Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The sex crimes prosecutor, who the Republicans hired to ask questions to Dr. Ford, and briefly towards Judge Kavanaugh, told Senators after the hearing yesterday that this case wouldn't hold up in court. In fact, she wouldn't bring charges against Kavanaugh nor would this even be enough to get a search warrant.

This is important testimony, as many Democratic leaders and groups demand FBI investigations into these allegations. It's been obvious to me and other Republicans that there is no case against Kavanaugh, nor any evidence or corroborating testimony that would warrant such an investigation. Dr. Ford's story simply doesn't hold up to any standard befitting one.

The sex-crimes prosecutor Republicans hired to question Brett Kavanaugh and accuser Christine Blasey Ford at Thursday's hearing told senators the case would not hold up in a courtroom, sources told Fox News—guidance that could prove critical as wavering lawmakers prepare to vote.

The prosecutor, Rachel Mitchell, spoke at an overnight meeting where all 51 Republican senators were present, two people briefed on the session said.

“Mitchell spelled it out and was clear with senators that she could not take this anywhere near a courtroom,” one source told Fox News. She told them she would not charge the Supreme Court nominee and reportedly said she wouldn't even seek a search warrant.

Mitchell’s opinion could sway fence-sitting senators ahead of a critical Senate Judiciary Committee vote set for Friday afternoon.

Prosecutor tells wavering senators she wouldn't charge Kavanaugh, as vote looms

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
She was hired to ask questions and reveal details. Her expertise in this field is an important piece of the puzzle. She wasn't hired to side with the Republicans. If she had gone the opposite way, you guys would've been waving those articles and stomping the ground for further investigation.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,665.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The sex crimes prosecutor, who the Republicans hired to ask questions to Dr. Ford, and briefly towards Judge Kavanaugh, told Senators after the hearing yesterday that this case wouldn't hold up in court. In fact, she wouldn't bring charges against Kavanaugh nor would this even be enough to get a search warrant.

This is important testimony, as many Democratic leaders and groups demand FBI investigations into these allegations. It's been obvious to me and other Republicans that there is no case against Kavanaugh, nor any evidence or corroborating testimony that would warrant such an investigation. Dr. Ford's story simply doesn't hold up to any standard befitting one.

Prosecutor tells wavering senators she wouldn't charge Kavanaugh, as vote looms

Since this is not a criminal case I fail to see why this would be relevant?

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You people seem to be forgetting the number of Senators who come from law enforcement backgrounds themselves. If Mitchell was wrong, they would know it.

I'm friendly with lawyers myself and they say the same thing as Mitchell. Are they lying too even though many of them are Democrats?

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Since this is not a criminal case I fail to see why this would be relevant?
The fact that the evidence doesn't add up to any standard under the law. If a prosecutor wouldn't find her story credible enough to ask for a search warrant, it reveals a lot about the case against Kavanaugh. People just believe her, only out of political motivation, when she doesn't have a case that stands up to any standard by which an investigation would even be warranted. An accusation doesn't mean guilty, like many on the Democrat side makes it seem.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
. She wasn't hired to side with the Republicans.
Of course she was. Just like Ford was hired to side with the Dems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The fact that the evidence doesn't add up to any standard under the law.
Which does not mean anything as to whether he did that or not. Just that there is no court-worthy evidence.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course she was. Just like Ford was hired to side with the Dems.

Ford wasn't hired at all, she willingly volunteered information when Kavanaugh was still on the short list.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ford was hired?
Paint me cynical, but IMO everyone testifying on either side was hired by special interests to do so.

• Agree
Reactions: Call me Nic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ford wasn't hired at all, she willingly volunteered information when Kavanaugh was still on the short list.
How do you know? Have you monitored any Cayman island bank accounts in her name?

There are plenty of private special interest groups that want ANYONE put forward by the "other side" to fail; and they will pay big bucks to see that happen. All under the radar.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Which does not mean anything as to whether he did that or not. Just that there is no court-worthy evidence.
It means a lot when it comes to actual facts and evidence, and not emotional political leanings without any evidence to the contrary. Many people feel as if an accusation should be enough to derail Judge Kavanaugh. Many, including Democrats, demanded he steps down before the hearings yesterday! They are even prepared with websites to take down the next judge in the event Kavanaugh doesn't get confirmed.

Once again, there's no evidence in this case against him. None. Schumer declared he was ready to take down whoever the nominee was by any means necessary. Only when it was clear they couldn't take him down on his merits did these allegations start popping up out of the woodwork.

Evidence is important by any standard. If there was even a little bit of evidence, I would be standing up and saying, "we need to investigate further." Because there is none, we need to move on from this circus and confirm Kavanaugh.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm painting you as just making stuff up.
Not really. Presidents Clinton and Obama both complained about the underground radical right that were trying to undermine them. Bush jr and now Trump are/were talking about a liberal based "shadow government" working against them which amounts to the same thing.

All 4 presidents were 100% correct in their assessment.

• Agree
Upvote 0