Moses, Christ, and Paul

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After gathering my understanding from my other threads, now there’s this new question in my mind. I hope you will help me. Thanks. :)

If we are referring what God gave to the nation of Israel through Moses as Judaism (I mean following a lifestyle given in the Old Testament, excluding man made traditions and pagan culture).

and what God gave to them through Christ as Messianic Judaism,

then did God again give a different ‘ism’ to the grafted-in branches (spiritual Israel) through Paul? How different is it from what Christ gave?

P.S- I believe that the Judaism that accepts their Messiah is the true Judaism if Israelite's really understood their scriptures correctly. Judaism believes in Messiah, wants Him and waiting for Him. They are just unaware who He is.

Last edited:
Reactions: HARK!

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
My impression of Paul was that he was less bold than Jesus with mercy to sinners and confronting Pharisees, yet was more bold than any normal man. He was stern with sinners in the fellowship.

• Useful
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yahshua was commissioned only for the lost sheep of Israel.

Right. Thanks for sharing. I edited that in OP. Who are the lost sheep of Israel? Is it all of them or are there only some that are lost? Are there some sheep that were never lost and did not need Yahshua to save them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
After gathering my understanding from my other threads, now there’s this new question in my mind. I hope you will help me. Thanks. :)

If we are referring what God gave to the nation of Israel through Moses as Judaism

then did God again give a different ‘ism’ to the grafted-in branches (spiritual Israel) through Paul? How different is it from what Christ gave?
God never gave any judaism. Judaism is a man made religion.

God gave the Old Covenant (through Moses) and the New Covenant (through Jesus) only.

• Agree
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

If we are referring what God gave to the nation of Israel through Moses as Judaism

Messianic Judaism is an offshoot of Protestantism that did not exist until the 1960s.

What God gave the world through Christ is the New Covenant. Its adherents are Christians. Paul was a Christian apostle, meaning that he preached Christianity.

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Right. Thanks for sharing. I edited that in OP. Who are the lost sheep of Israel? Is it all of them or are there only some that are lost? Are there some sheep that were never lost and did not need Yahshua to save them?

Was Enoch lost, Abraham, Moses, David, the prophets? Maybe they were before they came to know YHWH. It's YHWH who saves us all; but I believe it is all who are saved through Yahshua, even Abraham; because all have sinned.

Just my humble opinion.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God never gave any judaism. Judaism is a man made religion.

God gave the Old Covenant (through Moses) and the New Covenant (through Jesus) only.

Thanks for sharing. Right. It is just as Christianity is a man made religion and God never gave it. I hope we don’t follow it but Christ alone.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Messianic Judaism is an offshoot of Protestantism that did not exist until the 1960s.

What God gave the world through Christ is the New Covenant. Its adherents are Christians. Paul was a Christian apostle, meaning that he preached Christianity.

Maybe the term technically it didn’t exist. But generally adopting certain lifestyle that God gave in the Old Testament through the perspective and in light of Christ is what it refers to. Like for example Paul kept following some lifestyle given in the Old Testament in light of better understanding through Christ. It is what people now call as ‘Messianic Judaism’. But it was already there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Maybe the term technically it didn’t exist. But generally adopting certain lifestyle that God gave in the Old Testament through the perspective and in light of Christ is what it refers to. Like for example Paul kept following some lifestyle given in the Old Testament in light of better understanding through Christ. It is what people now call as ‘Messianic Judaism’. But it was already there.

It would appear that this is how Paul labeled his faith:

(CLV) Ac 24:14
"Yet I am avowing this to you, that, according to the way which they are terming a sect, thus am I offering divine service to the hereditary God, believing all that is written, according to the law and in the prophets,

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was Enoch lost, Abraham, Moses, David, the prophets? Maybe they were before they came to know YHWH. It's YHWH who saves us all; but I believe it is all who are saved through Yahshua, even Abraham; because all have sinned.

Just my humble opinion.

Thanks for sharing. My opinion is that all those Israelites who realized they are lost are the ones that are ‘lost’ and seeking to be found. It is to them Yahshua was sent so they be found. Those Israelites who did not realize they are lost, are not seeking to be found as they were never lost in their minds to begin with, but they all are lost in real. For example some of the Pharisees assumed they were on the right path and were not lost in their minds to understand who Yahshua is. But the people who needed a savior found their Messiah.

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think there is such a thing as Messianic Judaism, but there are Messianic Jews.

Judaism denies Jesus is Messiah.

Messianic Jews at conversion are often excommunicated from family, lose jobs, the family may even hold a funeral for them.

They then have to figure out what aspects of their Jewish culture and religion can carry over into their new found faith.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think there is such a thing as Messianic Judaism, but there are Messianic Jews.

Messianic Jews at conversion are often excommunicated from family, lose jobs, the family may even hold a funeral for them.

They then have to figure out what aspects of their Jewish culture and religion can carry over into their new found faith.
They have a great heritage in the Old Testament Scriptures that speak of Christ. From the point of view of the church, it's not appropriate when a person regards what s/he is as a Jew is more significant than what s/he or others are in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

How does a Jew "convert" to a belief in the Jewish Messiah? "Christianity" is just a true continuation of Judaism...it is not a new religion (although maybe some "christian" denoms could be). RABBINIC Judaism denies Yeshua...

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thanks for sharing. I understand how it is currently followed but I'm not going by that worldly definition and all people look at it that way. In real, Judaism that accepts Messiah is the true Judaism if Israelites really understood their scriptures correctly. That was my thought process as I'm not thinking in accordance to this world standards but I understand what you said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that the Judaism that accepts their Messiah is the true Judaism if Israelite's really understood their scriptures correctly. Judaism believes in Messiah, wants Him and waiting for Him. They are just unaware who He is.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
what he is saying is that they are really technically 'messianic' not jews at all. They forsook judaism when they became christian as it says in Galatians 5:2

Paul also says this:

(CLV) Ro 2:25
For circumcision, indeed, is benefiting if you should be putting law into practice, yet if you should be a transgressor of law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.

Why did Paul circumcise Timothy?

Upvote 0