Most beautiful month in the year(Ramadan).....

amorly

Jan 11, 2012
✟7,826.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
It was the practice of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) to strive during the last 10 days of Ramadaan like no other time, to spend the night in prayer, supplication and recitation of the Qur'an. He also used to wake his family up to do the same.
Abu Hurayrah said that the Prophet (PBUH) said: "Whoever stays up and prays on Laylat al-Qadr out of faith and in the hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven."
(Hadith - Bukhari & Muslim)
Thus, the Muslim should make good use of the last 10 nights of Ramadaan and spend them in prayer and remembering Allah. We do not know for certain which night Laylat al-Qadr is, but the odd-numbered nights in the last 10 days are the most likely according to the hadith:

"Seek it in the odd nights of the last third of Ramadan."

(Hadith - Bukhari)

The night of the 27th of Ramadaan (ie the night before the fast of the day of the 27th of Ramadaan) has been narrated as being Laylat al-Qadr.

Faith and It's Proof - Beauties of Islam - (Sheikh Yusuf Estes) - YouTube

Upvote 0

TG123

Jul 1, 2006
somewhere
✟14,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are failing to understand the all encompassing aspect of Islam -making the non-muslims feel subdued.

009.029Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

You might also read about dhimmi in Islam.

I noticed on another thread you had not read the entire Quran. When you do please remember it is not in chronological order and there is a verse about substituting better verses that allows for the later more violent verses to be the better verses.
The verse if I am not mistaken was written about people who were attacking Muslims and started the hostilities.

If you want to argue that Islam allows Muslims to force non-Muslims to fast during Ramadan, I need to see some evidence from the hadiths or Quran.

The Quran tells Muslims it is only their duty to only tell others of Islam, if they accept that's great, if not they will go to hell.

“So if they dispute with you, say ‘I have submitted my whole self to Allah, and so have those who follow me.’ And say to the People of the Scripture and to the unlearned: ‘Do you also submit yourselves?’ If they do, then they are on right guidance. But if they turn away, your duty is only to convey the Message. And in Allah’s sight are all of His servants.” [Sûrah Âl `Imrân: 20]

Also, the Quran says there is no compulsion in religion:

“Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 256]

Forcing non-Muslims to fast during Ramadan violates the Quranic precepts on treatment of non-Muslims, it doesn't follow them.

Upvote 0

amorly

Jan 11, 2012
✟7,826.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Zurr ibn Hubaysh said: "I heard Ubayy ibn Ka'b saying - and it was said to him that 'Abd-Allaah ibn Mas'ood said:' Whoever follows the Sunnah will 'catch' Laylat al-Qadr! '- Ubayy said: 'May Allah have mercy on him, he did not want people to take it for granted and only stay up to pray on one night. By the One besides Whom there is no other god, it is in Ramadaan - he was swearing without a doubt - and by Allah, I do know which night it is. It is the night in which the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) commanded us to pray (qiyaam). It is the night the morning of which is the twenty seventh , and the sign of it is that the sun rises on that morning white and without rays. '"

(Hadith - Muslim and others)​
[FONT=&quot]However, the timing of the night Laylat al-Qadr has not been narrated with certainty, and its timing may not be the same every year.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The wisdom in this is that the Muslims will be more inclined to devote themselves in worship during the whole last 10 days, rather just on one night, as would be the case if its timing were known for certain.[/FONT]

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟16,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The verse if I am not mistaken was written about people who were attacking Muslims and started the hostilities.

If you want to argue that Islam allows Muslims to force non-Muslims to fast during Ramadan, I need to see some evidence from the hadiths or Quran.

The Quran tells Muslims it is only their duty to only tell others of Islam, if they accept that's great, if not they will go to hell.

“So if they dispute with you, say ‘I have submitted my whole self to Allah, and so have those who follow me.’ And say to the People of the Scripture and to the unlearned: ‘Do you also submit yourselves?’ If they do, then they are on right guidance. But if they turn away, your duty is only to convey the Message. And in Allah’s sight are all of His servants.” [Sûrah Âl `Imrân: 20]

Also, the Quran says there is no compulsion in religion:

“Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 256]

Forcing non-Muslims to fast during Ramadan violates the Quranic precepts on treatment of non-Muslims, it doesn't follow them.

So why doesn't it say in this verse - attack only in retaliation? Or fight only those that attack you?

No it says attack until all are subdued.
009.029 Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Do you realize that Mohammad set up a loop hole for verses 2:106 and 3:20 in that chapter 9 was revealed after the peaceful verses?

Also do you realize why Mohammad is allowing some to live here? This happened when non-muslims were no longer allowed in Mecca. Mohammad was worried about cash flow if all the non-muslim were killed off!

Upvote 0
C

conamer

So why doesn't it say in this verse - attack only in retaliation? Or fight only those that attack you?

No it says attack until all are subdued.
009.029 Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Do you realize that Mohammad set up a loop hole for verses 2:106 and 3:20 in that chapter 9 was revealed after the peaceful verses?

Also do you realize why Mohammad is allowing some to live here? This happened when non-muslims were no longer allowed in Mecca. Mohammad was worried about cash flow if all the non-muslim were killed off!
I'll have a shot of taqiyyah with a naskh chaser.
Qur'an 9:19-20 states jihad fi sabil refers specifically to taking up arms for Islam.
Qur'an 9:111 States paradise is for those who slay and are slain.

al-Nasikh wal-Mansoukh "the Abrogator and the Abrogated" this simpley means the verses that are contradictory, the latter verses cancel out the former peaceful Meccan verses such as "there is no compulsion"(sura 2:256) and are replaced by all the calls to jihad that are open ended for all unbelievers.

The "better, substituted" verses:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Sura: 2:178, 179, 190, 191, 193, 216, 217, 218, 244 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]3:121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 140, 155, 165, 166, 167, 169, 173, 195 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]4:71, 72, 74, 75, 76, 77, 84, 89, 91, 94, 95, 100, 102, 104 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]5:33, 35, 38 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]8:5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 16, 17, 39, 42, 45, 59, 65, 67, 69, 71, 72, 74, 75 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]9:5, 12, 13, 14, 16, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, 29, 36, 38, 39, 41, 44, 52, 73, 81, 83, 86, 88, 92, 111, 120, 122, 123[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]16:110[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]22:39, 78[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]29:6, 69[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]33:7, 18, 20, 25, 26[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]47:20[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]48:16, 22[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]59,2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]60:9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]61:4[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]63:4[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]64:14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]66:9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]73:20[/FONT]

All related to war....:bow:

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟16,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'll have a shot of taqiyyah with a naskh chaser.
Qur'an 9:19-20 states jihad fi sabil refers specifically to taking up arms for Islam.
Qur'an 9:111 States paradise is for those who slay and are slain.

al-Nasikh wal-Mansoukh "the Abrogator and the Abrogated" this simpley means the verses that are contradictory, the latter verses cancel out the former peaceful Meccan verses such as "there is no compulsion"(sura 2:256) and are replaced by all the calls to jihad that are open ended for all unbelievers.

The "better, substituted" verses:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Sura: 2:178, 179, 190, 191, 193, 216, 217, 218, 244 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]3:121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 140, 155, 165, 166, 167, 169, 173, 195 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]4:71, 72, 74, 75, 76, 77, 84, 89, 91, 94, 95, 100, 102, 104 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]5:33, 35, 38 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]8:5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 16, 17, 39, 42, 45, 59, 65, 67, 69, 71, 72, 74, 75 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]9:5, 12, 13, 14, 16, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, 29, 36, 38, 39, 41, 44, 52, 73, 81, 83, 86, 88, 92, 111, 120, 122, 123[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]16:110[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]22:39, 78[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]29:6, 69[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]33:7, 18, 20, 25, 26[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]47:20[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]48:16, 22[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]59,2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]60:9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]61:4[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]63:4[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]64:14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]66:9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]73:20[/FONT]

All related to war....:bow:

Attacks in Iraq killed 409 people in Ramadan=
Attacks in Iraq killed 409 people in Ramadan

(AFP) / 20 August 2012

Bombings and shootings in Iraq killed at least 409 people and wounded 975 during the holy Muslim fasting month of Ramadan, according to an AFP tally based on security and medical officials.

The month saw a number of deadly days, including July 23, when 113 people were killed and 259 wounded in a wave of attacks across the country, and August 16, when 82 were killed and 270 wounded.

Ramadan, when observant Muslims abstain from food, drink, smoking and sex during the day, began on July 21 and ended for Iraqi Sunnis and some Shias after sundown on August 18, and the rest the next night.

But violence often rises during the holy month in Iraq because, ‘radicalised terrorists are often more intent on conducting these (suicide attacks) during the holy month of Ramadan because it is a period associated with martyrdom and self-sacrifice,’ said John Drake, a security analyst with AKE Group.

Violence in Iraq is down from its peak in 2006 and 2007, but attacks remain common.

Official figures put the number of people killed in July at 325, the highest monthly death toll in almost two years.

Upvote 0

alex28

Jun 1, 2013
✟227.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Allah says in the Holy Qur'an

185. The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadan ie is present at his home), he must observe Saum (fasts) that month, and whoever is ill or on a journey, the same number [ of days which one did not observe Saum (fasts) must be made up] from other days. Allah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you. (He wants that you) must complete the same number (of days), and that you must magnify Allah [ie to say Takbir (Allahu-Akbar; Allah is the Most Great) on seeing the crescent of the months of Ramadan and Shawwal] for having guided you so that you may be grateful to Him.

Ramadan_Reruns youtube

Upvote 0

alex28

Jun 1, 2013
✟227.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
thank you

هل تتهيّاء إسرائيل للدمار ؟ أحمد ديدات و بول فيندلى youtube

--

The People of the Scripture used to continue fasting until midnight or close to it, and did not break the fast before the stars intermingled in the sky. Sometimes, they continued fasting night and day. However, our Sharee’ah brought about ease, by encouraging us to hasten to break the fast at sunset and delay Suhoor until shortly before dawn, and forbidding continuous fasting. According to an authentic Hadeeth: "The people will continue to prosper as long as they hasten to break the fast and delay Suhoor." And: "The meal of Suhoor is the separating limit between us and the People of the Scripture

المسلمون يرحبون بشهر رمضان [ مترجم للعربية ]youtube

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
DennisTate

Heavenly journey of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him

In order to know all the details
Continue with me

http://www.christianforums.com/t7671948/

-Abu Huraira related that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: Whoever fasts during Ramadan with faith and seeking his reward from Allah will have his past sins forgiven. Whoever prays during the nights in Ramadan with faith and seeking his reward from Allah will have his past sins forgiven. And he who passes Lailat al-Qadr in prayer with faith and seeking his reward from Allah will have his past sins forgiven (Bukhari, Muslim)

[.youtube.com/watch?v=_e1er86VQXA]Muslims in America fasting Ramadan - YouTube[/url]

Amorly......I recently ran into an Islamic prophecy that in my opinion has the power to alter the world political and economic formula as well as set in motion a series of events that could prevent the unnecessary deaths of a billion people over the next century or two!!!!

It is the one about the deserts of the Islamic nations being turned green around the time of the day of judgement!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Depthofinnocence

Jul 4, 2013
United States of America
✟15,170.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
This is Ramadan, the holiest of months in Islam. This month is supposed to be about reflection on all our past sins, reparing broken relationships, forgiving one another and reconciling with those we have wronged. When you hear about Muslims killing, beating or causing harm to others (Muslim and Non-Muslim alike), they are not keeping in teachings with the Prophet SAW.

I absolutely agree.

Upvote 0

Depthofinnocence

Jul 4, 2013
United States of America
✟15,170.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I see so much anger behind everyone's words. It's saddening to see such espeically during the holy month.

At the users on here who posted the many links and excerpts from news articles concerning atrocities committed by Muslims in the name of Islam . I will agree , that those perpetrators believed they were using Islam to justify their crimes against humanity which i dont see Christians using Christianity in THIS DAY AND AGE to carry out horrific acts of violence against non-Christians and eachother. Spreading Christianity or Christian influence by the sword has become something of the past. But does that mean violene in majority Christian nations have stopped altogether ? NO!

The only difference is certain individuals who carry out violent crimes and are of Christian background today do not use Christianity to justify any crime they commit. But has the violence stopped ? No it hasn't stopped and did their faith prevent them from committing a violent act ? NO it didn't prevent them from committing violent act , they had no care about faith when they committed that act. They find other ways to justify what they do. So these arguments about blaming another's faith for the horrid crime which happened to be committed by a member of the blamed faith is very ignorant. Unless ofcourse someone on here can prove to me that they have 0% crime rate amongst the followers of their faith worldwide because their faith has successfully managed to prevent people from committing crimes or becoming violent.

People who will commit violence will commit violence regardless of their faith, race and background. Our main concern as humans is to speak out against violence committed by anyone regardless of faith,race,nation.
People only need reasons to justify their blood thirst, they need reasons to kill . Yes , any crimes committed by a Muslim for example, there will be high possibility this individual will use Islam to justify it. It hurts me inside as a Muslim more to see a member of my faith commit a crime.

However I do not agree with the violent acts those muslims individuals do, nor do I condone them in anyway. There are billion Muslims worldwide , so ofcourse there will be thousands of those who follow the extremist way in regards to Islam but they will AlWAYS be a minority. I can't believe some of you will claim that this extremist minority is following the "correct" form of Islam. I don't understand the logic in that. What gives you the right to claim that the extremist groups are "practicing" and the MAJORITY nonextremist Muslims are "nominal" muslims just because they have their own interpretations of islam ?

The salafist monarchy is in power in the Muslim holy land. Most Muslims are not salafi or Wahhabi sect. But this salafi monarchy has the upper hand because they have oil wealth and western support and this gives them power to further their salafi interpretation of Islam , to issue out silly stupid fatwas. To print and dish out hate filled books , to infiltrate the media ,academia and politics in other majority Muslim nations. They do all of this by using their oil wealth and because they want to remain in power and do not wish for other Muslim nations to compete with them nor challenge their authority.They purposefully want to dumb down the Muslim masses and keep them in civil wars and strife because this enables them to remain in power. It all comes down to greed.

The prophet (pbuh) never enforced non-Muslims to fast during Ramadan. Infact feeding the poor people during Ramadan in streets was encouraged even more , so these silly laws against anyone eating outside are recently conjured up by extremists. These laws have no place in the Quran for non-muslims and those who have nothing to eat during Ramadan.
A billion Muslims are following Islam for a reason and these billion Muslims are not killing eachother nor anyone else. I would have denounced my faith and every other faith because there is not one faith today that has 0% crime rate amongst its followers. Whether they justify the crime they committed by using their faith or not, my main concern would be , how come their faith did not prevent them from committing such crime?

Mankind has always been violent ! Just keep that in mind. People have twisted religion to further their violence and to remain in power. They use innocent blood to remain in power and subjugate the masses.

Upvote 0

alex28

Jun 1, 2013
✟227.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Ramadan Kareem. Alhamdulillah Allah has made it easy for me so far. I thought the long days would be difficult to complete but it's been quite the opposite. My body hasn't felt this good in a long, long time. InshaAllah the rest of the month stays like this.

رمضانيات الامر بالمعروف للداعية الامريكي يوسف استس youtube

Upvote 0

TG123

Jul 1, 2006
somewhere
✟14,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see so much anger behind everyone's words. It's saddening to see such espeically during the holy month.

At the users on here who posted the many links and excerpts from news articles concerning atrocities committed by Muslims in the name of Islam . I will agree , that those perpetrators believed they were using Islam to justify their crimes against humanity which i dont see Christians using Christianity in THIS DAY AND AGE to carry out horrific acts of violence against non-Christians and eachother. Spreading Christianity or Christian influence by the sword has become something of the past. But does that mean violene in majority Christian nations have stopped altogether ? NO!

The only difference is certain individuals who carry out violent crimes and are of Christian background today do not use Christianity to justify any crime they commit. But has the violence stopped ? No it hasn't stopped and did their faith prevent them from committing a violent act ? NO it didn't prevent them from committing violent act , they had no care about faith when they committed that act. They find other ways to justify what they do. So these arguments about blaming another's faith for the horrid crime which happened to be committed by a member of the blamed faith is very ignorant. Unless ofcourse someone on here can prove to me that they have 0% crime rate amongst the followers of their faith worldwide because their faith has successfully managed to prevent people from committing crimes or becoming violent.

People who will commit violence will commit violence regardless of their faith, race and background. Our main concern as humans is to speak out against violence committed by anyone regardless of faith,race,nation.
People only need reasons to justify their blood thirst, they need reasons to kill . Yes , any crimes committed by a Muslim for example, there will be high possibility this individual will use Islam to justify it. It hurts me inside as a Muslim more to see a member of my faith commit a crime.

However I do not agree with the violent acts those muslims individuals do, nor do I condone them in anyway. There are billion Muslims worldwide , so ofcourse there will be thousands of those who follow the extremist way in regards to Islam but they will AlWAYS be a minority. I can't believe some of you will claim that this extremist minority is following the "correct" form of Islam. I don't understand the logic in that. What gives you the right to claim that the extremist groups are "practicing" and the MAJORITY nonextremist Muslims are "nominal" muslims just because they have their own interpretations of islam ?

The salafist monarchy is in power in the Muslim holy land. Most Muslims are not salafi or Wahhabi sect. But this salafi monarchy has the upper hand because they have oil wealth and western support and this gives them power to further their salafi interpretation of Islam , to issue out silly stupid fatwas. To print and dish out hate filled books , to infiltrate the media ,academia and politics in other majority Muslim nations. They do all of this by using their oil wealth and because they want to remain in power and do not wish for other Muslim nations to compete with them nor challenge their authority.They purposefully want to dumb down the Muslim masses and keep them in civil wars and strife because this enables them to remain in power. It all comes down to greed.

The prophet (pbuh) never enforced non-Muslims to fast during Ramadan. Infact feeding the poor people during Ramadan in streets was encouraged even more , so these silly laws against anyone eating outside are recently conjured up by extremists. These laws have no place in the Quran for non-muslims and those who have nothing to eat during Ramadan.
A billion Muslims are following Islam for a reason and these billion Muslims are not killing eachother nor anyone else. I would have denounced my faith and every other faith because there is not one faith today that has 0% crime rate amongst its followers. Whether they justify the crime they committed by using their faith or not, my main concern would be , how come their faith did not prevent them from committing such crime?

Mankind has always been violent ! Just keep that in mind. People have twisted religion to further their violence and to remain in power. They use innocent blood to remain in power and subjugate the masses.
DepthofInnocence,

Salaam Alaikum. I can't write much because my computer is in very bad shape and I will be getting a new one inshAllah in a month or so, but I have been reading this forum from time to time, and I wanted to thank you for your posts. While there are extremists and murderers among Muslims, there are also extremists and murderers among people of any other faiths and no faith.

As a Christian, I certainly disagree with a lot of what is in the Quran and hadiths, and have been engaged in some very intense and good discussions with Muslims on and off this forum... discussions which I look forward to coming back to when I have a new computer again.

I have read the Quran front to back once and refer to it in my discussions with Muslims, I am also reading through Bukhari. From having read the Quran, I do not see any evidence that it teaches that Muslims are to go out and aggressively attack and murder or mistreat non-Muslims. The Quran allows for armed self-defence and while as a Christian who is a pacifist because of Christ's teachings on turning the other cheek and love for enemies, I disagree with it, it is a far cry from allegations that Muslims are somehow taught in their religion to forcefully convert or kill or mistreat non-Muslims. I disagree with the Quran's teachings on war like I disagree with the "just war theory" that some so-called 'christians' came up with in the 4th century. It conflicts with what Jesus taught. However, it does not say "go out and fight non-believers because they are non-believers".

I also haven't seen any instruction anywhere in the Quran or hadiths for Muslims to force non-Muslims to fast during Ramadan. I know that in some Muslim majority countries that kind of arrogant and disgusting behaviour is perpetrated by some Muslims. I blame this though on their stupidity, not the Quran or Islam. Like I blame Anne Coulter's call for the US to invade Muslim countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity for her idiocy, not the Bible or the Christian faith.

Posting story after story of violent things some Muslims do is like posting story after story of children being abused by priests or of the financial crimes of people in the banking system who have Jewish last names. Not only Muslims commit violence in the name of their religion. Not only Catholic priests abuse kids. Not only Jewish bankers exploit others. People who stoop to such low levels are found in every religion, race, political system and culture. I would personally ignore such posts, but that's just me.

Anyways, sorry for the long and rambling post. I hope you stay around, and God willing in late August or September I will be posting here again regularly. Just wanted to say hi and welcome to CF. Looking forward to good discussions with you and others when I am able to post here more regularly again. :)

Allahma3k.

Upvote 0

BruceDLimber

Baha'i
Nov 14, 2005
Rockville, Maryland, USA
✟18,339.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
>The most beautiful month of the year (Ramadan).

Well, of course, by that measure Baha'is should call Ala ("Loftiness") the most beautiful month because that's when our Fast occurs (it's always March 2-20 because unlike the Muslim lunar calendar, we're on the solar calendar such that our months don't "rotate" through the year).

That's not a description we generally use, though.

Peace, :)

Bruce

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟16,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Man beaten in Karachi only because he was eating in Ramadan - YouTubeMan beaten in Karachi only because he was eating in Ramadan

Arab TV stations air anti-Semitic show over Ramadan | The Times of Israel
Arab TV stations air anti-Semitic show over RamadanAfter fast, viewers get to sit down and watch ‘Khaiber,’ a historic drama rife with negative Jewish stereotypes
July 15, 2013, 1:24 am http://www.timesofisrael.com/arab-tv-stations-air-anti-semitic-show-over-ramadan/#comments

http://cdn.timesofisrael.com/uploads/2013/07/Large_17431.jpgA promotional poster for 'Khaiber,' an anti-Semitic miniseries scheduled to be broadcast on Arab channels over the course of the Ramadan (screen capture: Dubai TV)

JTA — An anti-Semitic television series is being broadcast throughout the Arab world for the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
“Khaiber,” which is being shown on the satellite network Dubai TV, the Algerian 3 station and Dream TV, dramatizes the battle between Muslims and the Jews of the town of Khaiber in Arabia and depicts Jews as the enemy of Islam.
Traditional Islam believes the battle ended with the execution of thousands of Jews.
Episodes aired to date have revealed classic anti-Semitic motifs, including a Jewish conspiracy to undermine Arabs, as well as depicting Jews as cheap, greedy and immoral, according to the Anti-Defamation League.
“With Syria, Egypt and other countries in the Middle East going through historical upheavals, it is absurd and outrageous that the entertainment of the Ramadan season promotes the Muslim subjugation of caricatured Jews,” Abraham Foxman, ADL’s national director, said in a statement.
“The uprisings in the Arab and Muslim world have revealed a hunger among much of the Middle East for democracy, accountability and the development of effective civil and pluralistic society. ‘Khaiber’ and other productions of its ilk represent the old detrimental approach of promoting Muslim societal unity through focusing hatred on Jews and Israel.”
Other anti-Semitic miniseries have aired in the Arab world during previous Ramadans.

EGYPT - ISLAM After Morsi, Christians and churches targeted by Islamists - Asia News
07/15/2013 16:51
EGYPT - ISLAM
After Morsi, Christians and churches targeted by Islamists

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Episodes aired to date have revealed classic anti-Semitic motifs, including a Jewish conspiracy to undermine Arabs, as well as depicting Jews as cheap, greedy and immoral, according to the Anti-Defamation League.

And since you spread the same hatred towards Arabs and Islam how are you any better than them?

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟16,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And since you spread the same hatred towards Arabs and Islam how are you any better than them?

Where have I ever said I hate Muslims? I never have.

I feel sorry for them. They are in a violent cult that would kill them if they tried to leave it.

Upvote 0

Depthofinnocence

Jul 4, 2013
United States of America
✟15,170.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Man beaten in Karachi only because he was eating in Ramadan

Arab TV stations air anti-Semitic show over RamadanAfter fast, viewers get to sit down and watch ‘Khaiber,’ a historic drama rife with negative Jewish stereotypes

A promotional poster for 'Khaiber,' an anti-Semitic miniseries scheduled to be broadcast on Arab channels over the course of the Ramadan (screen capture: Dubai TV)

JTA — An anti-Semitic television series is being broadcast throughout the Arab world for the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
“Khaiber,” which is being shown on the satellite network Dubai TV, the Algerian 3 station and Dream TV, dramatizes the battle between Muslims and the Jews of the town of Khaiber in Arabia and depicts Jews as the enemy of Islam.
Traditional Islam believes the battle ended with the execution of thousands of Jews.
“With Syria, Egypt and other countries in the Middle East going through historical upheavals, it is absurd and outrageous that the entertainment of the Ramadan season promotes the Muslim subjugation of caricatured Jews,” Abraham Foxman, ADL’s national director, said in a statement.
“The uprisings in the Arab and Muslim world have revealed a hunger among much of the Middle East for democracy, accountability and the development of effective civil and pluralistic society. ‘Khaiber’ and other productions of its ilk represent the old detrimental approach of promoting Muslim societal unity through focusing hatred on Jews and Israel.”
Other anti-Semitic miniseries have aired in the Arab world during previous Ramadans.

EGYPT - ISLAM After Morsi, Christians and churches targeted by Islamists - Asia News[/url]
07/15/2013 16:51
EGYPT - ISLAM
After Morsi, Christians and churches targeted by Islamists

That is messed up , it disheartens me greatly to see what has become of Muslim ummah.

I wouldn't be surprised if Muslims get persecuted in retaliation to the violent behavior they have been unleashing more and more each year.

Upvote 0