California
✟163,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Notice how the edges are duller than the center which has a brighter area?

OH... huh... it's not. If fact the entire surface is the same brightness.

How is that possible?

Not sure. I believe it all gives light but varies. Have you seen those multi-led tail lights (used in school buses)? Some of the bulbs can be out but they still work.

I found some here...link. Notice the darker areas, yet you don't notice them when it's shining.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟163,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They say the moon reflects 12% light at a full moon.

Light From the Moon - Universe Today ..."the Moon reflects 12% of the sunlight that falls onto it".

How Does the Moon Shine? - Night Sky Pix ..."At -26.7, the Sun is 14 magnitudes more luminous than the Moon at -12.7".

Why Does the Moon Shine? | Live Science ..."the moon reflects only between 3 and 12 percent of the sunlight that hits it".

1 Enoch says it receives 1/7 or 14.3% part of the sunlight at full moon (In the context of 1 Enoch, the sun and the moon are the same size). That's only 2.3% difference. Could 1 Enoch be right?

The Sun and the Moon and the Waxing and Waning of the Moon

78:3/ These are the two great luminaries. Their roundness is like the roundness of the sky, and the size of the two of them is the same. 4/ In the disc of the sun there are seven parts of light added to it beyond what the moon has; a specific amount is placed (in the moon) until the seventh part of the sun passes over. 5/ They set and enter the gates of the west and go around the north and emerge through the gates of the east on the firmament. 6/ When the moon rises, it is visible in the sky (with) one-half of a seventh part of all its light; on the fourteenth it completes its light. 7/ Fifteen parts of light are placed in it until its light is completed in fifteen (days) for the sign of the year. It is in fifteen parts, while the moon grows by (units of) one-half of a seventh part. 8/ When it is waning, on the first day it decreases to fourteen parts of its light, and on the next day it decreases to thirteen parts of light. On the third it decreases to twelve, on the fourth to eleven parts, on the fifth it decreases to ten parts, on the sixth it decreases to nine parts, on the seventh it decreases to eight parts, on the eighth it decreases to seven, on the ninth it decreases to six, on the tenth it decreases to five, on the eleventh it decreases to four, on the twelfth it decreases to three, on the thirteenth it decreases to two, on the fourteenth it decreases to one-half of a seventh part of all its light, and on the fifteenth day the entire remainder is exhausted. 9/ During certain months the moon has 29 days and sometimes 28. 10/ Uriel showed me another law: (regarding) when the light is placed in the moon and from where it is placed (in the moon) from the sun.11/ The entire time the moon progresses it adds its light when facing the sun until in fourteen days its light is complete.

Nickelsburg, George W.E.; VanderKam, James C.. 1 Enoch (pp. 107-108). Fortress Press.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
They say the moon reflects 12% light at a full moon.

Light From the Moon - Universe Today ..."the Moon reflects 12% of the sunlight that falls onto it".

How Does the Moon Shine? - Night Sky Pix ..."At -26.7, the Sun is 14 magnitudes more luminous than the Moon at -12.7".

Why Does the Moon Shine? | Live Science ..."the moon reflects only between 3 and 12 percent of the sunlight that hits it".

1 Enoch says it receives 1/7 or 14.3% part of the sunlight at full moon (In the context of 1 Enoch, the sun and the moon are the same size). That's only 2.3% difference. Could 1 Enoch be right?

The Sun and the Moon and the Waxing and Waning of the Moon

78:3/ These are the two great luminaries. Their roundness is like the roundness of the sky, and the size of the two of them is the same. 4/ In the disc of the sun there are seven parts of light added to it beyond what the moon has; a specific amount is placed (in the moon) until the seventh part of the sun passes over. 5/ They set and enter the gates of the west and go around the north and emerge through the gates of the east on the firmament. 6/ When the moon rises, it is visible in the sky (with) one-half of a seventh part of all its light; on the fourteenth it completes its light. 7/ Fifteen parts of light are placed in it until its light is completed in fifteen (days) for the sign of the year. It is in fifteen parts, while the moon grows by (units of) one-half of a seventh part. 8/ When it is waning, on the first day it decreases to fourteen parts of its light, and on the next day it decreases to thirteen parts of light. On the third it decreases to twelve, on the fourth to eleven parts, on the fifth it decreases to ten parts, on the sixth it decreases to nine parts, on the seventh it decreases to eight parts, on the eighth it decreases to seven, on the ninth it decreases to six, on the tenth it decreases to five, on the eleventh it decreases to four, on the twelfth it decreases to three, on the thirteenth it decreases to two, on the fourteenth it decreases to one-half of a seventh part of all its light, and on the fifteenth day the entire remainder is exhausted. 9/ During certain months the moon has 29 days and sometimes 28. 10/ Uriel showed me another law: (regarding) when the light is placed in the moon and from where it is placed (in the moon) from the sun.11/ The entire time the moon progresses it adds its light when facing the sun until in fourteen days its light is complete.

Nickelsburg, George W.E.; VanderKam, James C.. 1 Enoch (pp. 107-108). Fortress Press.

When Enoch goes against The Bible, i go with The Bible. Which states the moon is a created light.

Now i personally believe that both the sun and moon are convex shaped disc that face down toward the earth. To as The Bible states give light on the earth.

• Informative
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Paul4JC

Apr 5, 2020
California
✟163,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When Enoch goes against The Bible, i go with The Bible. Which states the moon is a created light.

Now i personally believe that both the sun and moon are convex shaped disc that face down toward the earth. To as The Bible states give light on the earth.
Yes, it gives light to the earth. 1 Enoch does not contradict that. It just shows how that light is added, not reflected, from the sun and given back. At the time it has the light it is the Moon's light. I'm just using their calculation to what they call "reflection" to what 1 Enoch shows, as does the Bible, The moons own light.

To me again it's like a lightbulb, (some kind of celestial Tesla bulb?) that receives its light from another source in phases. While it has that light, it is the Moon's light.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it gives light to the earth. 1 Enoch does not contradict that. It just shows how that light is added, not reflected, from the sun and given back. At the time it has the light it is the Moon's light. I'm just using their calculation to what they call "reflection" to what 1 Enoch shows, as does the Bible, The moons own light.

To me again it's like a lightbulb, (some kind of celestial Tesla bulb?) that receives its light from another source in phases. While it has that light, it is the Moon's light.

The reason i believe these created lights are disk and not spheres. Are because spheres can not be made to take on the shape of an oval. But a circular disk shape can, as the circular disk moves far away from the viewer as opposed to being seen from straight above. The circular disk will began to take on the shape of an oval, which a sphere can not.

That is what is seen of the sun and moon as they move away from a persons position and toward the horizon.

oval.jpg

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

Apr 5, 2020
California
✟163,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Photos taken this morning (Feb 15th 2022). These photos show a fine example of the disk convex shaped moon being distorted into an oval shape. Something that a moon that is a sphere could not do.

ZOMG! Astronomers have never, ever seen this! This will totally blow their minds!

I bet they'll say it's refraction or something stupidly scientific like that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paul4JC

Apr 5, 2020
California
✟163,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Photos taken this morning (Feb 15th 2022). These photos show a fine example of the disk convex shaped moon being distorted into an oval shape. Something that a moon that is a sphere could not do.
What camera do you use?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What camera do you use?

I bought a Nikon p 1000 when they first came out, and have been happy with the camera.

Those shots were hand held, if i would have had my tripod and the remote they may have been a little better

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
ZOMG! Astronomers have never, ever seen this! This will totally blow their minds!

I bet they'll say it's refraction or something stupidly scientific like that.

You science supporters just can not handle the truth.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Even if a billion monkeys typed on computers for a billion years, they will not write the DNA code for a human being. It is statistically impossible.

I asked you a year ago to show your work on this, and you never did.

Maybe because you just made it up?

Also, you claimed re: DNA:

"You are talking about a code of 3 dimensional information..."

What is 3 dimensional information?

Upvote 0