Most beautiful month in the year(Ramadan).....

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That's your own personal definition of Muslim nation. I don't think the UN or anyone else would classify Indonesia, Turkey and Saudi Arabia, 88.6%, 98.6% and 100% Muslims, as a non-Muslim nation.

Couldn't anyone, in a Muslim sect, perceived themselves as the true Muslim nation and waging war against the non-believers? Aren't the Shia and Sunnis are killing each other to determine the true Muslims?

Saudi Arabia isn't actually 100% Muslim. The Wahhabi fascists in power in Saudi Arabia forbid citizenship to non-Muslims, but there's probably around a million or so Christians in Saudi Arabia, mostly from Africa and the Philippines, who are forced to practise their religion in secret. It's sad, but you never hear any criticism of the Saudis from the West, at least not in the same vain that maybe China or Israel are attacked. I suppose the fascism the Saudis practise is 'acceptable', because it's pretty rich in oil.

Nevertheless, Indonesia and Turkey are both Muslim majority nations. They're not Muslim countries as such, because neither abides by Sharia Law. They're both pretty progressive in terms of human rights, actually.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟402,394.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Saudi Arabia isn't actually 100% Muslim. The Wahhabi fascists in power in Saudi Arabia forbid citizenship to non-Muslims, but there's probably around a million or so Christians in Saudi Arabia, mostly from Africa and the Philippines, who are forced to practise their religion in secret.

Nevertheless, Indonesia and Turkey are both Muslim majority nations. They're not Muslim countries as such, because neither abides by Sharia Law.

I'm glad to have these specifics Supreme!

This will definitely come in handy as I attempt to come up with something that my Member of Parliament might just be able to use as he reaches out to Islamic nations?!?!

Proposal for the creation of a Quebec provincial currency unit to save coastal communities from threat of rising ocean levels. | Facebook

Montreal, Quebec would be a phenomenal place for dialogue to begin between Moslems, Christians, agnostics and Jews who are concerned about climate change and wish to help the people of Bangladesh and all coastal communities.

This message posted to an Islamic group February 27, 2012, (that has since been hidden or deleted), has the potential to utterly transform the relationship between the Islamic world and the western democratic nations!

.facebook.com/pages/scientific-miracles-of-islam/136917379667127

"scientific miracles of islam
Prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him) spoke very carefully about a scientific fact realized by scientists few years ago. He said ( God will not held day of resurrection unless Arab land returns greens and rivers again ) [Narrated by Muslim.]

scientifically, it was proved that one day the Arabian peninsula was full of greens and rivers as satellite photos confirm that there are buried rivers under the sand of Arab land , one of the great scientists of the American space agency (NASA) says that the taken photos for the desert had shown that one day this area was covered with rivers and lakes like Europe and one day in the future it will back again like the past."

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Islam Lies to Muslims - Facebook
Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I suggest for people of all faiths to try fasting at least a day or two during Ramadan. :)
Fortunately, i can fast at any time of the year by my own free will. I do this when I wish to come nearer to the Lord. At the same time that I fast, I give monetarily at least the amount I would have spent on myself that day on foodstuffs. That way, someone eats on the day I do not. I pray to the Lord and meditate. It's an incredibly fulfilling experience, spiritually and physically. I am not constrained by man-made traditions and time frames; that was not the intention of fasting as suggested by G-d 1500 years or more before the qur'an and submission were created.

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Islam Lies to Muslims - Facebook
Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well some fasts are commanded in the Torah at specific times.
Yes, jewish festivals are fine to fast for as instructed for the jews. As soon as the christian christ returns, I understand He will instruct all to continue observing the feasts, specifically YK and tabernacles.

Upvote 0

amorly

Jan 11, 2012
✟7,826.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
In the last 10 days of Ramadaan is the blessed night of Laylat al-Qadr (Night of Decree and Honour - sometimes incorrectly translated as 'Night of Power'), which every Muslim is encouraged to seek out because during this night the angels descend to earth with goodness, mercy and blessings. It is also well established that Laylat al-Qadr is an honoured night because it was the night on which the Qur'an was revealed.

"Verily, We have sent it (this Qur'an) down in the Night of Al Qadr. And what will make you know what the Night of Al Qadr is? The Night of Al Qadr is better than a thousand months (ie worshipping Allah in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months, ie 83 years and 4 months). Therein descend the angels and the Rooh [Jibreel (Gabriel)] by Allah's Permission with all Decrees, (All that night), there is peace (and goodness from Allah to His believing slaves) until the appearance of dawn "

(Qur'an - 97:1-5)

Waathilah ibn al-Asqa 'said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "The Scriptures of Ibraaheem (Abraham) were sent down on the first of the month of Ramadaan. The Tawraat (Torah) was sent down on the sixth of Ramadaan . The Injeel (Gospel) was sent down on the thirteenth of Ramadaan. The Zaboor (Pslams) was sent down on the eighteenth of Ramadaan, and the Qur'an was sent down on the twenty-fourth of Ramadaan. "

(Hadith - Ahmad and al-Tabaraani)

Abu Hurayrah said: "The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: 'There has come to you Ramadaan, a blessed month. Allah has made it obligatory on you to fast (this month). During it the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are locked, and the devils are chained up. In it there is a night that is better than a thousand months, and whoever is deprived of its goodness is deprived indeed. '"

(Hadith - al-Nisaa'i)

‫احمد ديدات كيف يتيقن المسلمون من المغفرة ودخولهم الجنه‬‎ - YouTube

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟16,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is it possible for us not to attack each other and our respective religions? Maybe even for a day or a weekend. There's so much negativity on this forum that one bottle it and selling it at an emo convention.

Islam is not just a religion but actually more of an ideology. An ideology that not only controls ever aspect of Muslim life but the lives of non-muslims.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟749,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Its more political than "religion".

Many American think they know what Islam is but don't even know the first pillar if Islam.

It really just makes them look ignorant

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟16,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One small example of Islam trying to control non-muslims:

Lebanese star reported for smoking in Ramadan | GulfNews.com

Lebanese star reported for smoking in Ramadan
Yara’s driver angered when singer refuses to stop smoking in public during the day, in violation of Ramadan rules

By Habib Toumi, Bureau chief
Published: 12:55 August 9, 2012

Manama: A Lebanese star has been asked by the Algerian police to show reverence to Ramadan and Muslims and refrain from smoking.

Famous singer Yara, a Christian, was being driven from Setif, east of the capital Algiers, to Constantine, also in the east, when she took out a cigarette.

Her driver, an Algerian who was fasting, asked her to put out the cigarette, but she refused and kept on smoking, local Arabic daily Al Chorouk reported.

Angered by her reaction, the Algerian drove the car to a police station in the city of Chelghoum Laïd and reported her to the police for failing to show due respect to Muslims.

The police reportedly told her that she was not allowed to smoke in public during Ramadan in Muslim Algeria, even though she was a Christian.

Adult Muslims are expected to observe Ramadan by abstaining from eating, drinking, smoking and indulging in sexual activities from sunrise until sunset. However, fasting is undesirable for those who are on a journey, the sick, pregnant women and nursing mothers.

The daily added that most of the Muslim performers at the festival hosted by Setif did not fast and claimed that they had the permission to eat and drink “as they were travelling”.

Islam would be a matter of complete indifference to every non-Muslim were it not for its political and supremacist aspects, particularly the elements of Sharia that deny basic rights to women and non-Muslims and eliminate the freedom of conscience and freedom of speech. ~ Anonymous

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟749,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
(Ephesians 6:12 ESV)

Islam is not to blame but mentally corrupt rulers.

Upvote 0

TG123

Jul 1, 2006
somewhere
✟14,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One small example of Islam trying to control non-muslims:

Lebanese star reported for smoking in Ramadan | GulfNews.com

Lebanese star reported for smoking in Ramadan
Yara’s driver angered when singer refuses to stop smoking in public during the day, in violation of Ramadan rules

By Habib Toumi, Bureau chief
Published: 12:55 August 9, 2012

Manama: A Lebanese star has been asked by the Algerian police to show reverence to Ramadan and Muslims and refrain from smoking.

Famous singer Yara, a Christian, was being driven from Setif, east of the capital Algiers, to Constantine, also in the east, when she took out a cigarette.

Her driver, an Algerian who was fasting, asked her to put out the cigarette, but she refused and kept on smoking, local Arabic daily Al Chorouk reported.

Angered by her reaction, the Algerian drove the car to a police station in the city of Chelghoum Laïd and reported her to the police for failing to show due respect to Muslims.

The police reportedly told her that she was not allowed to smoke in public during Ramadan in Muslim Algeria, even though she was a Christian.

Adult Muslims are expected to observe Ramadan by abstaining from eating, drinking, smoking and indulging in sexual activities from sunrise until sunset. However, fasting is undesirable for those who are on a journey, the sick, pregnant women and nursing mothers.

The daily added that most of the Muslim performers at the festival hosted by Setif did not fast and claimed that they had the permission to eat and drink “as they were travelling”.

Islam would be a matter of complete indifference to every non-Muslim were it not for its political and supremacist aspects, particularly the elements of Sharia that deny basic rights to women and non-Muslims and eliminate the freedom of conscience and freedom of speech. ~ Anonymous
This is pretty despicable of the driver and police, and I agree, Muslims have no right to force others to live by their religion.

There are Muslims who find forcing non-Muslims to fast a stupid and wrong idea.

This is an article written by a Muslim in an Arabic newsletter.

Should non-Muslims in the fasting Arab world be deprived of eating freely?

Published July 19th, 2012 - 10:21 GMT via SyndiGate.info

foreigner-eating-shawarma.jpg

Eating in public in Ramadan is taboo in some parts of the Muslim world
Enlarge Image

emnb_24_Blogs.gif

RELATED ARTICLES

I appeal to authorities to show compassion to our non-Muslim guests during Ramadan.
Every year thousands of non-Muslims have to skip a meal or find it difficult to eat, as all restaurants are closed during the day time.
Why can't the restaurants be allowed to serve food behind closed shutters. If this is not acceptable, at least allow them to deliver food to homes and offices, where people can eat in privacy.
As a fasting Muslim, I can't understand the logic in denying food to someone and forcing him or her to suffer just because I choose to fast. This is my choice, not forced by anyone.
Denying food to those who wish to eat smacks of intolerance, and it is about time this law was changed to show more compassion to others on our island.
I believe the UAE allows restaurants to deliver and some operate with shutters down. Surely Bahrain can follow the same? Live and let live Fasting Bahraini!

Share your thoughts and views on non-Muslims resident in Muslim countries during Ramadan: should they show respect and eat privately? Should access to food during fasting hours be made easier?
Should non-Muslims in the fasting Arab world be deprived of eating freely? | Al Bawaba

Also, I am sure forcing non-believers to fast during Ramadan is caused by Islam or by Muslims who add things to their religion that aren't there.

If you want to argue non-Muslims being made to fast is caused by Islam, please show me where Muhammad wrote that or said that, in either the Quran or hadith.

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟16,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
(Ephesians 6:12 ESV)

Islam is not to blame but mentally corrupt rulers.

This is not about controlling non-Christians, but protecting ourselves from their possibly negative influence:

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟16,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Also, I am sure forcing non-believers to fast during Ramadan is caused by Islam or by Muslims who add things to their religion that aren't there.

If you want to argue non-Muslims being made to fast is caused by Islam, please show me where Muhammad wrote that or said that, in either the Quran or hadith.

You are failing to understand the all encompassing aspect of Islam -making the non-muslims feel subdued.

009.029Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

You might also read about dhimmi in Islam.

I noticed on another thread you had not read the entire Quran. When you do please remember it is not in chronological order and there is a verse about substituting better verses that allows for the later more violent verses to be the better verses.

Upvote 0