• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Moon it's own source of light

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by JacksBratt, Mar 25, 2018.

Does the moon give it's own light?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth Supporter

+5,820
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    Ok, first and foremost.. and very seriously... this is not a flat earth related topic... Not for me. So please leave the whole FE out of this or start your own thread.

This is about a phenomenon that, quite honestly, I have questioned since I was very young. However, I put it aside as life went on.

Now, I have heard others speak of it and it has raised some very simple yet important questions..

How on earth does the moon look the way it does if it is reflecting the sun?

Let's look at the phases, shall we?

[​IMG]

First, look at the "Waxing Crescent". Pictured above is not the last one before a new moon. There are several more before the moon is not illuminated.

Still, when I go to work, it is dark... yet there is the sliver of a moon in the sky.

Ask yourself, if the moon must always be fully illuminated, by the sun, there must always be a full moon to some area of space. Earth just cannot see it... So, therefore, when the moon is but a sliver, the rest of the moon, facing away from me, must still be fully illuminated.

So, where would the sun have to be to fully illuminate the surface of the moon "except" the tiny sliver I can see.

The sun would have to be opposite me. It should be in the sky, on the opposite side of me than the dark side that I see... Yet, the sun is not even up yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Netgear

Netgear A Dog On A Mission

+154
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Divorced
    Why start 2 threads on this?

3. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth Supporter

+5,820
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    My mistake,

Tried to put a poll on my other thread.

Mods can delete this duplicate.

4. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+2,824
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Three examples of light being emitted from either the surface of the moon or right below the surface. In the terminator shadow area on the moon, in the dark part there are small light dots emitting light.

5. comana

comana Senior Veteran Supporter

+1,616
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    Why is the majority of the moon concealed in black shadow if it emits it’s own light? That makes no sense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. d taylor

+2,824
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    The moon is created for keeping/marking of time and is placed in the sky for that purpose. So the different stages the moon goes through is the moon simply carrying out its created purpose. The moon functions independently from the sun. In other words the moon would go through its function or lighting stages with or with out the sun.

7. comana

+1,616
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    So your theory is that the moon is dark because the lights are tuned off on that part?

8. d taylor

+2,824
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Well i believe by faith and sight. Not coming at this from a scientific point of view, being that i am not a scientist.

The Bible states that God created two great lights and the Bible also states a few times the moon will not give its light. So i start there believing first and then i see what the Bibles states.

like the light emitting from these surface impressions.

DSCN2028.JPG

DSCN2052.JPG

9. d taylor

+2,824
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Another fine example of an impression emitting light.
    In this photo of the moon the impression close to the shadow (top just left of center) area on the moon is emitting a lot of light and shines quite bright, brighter than any other impression.

DSCN0707.JPG

And a close up of that area.

DSCN0707+.jpg

10. SPF

SPF Well-Known Member

+1,936
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Congratulations. Your closeup reveals that it's a crater and the material blasted out left behind more reflective material.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+5,733
    Seeker
    I also note that crater has a shadow in it. Which is really weird for a thing that’s EMITTING LIGHT.

12. SPF

SPF Well-Known Member

+1,936
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Is it possible that those "points" of light where it's dark and still very close to the light side might be..maybe... mountains or simply higher elevated ground that is still able to catch the reflection of the sun? Why don't you see any points of light further and deeper back? Is someone slacking on their job and forgetting to switch the lights off and you're managing to catch them?

13. d taylor

+2,824
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    This is also an excellent example of another impression that emits light. And what i have notice about this light emitting impression is that however this is located on the moon the light being emitted does not change shape or direction. The light always looks like this, regardless of the position of the moon

DSCN5759.JPG

Same impression, same light pattern but different position of the moon.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. comana

+1,616
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    That’s because it is not a pattern of light being emitted but rather material ejected from the crater upon impact. It will always look that way.

15. SPF

SPF Well-Known Member

+1,936
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Congratulations, you've demonstrated that material ejected from craters is more reflective than surface material.

16. Nithavela

Nithavela Cool catchphrase goes here

+16,081
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    You obviously are unable to understand the vast difference of distance between the moon and you and the sun and you.

17. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+5,733
    Seeker
    If the moon is independent of the Sun, why does its phase always match the position of the Sun?

18. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+16,242
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    Actually it doesn't. Moonrise and moonset are about 50 minutes out of phase on a day-to-day basis.

19. Shrewd Manager

Shrewd Manager Through him, in all things, more than conquerors. Supporter

+3,581
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    Yes, it emits its own light.

First, the properties of sunlight and moonlight are entirely different. The former is hot and produces dessication, the latter cool and produces putrefaction.

Secondly, there is no experimental precedent for sunlight reflecting off dust in a luminescent manner.

Thirdly, why doesn't 'earth shine' light up the moon? Presumably there are many angles at which the supposed ball earth, covered in 70% water, a far more reflective medium than moondust, should illuminate that hunk o' cheese.

And last but not least, we have the irrefutable testament of the manufacturer in Gen 1:16 that there are 2 great lights, one to rule the day and the other the night.

20. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+16,242
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    Actually it does.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List