LDS Mountain Meadows Massacre: John D. Lee was a Scapegoat!

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Get it in, bro! Joseph Smith is exposed as a liar, deceiver, and false prophet. And, this Ganev (Jewish word for "rogue") could not translate, either with or without God's help.
Still NO transcript. That is because there isn't one.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
There are very few Jews who become Mormons. None of them were related to Anne Frank or Simon Wiesenthal.
And the Mormon endowment is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible. A lie does not become truer by repeating it all the time. Goebbels was wrong.
I am not making this up, try reading this:

(Old Testament | 2 Kings 23:1 - 3)

1 AND the king sent, and they gathered unto him all the elders of Judah and of Jerusalem.
2 And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem with him, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the people, both small and great: and he read in their ears all the words of the book of the covenant which was found in the house of the LORD.
3 ¶ And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, to perform the words of this covenant that were written in this book. And all the people stood to the covenant.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The fact that he repeated his "testimony" on the deathbed is LDS propaganda, and nothing proves it
Sure blame it on propaganda. I suppose that is why Oliver returned to the church. It is all propaganda, he didn't come back everything is propaganda. Nice try though.

• Haha
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In any case, this is what various sources say. In my unpublished manuscript on the life and teachings of Joseph Smith, I have worked hard with the three witnesses of the Book of Mormon and found out a few things. Here is an example:

As early as 1835, the beginning of the rift between the two friends and relatives, Joseph Smith Jun. and Oliver Cowdery began to develop. This was due to the relationship of Joseph Smith, who was already married to Emma, which he had with one of his maids, Fanny Alger (then 16 years old), and which he had taken as a second wife in the same year, also before his wife Emma, and Oliver rightly accused him of adultery. On January 21, 1838, he wrote about it to his brother, reiterating his accusations against Joseph Smith Jun., calling the relationship a "dirty, disgusting, dirty affair." For the first time, Oliver Cowdery opposed the "prophet", citing not only the affair with Fanny Alger, but also the fact that Joseph Smith, in his opinion, would care too much about worldly affairs (e..B g. the Kirtland Bank) as the spiritual affairs. This rift, and because Oliver Cowdery had his heart on his tongue, ultimately led to him being expelled on April 12, 1838. The reason for this exclusion was not on the basis of what Oliver Cowdery brought against Joseph Smith Jun., but on the fact that he had been inactive in the Church and was a lawyer against the Church for his clients, because they wanted damages from the Church for their losses in the bankruptcy of Kirtland Bank. (...)
Oliver Cowdery left the church because he rightly felt he had been treated unfairly, and he was also very hurt and upset at the way his allegations against Joseph Smith Jun. had been handled. He finished his law degree, and worked as a lawyer, first in Kirtland, Ohio, then, from 1840 in Tiffin, Ohio, from where he eventually moved to Wisconsin in 1847. Politically, he served in the Democratic Party for which he wanted to run for Congress. But when it became known that he was one of the three witnesses to the Book of Mormon fraud, he was caricatured in the newspapers and lost the election on which he had placed such high hopes.
A reference in a poem written in Times & Seasons, Volume 2, 482, states that Oliver Cowdery later denied his testimony of the Book of Mormon. He became a member of a Methodist church in Tiffin after his excommunication, and had long since said goodbye to Mormonism. In this Church he served in various callings (Superintendent of the Sunday School and Secretary), and was a recognized member of his Church (D. Michael Quinn: The Mormon Hierarchy: Origins of Power, Signature Books, 1994, p.545).
Even during his excommunication, Oliver Cowdery remained in friendly contact with some Mormons. In these letters he lamented above all the intolerance of the church leadership of dissidents, as well as the practice of polygamy (more on this subject later). His desire to be a member of the Mormons again, where he was someone, grew stronger in 1848, and so he traveled to Winter Quarters, Nebraska, to visit and talk to Brigham Voung, the new Mormon prophet after the death of Joseph Smith. On November 12, 1848, after spending hours of interrogation, he was baptized again by Orson Hyde, a Mormon apostle, but did not regain his previous functions. Why did he be braised? Where he never fully reconciled with the Mormons, and many of the Mormons opposed his baptism? The Gospel Herald of November 1, 1849 writes about it:
"You can still see that they never mention Oliver Cowdery as one of them. In truth, he is not a man for them. It was a strange bout of mania that led him to them, and seems to have lasted only a few weeks for him ... in no single moment did they confer any power on him." (Cited in Jerald & Sandra Tanner: Case Against Mormonism, 1968, p.28.)

23 Best Christian Book Publishers (Accepting Manuscripts) - Rafal Reyzer
20 Christian Publishers: A Guide for First-Time Authors
31 Christian Book Publishers Accepting Submissions - TCK Publishing
The 17 Best Christian Publishers
Utah Lighthouse Ministry

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am not making this up, try reading this:

(Old Testament | 2 Kings 23:1 - 3)

1 AND the king sent, and they gathered unto him all the elders of Judah and of Jerusalem.
2 And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem with him, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the people, both small and great: and he read in their ears all the words of the book of the covenant which was found in the house of the LORD.
3 ¶ And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, to perform the words of this covenant that were written in this book. And all the people stood to the covenant.

When that was written, the LDS church did not exist.

Upvote 0

LindaBerlin

Nov 15, 2020
Berlin
✟13,095.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Divorced

The whole LDS cult is built on fairy tales and legends, lies and half-truths.
You wanted my manuscript? Unfortunately, it is in German, although here and there there are some text passages in English. But if you really want it, I could publish it here (as a PDF file).

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The whole LDS cult is built on fairy tales and legends, lies and half-truths.
You wanted my manuscript? Unfortunately, it is in German, although here and there there are some text passages in English. But if you really want it, I could publish it here (as a PDF file).
Thank You, I would need an English translation. That can be done online. I do not know if there is a translator online that can do a whole scanned in PDF book.

googled German to English PDF books

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LindaBerlin

Nov 15, 2020
Berlin
✟13,095.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Divorced
Did you not see where I laid out - in detail - how the Tanners violated copyright law?

The Tanner couple does not want to make a profit, they want to educate about the lies of the LDS.
For me, Mormon leadership is like a group of businessmen who are allowed to lie to other people and deceive, and sue anyone who exposes their lies and deceit.
According to the right to own works (copyright), this right expires, depending on the country, 70-100 years, unless it has been renewed. And for many of the Tanner couple's publications, the rights are no longer owned by the Mormon Church.

Upvote 0

LindaBerlin

Nov 15, 2020
Berlin
✟13,095.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank You, I would need an English translation. That can be done online. I do not know if there is a translator online that can do a whole scanned in PDF book.

googled German to English PDF books

If I were to publish the manuscript here, Mormons would certainly want to sue me for quoting from their books. They would then see it as a "violation of copyright" because I criticize their cult. Send me your email address, I'll send it to you privately.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints was restored and therefore has existed since the plan of salvation before the earth was formed.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
The Tanner couple does not want to make a profit, they want to educate about the lies of the LDS.

Doesn't matter.

By posting the entire chapter in full and without permission, they were in violation of the law.

And when informed that they were in violation, they expressed defiance and then attempted to go against the very legal settlement they agreed to.

• Winner
Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
For me, Mormon leadership is like a group of businessmen who are allowed to lie to other people and deceive, and sue anyone who exposes their lies and deceit.
According to the right to own works (copyright), this right expires, depending on the country, 70-100 years, unless it has been renewed. And for many of the Tanner couple's publications, the rights are no longer owned by the Mormon Church.
How do you know they weren't in it for the money?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't matter.

By posting the entire chapter in full and without permission, they were in violation of the law.

And when informed that they were in violation, they expressed defiance and then attempted to go against the very legal settlement they agreed to.
Big Whoop! Another mormon smokescreen. Just because they may have violated copyright law does not mean their criticisms were incorrect.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Big Whoop! Another mormon smokescreen. Just because they may have violated copyright law does not mean their criticisms were incorrect.

The issue at hand is that they attempted to end-run around their very own legal settlement, which is the kind of thing that establishes such an intent to distribute the judge could have used it to justify ordering them to shut their ministry down. That's how big a deal copyright law is in the US legal system.

Upvote 0

LindaBerlin

Nov 15, 2020
Berlin
✟13,095.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Divorced
Doesn't matter.

I wrote a manuscript about the life and teachings of Joseph Smith from 1996-1997. It is over 230 pages long. I showed the manuscript four months after the end of some Mormons in Berlin. A month later I received mail from Frankfurt, the German headquarters of the LDS. In it, I was accused of violating copyright because, without the permission of the LDS, I quoted from their books. Books, some of which were over 100 years old. Books that were freely available for sale at Deseret Books, such as the life story of Joseph Smith, written by his mother Lucy Mack Smith.
The Mormon leadership uses copyright to silence critics, to let them buckle for fear of the money and power of the LDS.

Upvote 0

LindaBerlin

Nov 15, 2020
Berlin
✟13,095.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Divorced
How do you know they weren't in it for the money?
Because I had met Sandra Tanner personally in 2012 during a lecture about her LDS experiences. By the way, the lecture covered, among other things, the Book of Mormon and the story of the Kinderhook plates.
Speaking about that plates:

Found this very informative website of critical Mormons:

Kinderhook Plates

Upvote 0

LindaBerlin

Nov 15, 2020
Berlin
✟13,095.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Divorced

ULM can prove any of its criticisms. Mormon apologists cannot. Their job is to camouflage, deceive and cover up so that the LDS cult looks good.

• Agree
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0