More Anti-Semitic vandalism, more bomb threats last week and today!

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hundreds of headstones vandalized at Jewish cemetery in Philly

Anti-Semitic creeps vandalized another Jewish cemetery Saturday night, toppling over close to 100 headstones and damaging around 500 markers.

This morning (Monday) a Jewish Community Center in Delaware received a bomb threat. The third one there since January. Additional bomb threats were made around the country last week. The ramp up to full blown anti-Semitism in our country continues. A precursor to "Kristallnacht in America"?

In the meantime Trump continues ranting about the press and other imagined enemies.

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is the Jewish Defense League still active these days?
Don't know, but aren't they sort of the extremists of Jewish groups?

In checking into your question and looking at the Jewish Anti-Defamation League site, I see there have been reports of vandalism in Florida over the weekend, with swastikas being keyed or painted on cars. A lot is going on, much of it of a local nature that doesn't make the national news. But it is apparently building...but building to what?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Don't know, but aren't they sort of the extremists of Jewish groups?
That's a fair assessment but they would not be misplaced in this situation.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Didn't even CNN admit that all of these threats have been hoaxes so far? Is it stupid and wrong? Yeah, but that's never stopped the likes of Anonymous before.
Its worth pointing out that even fake bomb threats can end in felony charges.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hundreds of headstones vandalized at Jewish cemetery in Philly

Anti-Semitic creeps vandalized another Jewish cemetery Saturday night, toppling over close to 100 headstones and damaging around 500 markers.

This morning (Monday) a Jewish Community Center in Delaware received a bomb threat. The third one there since January. Additional bomb threats were made around the country last week. The ramp up to full blown anti-Semitism in our country continues. A precursor to "Kristallnacht in America"?

In the meantime Trump continues ranting about the press and other imagined enemies.
The press being an enemy is not imagined.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh, I know. I'm just saying that I doubt this has as much to do with hate as people just being idiots.
In this case at least their idiocy will be appropriately painful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Find out who does it, arrest them, set bond at $25,000.00, and if they use a public defender, scope one or more out that supports and affirms "do unto others........."

...or we could just prosecute them to the full extent of the law and avoid the whole kangaroo court bit?

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟318,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
.... A precursor to "Kristallnacht in America"?

I hope not. One of the sad features of Kristalnacht is that there were officers not just willing but eager to stop it but they waited expecting orders that never came.

I know there are some LAPD officers out there who might be unwilling to wait for such orders.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm sure Ivanka is concerned. Being a Jew and all.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you mean "ours" as in Catholics or is that your actual church? Just curious since this is pretty close to home for me.

Yeah, I live by Angel Stadium, but no I meant Catholics.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, I live by Angel Stadium, but no I meant Catholics.
Ah, gotcha. I live in the SGV area, not far from West Covina and hadn't heard of this yet.

Hopefully they find whoever did this and throw the book at them. Vandalizing any place of worship just seems so much lower than random acts of destruction of property. I always want to assume "stupid teenagers being edgy" but there seems to a much more deliberate intention behind vandalizing a church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah, gotcha. I live in the SGV area, not far from West Covina and hadn't heard of this yet.

Hopefully they find whoever did this and throw the book at them. Vandalizing any place of worship just seems so much lower than random acts of destruction of property. I always want to assume "stupid teenagers being edgy" but there seems to a much more deliberate intention behind vandalizing a church.
I had thought about including some of the incidents at Christian churches, as well as other religions, but didn't want to take away from the focus on anti-Semitism. But we are seeing vandalism at places of worship, some have been bombed or burned...all religion seems to be a target right now, especially congregations and parishes that assist refugees, serve Hispanics and other minorities, and are inclusive.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...I'm just saying that I doubt this has as much to do with hate as people just being idiots.
No, I think it is clearly looking like hate. Unless there has been a big spike in idiocy lately?

The AP is reporting that there were bomb threats today at 13 Jewish Community Centers and 8 schools. In 12 states. TODAY. The fifth time that there has been a "wave" of coordinated threats. A JCC association official says their communities want to see "concerted action from federal officials to identify and capture the perpetrator or perpetrators who are trying to instill anxiety and fear in our communities."

These are not pranks. The cemetery vandalism is not a prank. The painting of swastikas on buildings and vehicles are unlikely to be "just pranks". The people doing this may indeed be idiots, but they are hate-filled and potentially dangerous idiots.

Upvote 0