Visit site
✟130,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate

Multiple universes have been hypothesized in cosmology, physics, astronomy, religion, philosophy, transpersonal psychology, music, and all kinds of literature, particularly in science fiction, comic books and fantasy. From Wikipedia

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Such is the desperation to avoid the reality of life around us.
That's an interesting point of view.
Just wondering, but could we also suppose that might be a driving force behind the interest and fascination in Science fiction?

• Agree
Reactions: Yaaten
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm all for erzats possible worlds. Modal Logic is powerful; that's all there is to it. But I have never been able to embrace David Lewis's assertion that all possible worlds are concrete worlds. I know why he makes that claim; I just disagree. As far as physics goes and multiple worlds (universes), I just don't have the training or understanding to make a claim one way or the other. Still, I'm fascinated to hear from those who do.

Reactions: JohnEmmett
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Multiple universes have been hypothesized in cosmology, physics, astronomy, religion, philosophy, transpersonal psychology, music, and all kinds of literature, particularly in science fiction, comic books and fantasy. From Wikipedia

The ridicule that Hugh Everett experienced, and others, is unfortunate. We have never learned anything new by holding onto old ideas with a death grip. Even our experience of faith changes, or it stagnates and dies on the idol of certainty.

Upvote 0