Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe that the Judaism that accepts their Messiah is the true Judaism if Israelite's really understood their scriptures correctly. Judaism believes in Messiah, wants Him and waiting for Him. They are just unaware who He is.
What do you make of Acts 4.12?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I believe that the Judaism that accepts their Messiah is the true Judaism if Israelite's really understood their scriptures correctly. Judaism believes in Messiah, wants Him and waiting for Him. They are just unaware who He is.

Judaism has become more corrupted today; than it was in the time of Yahshua. If those who lived in Israel at that time, had it right; Messiah would need not have come when he did. Yahshua followed the instructions given to Moses by YHWH, not Judaism of his day.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

YesheYahu (Isa) 43:
11 I, even I, am YHWH; and beside Me there is no savior

Yahshua brings glory to YHWH. We are called to follow Yahshua's example.

John 17:1-9
17:1 After Yahshua said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: “Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Yahshua Messiah, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began. 6 “I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.

Yahshua came in his our heavenly Father's name.

(CLV) Jn 5:43
I have come in the name of My Father, and you are not getting Me. If another should be coming in his own name, him you will get.

Yahshua's name was given by YHWH. Yahshua's name has meaning.

Matt 1:20-21
20 But after he had considered this, an angel of Yahweh appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Yahshua, because he will save his people from their sins.

Hebrew names are sentence names. The names have meaning.
Yah is the hyphenated form of YHWH. Shua, in hebrew, means save.
Yah-shua means that YHWH saves

Acts 4:12
12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

Yah shua.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
actually we are to forsake the circumcision. Jews are to follow all moses law, including sacrificing goats and sheep. Some believe in the new temple that Jews will start their sacrifice again, hence the implications of the importance of the red heifer to prophecy. I personally don't know. I don't know at what point they must forsake jewish sacrifice, it appears when Jesus sits on the throne of david Jews who will already be messianic, will initiate animal sacrifice in Jerusalem while Christ sits on the throne of david. I don't have it fully grasped. I think it will happen but it will be more symbolic not to atone, as Jesus will be the atonement. But I don't think as you mentioned earlier that Christianity is a made up religion. It will literally be the civil law of the millenial reign. Jews will do their sacrifice, but christians will also rule and reign from the new jerusalem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does a Jew "convert" to a belief in the Jewish Messiah? "Christianity" is just a true continuation of Judaism...it is not a new religion (although maybe some "christian" denoms could be). RABBINIC Judaism denies Yeshua...

Having worked in a Marxist Kibbutz in Israel accepting Jesus, for them, is definitely a 'conversion'

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Judaism has become more corrupted today; than it was in the time of Yahshua. If those who lived in Israel at that time, had it right; Messiah would need not have come when he did. Yahshua followed the instructions given to Moses by YHWH, not Judaism of his day.

Let's suppose they had it correct. When would you say Messiah would come? because at some point He should come to be that sacrificial lamb of God for all sins since Adam, because according to the book of Genesis - God said His seed will come.

I think God would still send Messiah at His appointed time to fulfill the scriptures irrespective of whether people had their religion right or wrong, corrupted or uncorrupted, all sinned and needed salvation. So i think God sending His Son at that time is more about Him rather than people having it right/wrong.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
actually we are to forsake the circumcision. Jews are to follow all moses law, including sacrificing goats and sheep. Some believe in the new temple that Jews will start their sacrifice again, hence the implications of the importance of the red heifer to prophecy. I personally don't know. I don't know at what point they must forsake jewish sacrifice, it appears when Jesus sits on the throne of david Jews who will already be messianic, will initiate animal sacrifice in Jerusalem while Christ sits on the throne of david. But I don't think as you mentioned earlier that Christianity is a made up religion. It will literally be the civil law of the millenial reign. Jews will do their sacrifice, but christians will also rule and reign from the new jerusalem.

Really - you believe that messianic Jews will sacrifice animals when they know Jesus is the sacrifical lamb who was slain?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Having worked in a Marxist Kibbutz in Israel accepting Jesus, for them, is definitely a 'conversion'

Nice! Which kibbutz? Because they are still rabbinic Jews and will look at it that way but in reality it isn't. :)

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Really - you believe that messianic Jews will sacrifice animals when they know Jesus is the sacrifical lamb who was slain?

There can be no sacrifices anyway...there is no Temple

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Let's suppose they had it correct. When would you say Messiah would come? because at some point He should come to be that sacrificial lamb of God for all sins, because according to the book of Genesis - God said His seed will come.

I think God would still send Messiah at His appointed time to fulfill the scriptures irrespective of whether people had their religion right or wrong, corrupted or uncorrupted.

How long was Adam in the Garden with the serpent? Does it really matter how long? It might be useful in debating Atheists over the creation story; but aside from that?

Adam was faced with eternal temptation, until his weakness led to his inevitable demise.

The same for those of Israel. David (heart after YHWH) couldn't built the Temple because of his transgressions; and Solomon filled it with idolatry from its' construction. It went downhill from there.

All knowing YHWH can see the consequences of our transgressions. I believe the Prophets could see the time clearly.

Yet it is written:

(CLV) 2Ch 7:14
when My people upon whom My Name has been called, are submissive and pray and seek My face and turn back from their evil ways, then I shall hear from the heavens, I shall pardon their sin, and I shall heal their land.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let's suppose they had it correct. When would you say Messiah would come? because at some point He should come to be that sacrificial lamb of God for all sins since Adam, because according to the book of Genesis - God said His seed will come.

I think God would still send Messiah at His appointed time to fulfill the scriptures irrespective of whether people had their religion right or wrong, corrupted or uncorrupted, all sinned and needed salvation. So i think God sending His Son at that time is more about Him rather than people having it right/wrong.
Jesus is the Messiah. Jesus was crucified, buried and rose on the third day. During the day of Pentecost the Holy Spirit was given to Jewish believers.

In Acts 10 Peter was sent to Cornelius a centurion of the Italian regiment stationed in Caesarea. Peter preached to his entire household. They believed and were filled with the Holy Spirit. During this time God was gathering select Gentiles to be his people.

Moses was not good enough. Sacrificing animals will not make you better than the Gentiles.

Deuteronomy 18:15
Yahweh your God will raise up to you a prophet from the midst of you, of your brothers, like me. You shall listen to him.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Salvation is not in Judaism or Christianity or any other. It is in Christ, the Messiah.

I consider true Judaism and true Christianity to be same, however, salvation is not in the religion itself. We might just be using various terms and they do not make any difference for anyone in Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
End-times is not my strong point...

I try to stay within the understanding I have been given and leave such matters to others.

I have been involved for a short time in a ministry to Jewish believers in Israel.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After gathering my understanding from my other threads, now there’s this new question in my mind. I hope you will help me. Thanks. :)

If we are referring what God gave to the nation of Israel through Moses as Judaism (I mean following a lifestyle given in the Old Testament, excluding man made traditions and pagan culture).

and what God gave to them through Christ as Messianic Judaism,

then did God again give a different ‘ism’ to the grafted-in branches (spiritual Israel) through Paul? How different is it from what Christ gave?

P.S- I believe that the Judaism that accepts their Messiah is the true Judaism if Israelite's really understood their scriptures correctly. Judaism believes in Messiah, wants Him and waiting for Him. They are just unaware who He is.
Israel was mostly wicked unbelievers in the OT. Under threat of death to obey the Law. Jesus removed these in the New Covenant leaving only the few born again believers from among them. To these, he added believing gentiles fulfilling the promise to Abraham that all nations would be blessed in him. Jesus abolished the Old Covenant (the ten commandments) replacing it with the New Covenant. We have the Law of love written in our hearts and do by nature all the old law required and more.

• Agree
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Salvation is not in Judaism or Christianity or any other. It is in Christ, the Messiah.

I consider true Judaism and true Christianity to be same, however, salvation is not in the religion itself. We might just be using various terms and they do not make any difference for anyone in Christ.
I think you have an error some view of christianity. It's all about the messiah.

Upvote 0