Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
From Catholic Apologist Art Sippo:

. . .

So while we wish to be respectful of people from the Protestant religions, we cannot condone their religions since they are in both doctrinal and ecclesiastical error. Frankly, those professing any non-Catholic religion are endangering their souls. No amount of personal piety or private biblical interpretation can excuse this.

Make no mistake about it. Antipathy to the Catholic Church is a sign of non-Election. Hatred of the Body of Christ is hatred of Christ himself (Matt 25:31ff). Ignoring the ordained ministers of Christ is ignoring Christ and thereby ignoring God as well (John 13:20).

When Protestants come to argue their petty little theories by which they seek to make void the word of God and follow the teachings of mere men, they are not on a level playing field with the Catholic Magisterium. Protestants can only give their own private opinions. The Catholic Magisterium speaks under the superintendence of the Holy Spirit (Matt 10:20).

In summary, the 16th Century Protestants apostatized and left the Catholic Church and have invented thousands of separate cults which not only contradict the Catholic Church but each other on serious points of doctrine. The Catholic Church has not changed any of her teachings since before there were Protestants. Consequently it is the Protestants who must now admit that we who have remained in the Catholic Church are true Christians and that we are entitled to our own interpretation of Scripture.

Conversely, it is not possible for Catholics to recognize any Protestant group as being on par with the Catholic Church. There will always be something deficient in them. Whatever partial goods they may have, the total package of true Christianity only subsists in Catholicism.

==============================

Link --> http://art-of-attack.blogspot.com/2007/05/one-true-catholic-and-apostolic-church.html

Thoughts?

I believe that Mr. Sippo's views are entirely in line with the Magisterium.

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So then the Catholics believe they run the monopoly on God? No wonder they have erred for they know not scripture. Claim to be directed by the Holy Spirit but Yet speak division with thier tongue. Love in word but not in deed. Calling all those who do not line up with thier teaching heretics. Sounds like I have read this somewhere in scripture.

Upvote 0
T

TheDivaAngel

. . .

So while we wish to be respectful of people from the Protestant religions, we cannot condone their religions since they are in both doctrinal and ecclesiastical error. Frankly, those professing any non-Catholic religion are endangering their souls. No amount of personal piety or private biblical interpretation can excuse this.

Make no mistake about it. Antipathy to the Catholic Church is a sign of non-Election. Hatred of the Body of Christ is hatred of Christ himself (Matt 25:31ff). Ignoring the ordained ministers of Christ is ignoring Christ and thereby ignoring God as well (John 13:20).

When Protestants come to argue their petty little theories by which they seek to make void the word of God and follow the teachings of mere men, they are not on a level playing field with the Catholic Magisterium. Protestants can only give their own private opinions. The Catholic Magisterium speaks under the superintendence of the Holy Spirit (Matt 10:20).

In summary, the 16th Century Protestants apostatized and left the Catholic Church and have invented thousands of separate cults which not only contradict the Catholic Church but each other on serious points of doctrine. The Catholic Church has not changed any of her teachings since before there were Protestants. Consequently it is the Protestants who must now admit that we who have remained in the Catholic Church are true Christians and that we are entitled to our own interpretation of Scripture.

Conversely, it is not possible for Catholics to recognize any Protestant group as being on par with the Catholic Church. There will always be something deficient in them. Whatever partial goods they may have, the total package of true Christianity only subsists in Catholicism.

Link --> http://art-of-attack.blogspot.com/2007/05/one-true-catholic-and-apostolic-church.html

Thoughts?

are you agreeing or disagreeing with this?? I find it highly offensive.

Upvote 0

ksen

Wiki on Garth!
Mar 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟20,679.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
are you agreeing or disagreeing with this?? I find it highly offensive.

I agree that everything Art Sippo said is in accordance with the Catholic Magisterium.

I am a Protestant so of course I disagree with Sippo and the Magisterium.

Upvote 0

kimber1

mean people suck
Feb 25, 2003
Va.
Visit site
✟38,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

. . .

Thoughts?

did you miss the fact that he's an apologist and not part of the Holy See and thus he's an infallible man?

ask me, i'm a Catholic, if i believe what he arogantly wrote there.

Upvote 0

ksen

Wiki on Garth!
Mar 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟20,679.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
To the OP ksen:

Why do you believe that Frank Sippo's blog represents the beliefs of the Catholic Magisterium?

Why do you believe it doesn't?

If he has said something not condoned or taught by the Magisterium it should be pretty easy to point it out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ksen

Wiki on Garth!
Mar 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟20,679.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
did you miss the fact that he's an apologist and not part of the Holy See and thus he's an infallible man?

ask me, i'm a Catholic, if i believe what he arogantly wrote there.

Hi Kimber1. :wave:

I know you don't believe what he wrote here.

My point is that his views here are perfectly in line with the teaching of the Magisterium.

Upvote 0

kimber1

mean people suck
Feb 25, 2003
Va.
Visit site
✟38,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi Kimber1. :wave:

I know you don't believe what he wrote here.
thank you:)i know you don't :hug:
My point is that his views here are perfectly in line with the teaching of the Magisterium.
i don't think they are.:)

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
prediction- this thread will be deleted.

Why do you think that? The one from Feburary that is the almost the exact same topic was never deleted (link).

I made my observations in that thread. Though I disagree with ksen on his observations in this issue (as I stated in the older thread, and we have debated this before), I am sure we can discuss things civily as brothers and sisters in Christ.

Art Shippo does some good apologetics at times and at others he has an edge. This edge can obscure the true intention of the Catholic view of Ecumensim. And, as shown in the other thread, there can be a helathy deabte on the issue.

We need to know where each other is coming from to have productive dialogue. And I trust, throught the Holy Spirit, we can have it in a respectful manner. That is, I hope, why we are all here at CF.

Catholics come at ecumenism from a Catholic view. Others from their own view. I think, personally, a more productive way to go about it is to see how each of us (and our denominations in general) view ecumenism in action.

Knowing the views of the Catholic magisterium, I do not find them incompatible with CF or the views of others. Are all of our views tricky to get to work together. Of course. If not, unity would be easy.

Reactions: GraceInHim
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JeffreyLloyd

Ave Maria, Gratia plena!
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟75,991.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is from the Catechism of the Catholic Church (ie OFFICIAL)

836 "All men are called to this catholic unity of the People of God.... And to it, in different ways, belong or are ordered: the Catholic faithful, others who believe in Christ, and finally all mankind, called by God's grace to salvation."

837 "Fully incorporated into the society of the Church are those who, possessing the Spirit of Christ, accept all the means of salvation given to the Church together with her entire organization, and who - by the bonds constituted by the profession of faith, the sacraments, ecclesiastical government, and communion - are joined in the visible structure of the Church of Christ, who rules her through the Supreme Pontiff and the bishops. Even though incorporated into the Church, one who does not however persevere in charity is not saved. He remains indeed in the bosom of the Church, but 'in body' not 'in heart.'"

838 "The Church knows that she is joined in many ways to the baptized who are honored by the name of Christian, but do not profess the Catholic faith in its entirety or have not preserved unity or communion under the successor of Peter." Those "who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church." With the Orthodox Churches, this communion is so profound "that it lacks little to attain the fullness that would permit a common celebration of the Lord's Eucharist."

Upvote 0

JeffreyLloyd

Ave Maria, Gratia plena!
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟75,991.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why don't we ever analyze "Protestant Ecumenism" much of which consists of "Catholic's need to leave their harlot of a church and accept Christ."

- That's from a PM I got from a Baptist pastor upset that a Catholic was on a team called "Ecumenical."

Upvote 0

kimber1

mean people suck
Feb 25, 2003
Va.
Visit site
✟38,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Why don't we ever analyze "Protestant Ecumenism" much of which consists of "Catholic's need to leave their harlot of a church and accept Christ."

- That's from a PM I got from a Baptist pastor upset that a Catholic was on a team called "Ecumenical."
:eek:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.