Modern day systemic racism, does it exist?

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
You didn't address my point. You just trolled a graph.

I'm so sorry, Walk. If you never learned how to read a graph then you are missing a LOT. Those of us who make a living working with data tend to work with graphs. They say so much more than a wall of text.

But if you don't know how to read it then it is all gobble-di-gook for you I'm sure.

Unfortunately I don't have the desire to teach you how to read a graph. It also indicates to me you have no idea what I'm saying when I talk about "median household income". That's even MORE indepth in the discussion of data. You may not even know the difference between "mean" and "median".

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Letting brown people pick your vegetable decade after decade but not giving them path to citizenship is systemic racism.
They have the same path that millions of other immigrants have taken. The US takes in half the world's immigrants.

Upvote 0

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Justice isn't fair for me. Is it systemic racism?

Different topic. But good to know that you seem OK with an unfair justice system.

An unfair justice system can definitely hide bad actions better.

All dogs are animals but not all animals are dogs. YOU are poor making you a victim of an unfair justice system. But you are (I assume) white (?) so you are just one data point. The fact that the same unfair justice system can further ensure that blacks on average wind up with worse outcomes than whites ceteris paribus indicates systemic racism.

The fact that YOU also may have bad outcomes doesn't mean anything other than you happen to be on the poor end of the distribution.

You like what is called "anecdotal data" as opposed to actually understanding the whole system. And you wind up with a flawed syllogism.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,535.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
They tend to commit more crime. Dont you think that explains why they interact with police more?
No. They get caught commiting more crime because police are in bigger concettation in their areas.

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm so sorry, Walk. If you never learned how to read a graph then you are missing a LOT. Those of us who make a living working with data tend to work with graphs. They say so much more than a wall of text.

But if you don't know how to read it then it is all gobble-di-gook for you I'm sure.

Unfortunately I don't have the desire to teach you how to read a graph. It also indicates to me you have no idea what I'm saying when I talk about "median household income". That's even MORE indepth in the discussion of data. You may not even know the difference between "mean" and "median".
This is not worth responding to. It adds nothing to the debate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Different topic. But good to know that you seem OK with an unfair justice system.

An unfair justice system can definitely hide bad actions better.

All dogs are animals but not all animals are dogs. YOU are poor making you a victim of an unfair justice system. But you are (I assume) white (?) so you are just one data point. The fact that the same unfair justice system can further ensure that blacks on average wind up with worse outcomes than whites ceteris paribus indicates systemic racism.

The fact that YOU also may have bad outcomes doesn't mean anything other than you happen to be on the poor end of the distribution.

You like what is called "anecdotal data" as opposed to actually understanding the whole system. And you wind up with a flawed syllogism.
Where is the systemic racism though?

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No. They get caught commiting more crime because police are in bigger concettation in their areas.
Because they commit more crime. And have you ever been to the ghetto? Not a cop in sight until someone gets shot.

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I addressed your point in the

I wonder why they might have a longer criminal record?

Is it because, well, you know..."they" are more prone to crime?

C'mon. Just say out loud what you are thinking. WHY do you think they have a longer criminal record?

Just. Say. It. Out. Loud.
its not because they are prone to it but because of gangs. Many blacks don't commit crime. Its the gangs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Where is the systemic racism though?

There is clearly a systemic reason why black families have a lower median income than white families. Now some may think it is something about the black people themselves, but indeed that's racist.

No the data shows that the median household income for black families is lower than for whites. That's an indicator of systemic issues. Possible (quite likely) racism since the primary explanatory variable is RACE.

Furthermore given that STATISTICALLY SPEAKING black defendants ceteris paribus end up with worse outcomes on average than white defendants is further indication of a systemic issue. Again, most likely racism given that the primary explanatory variable is race.

If it isn't RACISM, do you wish to tell us what it IS? (Go ahead, please say out loud what you are thinking about black people. Just say it. If it isn't racism...what is it?)

Upvote 0

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Your insults add nothing to the discussion.

How is it an insult if you don't know how to read a graph? That's like saying you are insulted because you can't balance a chemical reaction. It just means you lack a certain skill.

Upvote 0