agenda and are motivated by money.

When it comes to learning about Islam and what Muslims actually believe, there's no substitute to talking to real Muslims.

Thank you for your interesting thoughts. But that’s like saying it is best to go to a student and learn, rather than someone who was a student, than became a teacher because they had learned.

You say they both have a agenda and are motivated by money. But that is just disparaging someone character so they won’t be listened to. It seems to me that you are the motivated by the agenda. For it does seem you are defending the indefensible. For everything I wrote about the beliefs of islam was accurate and correct, and you choose to point away from the beliefs of islam, and point a accusing finger at the messager(s) rather than the message. So you are practicing Taqiya. Blame everything and everybody, but Islam. For those people that call themselves Muslims, are just sinners like everyone else, it is the teaching of Islam that prevent people from turning to the God of Abraham. For righteousness is that which matters before the God of Abraham, but in Islam, it teaches that righteousness doesn’t matter, only to never question the teachings of Islam.

But I wish for you to get to know the God of Abraham in all reality and truth. For He does love you.

Why don’t you ask the God of Abraham, if it’s true?

Blessings,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’m going to repeat since the previous poster didn’t seem to get it . Jesus is considered to be one of the prophets in Islam along with Abraham, Moses and Muhammad. His Muslim name is Isa . Christians Jews and Zoroastrians are considered to be People of the Book. Their holy texts are considered to be incomplete not wrong.

The modern problems with Muslims iirc started because of continual and contentious fights over sovereignty in the Middle East , North Africa and Southern Europe, when Islam first started . This is a many centuries old issue ( frankly if everyone just stopped it wouldnt be one ) . But I guess centuries of thefts murders and executions just won’t go away. And Muslims aren’t responsible for all of it

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m going to repeat since the previous poster didn’t seem to get it . Jesus is considered to be one of the prophets in Islam along with Abraham, Moses and Muhammad. His Muslim name is Isa

I am well aware of that, but “Isa” in Islam is not Jesus the Son of God. He is just a lesser prophet. He did not die for our sins. For Islam teaching that when “Isa” shows up, he will tell all the Christians they have been deceived, and that He did not die for their sins, and that they should all follow Islam, and will kill all those that refuse. You need to speak the whole truth concerning Islam not just what you want people to know.

Still wish you would ask the God of Abraham, (whom the Muslims think they are praying to), if Jesus is in fact His Son and if He did in fact die for theirs sins. How is one to know, if one won’t ask?

Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,800.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for your interesting thoughts. But that’s like saying it is best to go to a student and learn, rather than someone who was a student, than became a teacher because they had learned.
Who better to learn about Islam than from actual Muslims?

You say they both have a agenda and are motivated by money. But that is just disparaging someone character so they won’t be listened to.
What do you think motivates these men? A visit to their websites should make the answer obvious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who better to learn about Islam than from actual Muslims?

What do you think motivates these men? A visit to their websites should make the answer obvious.

Have you? They love Muslims very much, they hope and pray for their salvation, daily. You seem to keep pointing away from what Islam actually teaches, to try to find fault with people that expose what Islam teaches. If they teach wrong, expose the wrong. If they teach correctly why do you argue against it? Aren’t you proud of what Islam teaches?

Hoping for a open heart.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,800.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Have you?
Yes, and I'm familiar with both of these men and what motivates them. Hint: these men have earned substantial amounts of money promoting their propaganda.

They love Muslims very much, they hope and pray for their salvation, daily. You seem to keep pointing away from what Islam actually teaches, to try to find fault with people that expose what Islam teaches. If they teach wrong, expose the wrong. If they teach correctly why do you argue against it? Aren’t you proud of what Islam teaches?
I haven't mentioned Islam in either a positive or negative light in this thread or what it teaches one way or the other. I simply suggested that if anyone wants to learn about Islam or what Muslims believe, then they should talk to Muslims. Blindly trusting what non-Muslims say about Islam and what Muslims believe simply because they claim to be a Christian is not wise.

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and I'm familiar with both of these men and what motivates them. Hint: these men have earned substantial amounts of money promoting their propaganda.

I haven't mentioned Islam in either a positive or negative light in this thread or what it teaches one way or the other. I simply suggested that if anyone wants to learn about Islam or what Muslims believe, then they should talk to Muslims. Blindly trusting what non-Muslims say about Islam and what Muslims believe simply because they claim to be a Christian is not wise.

That’s like saying you can only trust a practicing drug addict and not a recovering one when it comes to things pertaining to drugs.

Walid Shoebat is ex-Muslim with a fatwa on his head. Mr. Richardson has studied Islam greatly. Once again you point to the messagers and not the message. If they teach wrongly, expose the wrong. If correctly, why do you disparage the teachers. Or is it, you do know they teach correctly, but don’t won’t others to know what the teaching and beliefs of Islam are?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,800.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Walid Shoebat is ex-Muslim with a fatwa on his head.
What evidence do you have of this?

Mr. Richardson has studied Islam greatly.
Once again, what evidence do you have of this?

If they teach wrongly, expose the wrong.

Earlier in the thread you made these statements:

There are some difference’s but on the major points, like what is going to be the 12 iman’s or the madhdi’s claim to fame. Where they behead all the Jews and Christians. Just like in the Bible the anti-Christ’s claim to fame will be, beheading all the Jews and Christians.
“taqiya”. The teaching that says it’s ok lie to someone so they will not learn the true beliefs of islam?
the greatest sin in Islam is the sin of “shirk” the belief that Jesus is the Son of God.

If you learned any of this from either Shoebat or Richardson, then they are not correct in their teachings. None of what you mentioned above is what Islam teaches about those subjects.

Or is it, you do know they teach correctly, but don’t won’t others to know what the teaching and beliefs of Islam are?
I know that what they teach about Islam and what Muslims believe is incorrect. I also advised people reading this thread if they want to know what the teachings and beliefs of Islam are, they should talk to Muslims.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What evidence do you have of this?

Once again, what evidence do you have of this?

Earlier in the thread you made these statements:

If you learned any of this from either Shoebat or Richardson, then they are not correct in their teachings. None of what you mentioned above is what Islam teaches about those subjects.

I know that what they teach about Islam and what Muslims believe is incorrect. I also advised people reading this thread if they want to know what the teachings and beliefs of Islam are, they should talk to Muslims.

I realize that you want non-Muslims to talk to devout Muslim’s for most devout Muslim will be practicing taqiya, see below,
Taqiyya: Deception and Lying in Islam

The teaching that allows Muslims to do and saying anything that will further the cause of Islam to a non-Muslims.

Concerning “shirk”
First Greater Sin: Shirk (Polytheism)
“Ascribing a partner or Son to God.”

As you can see I told the truth in these area, as I did in the rest.

But I agree, if one is interested in what Muslims teach and believe there are many videos on YouTube both, for and against. I would suggest you do your own research. There are many teachers other than the two I mentioned, that not only agree with them, but go much deeper into the teaching and belief that is Islam.

Makes for one, (I would like to say frieghtening study), but I will leave that to the researcher.

But seeing how the God of Abraham, loves righteousness. All lying and deceiving before Him is sin.

Blessings,

Last edited:
Upvote 0