Hunter Biden indictment is vindication of whistleblowers, says former Whitewater counsel

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Hunter Biden was indicted in California on a number of tax charges after pleading not guilty to federal gun charges earlier this year. On "FOX & Friends" Friday, former Whitewater deputy counsel Sol Wisenberg argued the indictment is "devastating" for President Biden's son and will be a "vindication" of the IRS whistleblowers.
SOL WISENBERG:This indictment, which is a devastating speaking indictment, really is a complete vindication of the whistleblowers. There's no reason this indictment couldn't have been brought a year ago or two years ago. Remember, the whistleblowers had to fight to get this investigation continued and ultimately lost. And if it hadn't been for [Judge Maryellen Noreika] in that federal Delaware courtroom, that hinky plea deal would have gone down. She did her job and stopped this from happening. And it's really, from a criminal defense perspective, from a white-collar crime perspective, I would really say the defense attorneys for Hunter Biden got too greedy in what they wanted from that plea deal. And that's why it blew up. It was a big mistake in how they handled this case.

President Biden's son Hunter Biden was indicted in California Thursday on a litany of tax charges, according to documents made public.

The indictment alleges Hunter Biden's failure to pay nearly $200,000 of income tax in the year 2019.

Hunter Biden pleaded not guilty in October to federal gun charges in U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware after being charged out of Weiss' years-long investigation.

Thursday's development comes ahead of an expected vote from House Republican leaders next week on a measure that would formally initiate an impeachment inquiry into President Biden over possible ties to his son's business dealings.

Reactions: WilliamLhk

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I don't suppose anyone would like to actually read that indictment which has been made public?
There's no reason this indictment couldn't have been brought a year ago or two years ago.

There's nothing in it that we didn't know years ago, at least in broad outlines. In 2020 he paid the taxes (with interest) that he admitted he owed (and hadn't paid) for those years. He cheated on his taxes. Everybody knows it.

• Informative
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Hunter Biden was indicted in California on a number of tax charges after pleading not guilty to federal gun charges earlier this year. On "FOX & Friends" Friday, former Whitewater deputy counsel Sol Wisenberg argued the indictment is "devastating" for President Biden's son and will be a "vindication" of the IRS whistleblowers.
SOL WISENBERG:This indictment, which is a devastating speaking indictment, really is a complete vindication of the whistleblowers. There's no reason this indictment couldn't have been brought a year ago or two years ago. Remember, the whistleblowers had to fight to get this investigation continued and ultimately lost. And if it hadn't been for [Judge Maryellen Noreika] in that federal Delaware courtroom, that hinky plea deal would have gone down. She did her job and stopped this from happening. And it's really, from a criminal defense perspective, from a white-collar crime perspective, I would really say the defense attorneys for Hunter Biden got too greedy in what they wanted from that plea deal. And that's why it blew up. It was a big mistake in how they handled this case.

President Biden's son Hunter Biden was indicted in California Thursday on a litany of tax charges, according to documents made public.

The indictment alleges Hunter Biden's failure to pay nearly $200,000 of income tax in the year 2019.

Hunter Biden pleaded not guilty in October to federal gun charges in U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware after being charged out of Weiss' years-long investigation.

Thursday's development comes ahead of an expected vote from House Republican leaders next week on a measure that would formally initiate an impeachment inquiry into President Biden over possible ties to his son's business dealings.
This trial is going to be one "big can o worms" for Weiss.
In the end, to put on my Amazing Karnack hat, he will receive the same probation they reneged on the first time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WilliamLhk

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
✟15,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your update on a private citizen whose tax evasion would be of no interest were his father's enemies not trying to make him seem .001% as bad as their champion with 91 indictments. Ho hum.
Anyone who acts as an agent for a foreign government stops being merely a private citizen. Hunter has had business dealings with people directly connected to and controlled by the CCP.

• Winner
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Hunter has had business dealings with people directly connected to and controlled by the CCP.
That's true of everyone who does business in China, which is probably 99% of Fortune 500 companies. That doesn't make them agents or lobbyists for Chinese interests.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That's true of everyone who does business in China, which is probably 99% of Fortune 500 companies. That doesn't make them agents or lobbyists for Chinese interests.
They’re all “in on it”!
Wow, this “corruption” is even worse than we were being told!

• Agree
Reactions: WilliamLhk
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who acts as an agent for a foreign government stops being merely a private citizen. Hunter has had business dealings with people directly connected to and controlled by the CCP.

I had a brother who spent a lot of time in China (as a visitor) trying to negotiate for the Chinese to buy millions of a product made by the company he worked for. I believe some of his negotiations were directly with representatives of the government. By your logic, I should worry that my brother is going to be arrested for working as an unregistered foreign agent?

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

WilliamLhk

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
✟15,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had a brother who spent a lot of time in China (as a visitor) trying to negotiate for the Chinese to buy millions of a product made by the company he worked for. I believe some of his negotiations were directly with representatives of the government. By your logic, I should worry that my brother is going to be arrested for working as an unregistered foreign agent?
Not while Biden is in office.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thanks for your update on a private citizen whose tax evasion would be of no interest were his father's enemies not trying to make him seem .001% as bad as their champion with 91 indictments. Ho hum.
And Weisenberg is so credible because he got exactly zero indictments on Whitewater. Either Bill Clinton is squeaky clean or Sol is massively incompetent.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And this is the issue with your claim, my brother is not guilty of being a "foreign agent" for the Chinese. He negotiated to get the Chinese (including the government) to buy a US made product. What he did not do is petition the US government to aid the Chinese -- basically you are a government agent for a company if you are a lobbyist for them, not just for doing business deals.

To the best of what I know, Hunter Biden was not a government agent for the Chinese as he did not lobby for the Chinese in our government. I'll admit, I could be wrong and I'll trust prosecutors to investigate if he did, the same if he was a foreign agent for Ukraine.

I think another good example to use would be Jared Kushner. He left government and immediately got a 2 billion dollar deal with Saudi Arabia. Even more interestingly, the government-owned company that he got the deal from found that it wasn't a good deal for the company and was going to pass on it; it was only approved when the Crown Prince stepped in and told the company they would make the deal. So, is this a "payoff" directly related to Kushner's work in the Trump administration in the Middle East? And by your logic, this clearly would make him a "foreign agent." But, interestingly, I've seen nothing to indicate that either Democrats or Republicans are calling to prosecute him as a foreign agent; at most I've seen a few Democrats call this out as a clear bribe -- a payoff for things he did during the Trump administration, just paid after he was no longer tied to government.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nor with Trump...

Ivanka’s Trademark Requests Were Fast-Tracked In China After Trump Was Elected​

And this is the issue with your claim, my brother is not guilty of being a "foreign agent" for the Chinese. He negotiated to get the Chinese (including the government) to buy a US made product. What he did not do is petition the US government to aid the Chinese -- basically you are a government agent for a company if you are a lobbyist for them, not just for doing business deals.

To the best of what I know, Hunter Biden was not a government agent for the Chinese as he did not lobby for the Chinese in our government. I'll admit, I could be wrong and I'll trust prosecutors to investigate if he did, the same if he was a foreign agent for Ukraine.

I think another good example to use would be Jared Kushner. He left government and immediately got a 2 billion dollar deal with Saudi Arabia. Even more interestingly, the government-owned company that he got the deal from found that it wasn't a good deal for the company and was going to pass on it; it was only approved when the Crown Prince stepped in and told the company they would make the deal. So, is this a "payoff" directly related to Kushner's work in the Trump administration in the Middle East? And by your logic, this clearly would make him a "foreign agent." But, interestingly, I've seen nothing to indicate that either Democrats or Republicans are calling to prosecute him as a foreign agent; at most I've seen a few Democrats call this out as a clear bribe -- a payoff for things he did during the Trump administration, just paid after he was no longer tied to government.
Er....
"That's different?"

Upvote 0

WilliamLhk

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
✟15,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And this is the issue with your claim, my brother is not guilty of being a "foreign agent" for the Chinese.
I never claimed he was.
To the best of what I know, Hunter Biden was not a government agent for the Chinese as he did not lobby for the Chinese in our government.
If any of the money he received from them ended up in Joe Biden's pocket, that makes Hunter an agent.
I'll admit, I could be wrong and I'll trust prosecutors to investigate if he did, the same if he was a foreign agent for Ukraine.
You'll trust the Biden Justice Department to investigate? The same people that sat on and hid all kinds of incriminating evidence against Hunter for years and did nothing? Right.

"I think another good example to use would be Jared Kushner. He left government and immediately got a 2 billion dollar deal with Saudi Arabia. ... by your logic, this clearly would make him a "foreign agent." "

This deal took place after he, in your own words, "left the government." Whereas Hunter has been funnelling money to "the big guy" Joe Biden IN OFFICE.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
If any of the money he received from them ended up in Joe Biden's pocket, that makes Hunter an agent.
Doing anything with his own money would not make Hunter a foreign agent.

Upvote 0