Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The term dates from the late 19th Century, long before Stonewall and before the Mattachines and Daughters of Bilitis by almost 100 years.

There are no "pro-aborts".

The acronym NARAL argues against this.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I would say we shouldn't use the word "gay" in any sense. We should use the clinical and accurate word "homosexual." Agreed?

This is not a clinical discussion. People should be called what they want to be called. I've used LGBT because it constitutes those of minority sexual orientation. It is particularly useful to include the "T" population because the assertion that to be transgendered constitutes sin cannot be defended other than with "I don't wike it". The desire to not call people what they want to be called here is just another form of oppression. The illegetimate authority assumed to harm LGBTs is summarily rejected by those fighting oppression.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why? Because homosexuality (like inappropriate behavior with animals) is a sin against nature.

It is normal for the average man or woman to be tempted by sins such as lust, lying, jealousy, gluttony, and so on. It is not normal for the average person to be tempted by homosexuality or inappropriate behavior with animals.

The assertion homosexuality is a sin against nature is unsupported by nothing other than emotion. The comparison to inappropriate behavior with animals is a vile utterance for which you should be ashamed.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We are all justified by the righteousness of Christ while we are guilty of sin. We are sanctified by cooperating with the grace of the Holy Spirit.

We should always love one another and reach out to everyone. However, we must never in this process compromise the word of God. We must hold firm to our position that it is true and that sin is sin. It is when people condone sin, out of a mistaken attempt to love someone that they do them the most harm.

No one has done this.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
FTR Post:

I want to make one sub-issue clear for the sake of my friend herev. He is indeed an ordained pastor and former Chaplain here.

I do want to set the record straight.

Chaplain Steve

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.