Hunter Biden indictment is vindication of whistleblowers, says former Whitewater counsel

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never claimed he was.

If any of the money he received from them ended up in Joe Biden's pocket, that makes Hunter an agent.

You'll trust the Biden Justice Department to investigate? The same people that sat on and hid all kinds of incriminating evidence against Hunter for years and did nothing? Right.

I think you are thinking of the Trump DoJ, which had the laptop for a couple of years before Biden ever took office. It seems far more has been done against Hunter in the Biden DoJ than the Trump DoJ, they've at least brought actual charges -- and many of the complaints actually occurred when Trump was still in office.

"I think another good example to use would be Jared Kushner. He left government and immediately got a 2 billion dollar deal with Saudi Arabia. ... by your logic, this clearly would make him a "foreign agent." "

This deal took place after he, in your own words, "left the government." Whereas Hunter has been funnelling money to "the big guy" Joe Biden IN OFFICE.

Except there is zero evidence of Hunter doing anything while Biden has been in office. For example, the alleged Chinese deal where it is claimed that money from China was paid to Joe (rather that the loan repayments they appear to be) occurred starting in 2017 (the "big guy" claims) and 2018, when no Bidens, including Joe, held any government office.

Upvote 0

WilliamLhk

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
✟15,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you are thinking of the Trump DoJ, which had the laptop for a couple of years before Biden ever took office.
"The Trump DoJ" was never run by Trump, it was run by those opposed to him who illegally spied on him via false claims made to the FISA court in secret. Of course these people never investigated the laptop: they wanted Trump defeated in 2020.
I'm not even a Trump supporter, just stating what actually took place.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Corporate money is not personal money.
When your employer pays your salary, that money is yours to do with as you please.

Anyway, the money is totally beside the point. Money's not needed. We're not talking about bribery, we're talking about being a foreign agent, i.e. lobbying. What you want to find is something more like Hunter saying, "Dad, my Chinese friends would like you to lower your tariffs on injection molded plastic toys. And they are literally paying me to ask you this one question. So, please, can you do that for them?"

Of course, there's nothing wrong with being lobbied at. So Joe's in the clear on any FARA stuff involving his son.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"The Trump DoJ" was never run by Trump, it was run by those opposed to him who illegally spied on him via false claims made to the FISA court in secret. Of course these people never investigated the laptop: they wanted Trump defeated in 2020.
I'm not even a Trump supporter, just stating what actually took place.

Bill Barr wasn't the AG? Christopher Wray wasn't the FBI director? By the way, Trump being "spied" on via false claims to the FISA court in secret never happened. Yes, they did use some bad information to get a warrant to wiretap Carter Page, but at that time Page was no longer working for the Trump campaign, so Trump wasn't spied on.

So, who exactly are "these people" in the DoJ that didn't want Trump re-elected? Why did AG Barr, who Trump consistently praised for the job he did, have every confidence in those running the Hunter Biden investigation? The fact is, there is zero evidence for this conspiracy you are trying to push.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

WilliamLhk

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
✟15,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bill Barr wasn't the AG? Christopher Wray wasn't the FBI director?
Who both talked nice to Trump's face but worked against him behind his back. Remember the US Attorney in PA that wanted to investigate election fraud but was told by Barr to stop? Trump appointed one deep-stater after another, including his first two chiefs of staff. His great weakness, or at least one of them, is his susceptibility to flattery.
By the way, Trump being "spied" on via false claims to the FISA court in secret never happened.
You are either peddling disinformation or are woefully misinformed or both. Those false claims included perjury.
Yes, they did use some bad information to get a warrant to wiretap Carter Page, but at that time Page was no longer working for the Trump campaign, so Trump wasn't spied on.
The FISA court approved the spying to continue while he was President, in part because of the secret testimony to that court by the Deputy Attorney General.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who both talked nice to Trump's face but worked against him behind his back. Remember the US Attorney in PA that wanted to investigate election fraud but was told by Barr to stop? Trump appointed one deep-stater after another, including his first two chiefs of staff. His great weakness, or at least one of them, is his susceptibility to flattery.

Nope, don't remember the US attorney who was told not to investigate fraud. What I saw was a former FBI agent who ran for governor who claimed he was told not to put out press releases or public statements, and he was to turn over any serious findings to the Pennsylvania AG. Interesting that he didn't bother complaining about these things until he decided to run for governor, not while he still worked for the FBI. Additionally, these orders were made by letter -- a letter sent to all FBI investigators -- so again odd that McSwain is the only one making these types of claims. Yes, Trump claimed McSwain was not allowed to investigate but other FBI agents working with McSwain dispute that, as well as Barr and even McSwain didn't really claim that. And, you'd think if he had such issue with that letter -- and it really said he couldn't investigate -- that he'd have kept a copy to show the press.

On the other side, Barr ordered Federal Investigators, apparently for the first time ever, to investigate the election and look for fraud. Because elections are run by states, there was a lot of criticism for Barr using the DoJ and FBI -- even several questions of if it was Constitutional. So Barr takes all this heat for using federal law enforcement to investigate state elections (Republicans would have had a cow had this been the Biden DoJ), and then tells the investigators they can't actually investigate. I'm sorry, this narrative makes zero sense -- likely why it is a single claim by a politician, not backed up by those he worked with at the time, and a claim no other FBI agent is making.

You are either peddling disinformation or are woefully misinformed or both. Those false claims included perjury.

The FISA court approved the spying to continue while he was President, in part because of the secret testimony to that court by the Assistant Attorney General.

I never said there were no false claims -- perhaps you need to read what I wrote again. Yes, it happened to get the warrant against Carter Page; but Page no longer was working for the Trump campaign so they weren't able to listen in on Trump using that warrant.

Upvote 0

WilliamLhk

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
✟15,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
" Who Signed Off on FISA Warrants

Under the applicable rules, FISA warrant applications must be signed by senior Justice Department officials. With respect to the warrants to spy on Page, the first application in October 2016 was signed by then-FBI Director James Comey and then-Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates. Collyer approved the application.

The second application in January 2017 also was signed by Comey and Yates. Judge Michael Mosman approved the application.

The third application in April 2017 was signed by Comey and then-acting Attorney General Dana Boente. Judge Anne Conway approved the application.

Finally, the fourth application in June 2017 was signed by then-Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe and then-Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. The application was approved by Judge Raymond Dearie. "

Upvote 0