More Anti-Semitic vandalism, more bomb threats last week and today!

*Cher

Come home minie-cat!
Feb 8, 2017
Dallas
✟18,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't looked at those cases so I have no option on them.
You should. He let out really high up the ladder terrorist who have the skills to plot huge attacks. He did this the week he stubbed Israel. WHY, if he doesn't hate them, us?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You should. He let out really high up the ladder terrorist who have the skills to plot huge attacks.

Given the dubious nature of your other posts claims I'm less than convinced.

He did this the week he stubbed Israel. WHY, if he doesn't hate them, us?

Because one of his stated goals was to do away with the legal limbo we built there.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,643.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
His actions. That is my proof. His actions and now he won't go away.

You realize that for something to be actual proof, it has to be something that demonstrably leads to the conclusion, right? Not just "it's proof to me".

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,665.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I used teenager instead of kids, as they don't sound like children, but don't sound like full grown adults, and did not want someone to nitpick "that's a teenager" instead of a kid.

So nothing definitive you could point to, just a sense you got about their age?

As for not being hatred, did you never go to school with delinquents in your class? Google "teen fake bomb threat" and see how common it is. They'll often do it to schools, but they'll also target places like fast food restaurants, hospitals, and universities.

Will they target multiple locations across 12 different states?

My point here is not to dismiss actual threats to a community. My point is that, from a practical stand point, giving too much attention to obvious hoaxes, and you'll only encourage more of them. In return, it makes it more difficult to weed out actual threats from this stupidity.

Perhaps it is just me but I think were I Jewish I would take notice when there was vandalism and threats made in large numbers against specific targets. It would strike me as an attempt to intimidate a group of people who have historically had violence used against them. I don't think I would dismiss it as mere stupidity. Especially since historically violence against this group has started in just such a fashion. Attempted intimidation is the first step and then things escalate from there.

As for "scare quotes" I "also" "used" "quote" "marks" "around" "just pranks" and "pranks" "as" "well." As I stated at the end, when dealing with hate crimes, we need to only use it when dealing with actual hate crimes, and not some idiotic hoodlums. That's how you make words meaningless, much like racist and sexist have been almost completely stripped of meaning in modern discussion.

Funny, I still manage to get meaning out of the words racist and sexist. I also think that an coordinated attempt to intimidate a group that has historically been marginalized and accosted is a hate crime. Much the same way a bunch of burning crosses left in front of black churches would be a hate crime.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
So nothing definitive you could point to, just a sense you got about their age?

Yes.

Will they target multiple locations across 12 different states?

You're assuming there's some sort of coordinated effort, and not a lot of unaffiliated idiots seeing something getting news and doing it for the "lolz".

Perhaps it is just me but I think were I Jewish I would take notice when there was vandalism and threats made in large numbers against specific targets. It would strike me as an attempt to intimidate a group of people who have historically had violence used against them. I don't think I would dismiss it as mere stupidity. Especially since historically violence against this group has started in just such a fashion. Attempted intimidation is the first step and then things escalate from there.

There's an option between ignoring a problem entirely, and freaking out and declaring that the 4th Reich is ginning up. Having a measured, reasonable response, catching those involved, and deciding what is going on from the evidence is a perfectly fine option, imo.

Funny, I still manage to get meaning out of the words racist and sexist. I also think that an coordinated attempt to intimidate a group that has historically been marginalized and accosted is a hate crime. Much the same way a bunch of burning crosses left in front of black churches would be a hate crime.

First, you have to prove it is coordinated.

Secondly, IIRC, you're the middle of Gen X. Those of us who are younger have heard everything is racist, sexist, etc. so many times most kind of shrug it off. And when I say everything, I mean that quite literally.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,665.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

OK.

You're assuming there's some sort of coordinated effort, and not a lot of unaffiliated idiots seeing something getting news and doing it for the "lolz".

You are correct. I am assuming some sort of coordinated effort. With multiple targets getting threats in rapid succession over a three day period that does not seem much of a stretch.

There's an option between ignoring a problem entirely, and freaking out and declaring that the 4th Reich is ginning up. Having a measured, reasonable response, catching those involved, and deciding what is going on from the evidence is a perfectly fine option, imo.

I agree. I also agree that this is troubling and we should take it seriously, not dismiss it as the work of juvenile troublemakers.

First, you have to prove it is coordinated.

I will leave that to the professionals.

Secondly, IIRC, you're the middle of Gen X. Those of us who are younger have heard everything is racist, sexist, etc. so many times most kind of shrug it off. And when I say everything, I mean that quite literally.

Huh. Well I'm old enough to not to try to dismiss inter-generational perceptions. As was shown to me in another thread my perceptions are not up to date so I will concede the point that the phrases are being over used these days.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You should. He let out really high up the ladder terrorist who have the skills to plot huge attacks. He did this the week he stubbed Israel. WHY, if he doesn't hate them, us?
Can you provide a list of the names of these terrorists?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And Mr. Obama doesn't like police officers either. And Military. He likes Gitmo bay terrorist. He let them all free last week of Presidency.

As long as you're just making stuff up it's always good finish bigly.

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He let go of some serious high up terrorist who worked on 911. Why would he do that. I don't care who's left. He let those go. Why do you think because he left some is an argument? He let some high up terrorist go. That's what we are looking at when we say he hates us, loves them.
Name them.

• Winner
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
okay. My mistake. He free some of them. Some of the really bad ones who have significant skills to plot attacks. Tell me, why would this man do that? Tell me what a logical sane person can concluded to behavior like that? He hates us, is on their side.
Name them.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.