North Carolina
✟2,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
So Judaism rejects Jesus as the Messiah. Christians interpret various Old Testament verses to support Jesus as the messiah. Judaism from what I have read, believe in a human being to “usher” in a messianic age. Judaism has various denominations as Christianity does. If an individual is seen as ushering in an age of certain qualities then he is not necessarily a supernatural being but an individual who can communicate with the world in a way that unifies it as well as other actions. Does Christianity believe in a messianic age, the 1000 year reign? Or are those defined differently? That is in Revelation. If an individual is going to usher in a “messianic” age then he is not necessarily expected to live through the entirety of that era. Perhaps Just the introduction of it.
I grew up in a Christian home although my dad was an atheist. My mother and extended family took me to church.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A hundred years prior to Jesus there was what was also considered to be the Jewish Messiah as documented in the Dead Sea Scrolls. As a matter of fact Judaism believes in two messiahs, one an earthly king, the other a priestly saviour.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SergiusPaulus

Dec 30, 2023
North Carolina
✟2,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I was thinking that a future individual accepted or considered to be the Jewish messiah is considered the antichrist by Christian’s? What is the Christian description of the coming antichrist? Is it one who pursues implementation of a world peace plan among other things?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Judaism rejects Jesus as the Messiah. Christians interpret various Old Testament verses to support Jesus as the messiah. Judaism from what I have read, believe in a human being to “usher” in a messianic age. Judaism has various denominations as Christianity does. If an individual is seen as ushering in an age of certain qualities then he is not necessarily a supernatural being but an individual who can communicate with the world in a way that unifies it as well as other actions. Does Christianity believe in a messianic age, the 1000 year reign? Or are those defined differently? That is in Revelation. If an individual is going to usher in a “messianic” age then he is not necessarily expected to live through the entirety of that era. Perhaps Just the introduction of it.
I grew up in a Christian home although my dad was an atheist. My mother and extended family took me to church.
We are currently and have been in over 2000 years in the Messianic age. All who love Him will enter His Kingdom not of this world. This is why He desires that we , His flock, spread His "Good News" to all the world. This would not be possible if we were not in the " Messianic Age"!
Blessings.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If an individual is going to usher in a “messianic” age then he is not necessarily expected to live through the entirety of that era. Perhaps Just the introduction of it.
Jesus will bring His bride-church to His thousand-year millennial reign. And His church will rule with Him for the full thousand years, according to what I see in the Book of Revelation.

So, He won't just usher it in.

And He won't be just some human who has been living on the earth. But Jesus will come from Heaven to receive His church in the resurrection of His people. Then He with His bride resurrected will rule for the thousand years.

So, Jesus is not going to be some guy on this earth, who brings in the millennial kingdom; but Jesus is God's own Son living now on Heaven's throne, already ruling as the Lord of all. And He is risen from the dead, in resurrectional almighty power and glory.

Jesus is already Messiah and Ruler and Lord of all, but during the millennial rule, He will have His church ruling with Him over all.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They did not accept a Messiah as the Lamb of God. We presume that when He comes as the Lion of Judah they will accept Him.
Not without a fight.
Not one human institution wants to turn its power and authority over to another, even a God they have claimed they are the chosen of (often for political advantage) and especially after setting itself up as a godly kingdom in earth. That didn't go over well with God 2000 years ago either.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
is the Ark of the Covenant expected to reappear during that time or last days if at all?
Yes for the seven years during the tribulation period the Temple will be rebuilt and the sacrifices resumed. Although they can set up a tent tabernacle on the temple mount and have all of that up and running in a 24 hour day. There are reports they have the utensils, animals and priests trained and ready to go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

jacorian

Dec 27, 2022
New England
✟15,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The mystery lies in St. Pauls Lett to the Romans Ch. 9. The genius of Paul. Paul states that all Israel will be saved. The Jews, the Chosen People, are the tool of God. Chosen means burden. Hence it does not imply utopia but arduous work & challenges. The Jews are deliberately blinded by God's plan not to recognize Jesus the Messiah. Reason. If God had focused solely on the Jews, the much larger population of Gentiles would be left out of the equation, hence God employs the Jews in this fashion to bring about a greater baptism. Today we observe that Jewish people are rather liberal & support all sorts of causes for humanity. Their theme is to feel for the underdog. So in effect they are going around doing God's work in a different way & they are not even in conscious about it. I saw in my late college roommate.

Upvote 0