Man of Mystery
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,002.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Anyone else see this?

During the Miss USA pageant, one of the finalists, Carrie Prejean was asked by one the judging panelists if all states should approve same-sex marriage. Her response: "I don't want to offend anybody, but in my family, I was raised to believe that marriage should be between a man and a women."

Considering she's DDG;), it's nice to know the competition just got weeded down a bit. Some guy will be really lucky.

BTW, Prejean finished second in the pageant to North Carolina's Kristen Dalton, whose political question was whether the US government should bail out the banking industry. (She said no.)

Looks like public policy would be much different if supermodels ran the country. (No, not Hillary Clinton or Sarah Palin, either.)

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone else see this?

During the Miss USA pageant, one of the finalists, Carrie Prejean was asked by one the judging panelists if all states should approve same-sex marriage. Her response: "I don't want to offend anybody, but in my family, I was raised to believe that marriage should be between a man and a women."

Considering she's DDG;), it's nice to know the competition just got weeded down a bit. Some guy will be really lucky.

BTW, Prejean finished second in the pageant to North Carolina's Kristen Dalton, whose political question was whether the US government should bail out the banking industry. (She said no.)

Looks like public policy would be much different if supermodels ran the country. (No, not Hillary Clinton or Sarah Palin, either.)
Hillary? Supermodel?
:holy:

Anyhoo, ya I saw the segment they played on Fox while I was
primping to run some errands.

Did you see Perez Hilton's video attacking her for her answer?
It was vile and hateful.

This is how the gay left usually is tho - just hateful and bigoted if you
don't do what they like or agree w/ them.
This just shows us all how far down the toilet this country
is plunging in its moral cesspool.
*flush*

Evil gains momentum and boldness - and noticably, it's liberalism
that's gaining ground. What a coinkeydink :idea:

This is easy for me to say, but hey, I'd rather lose an
earthly USA crown than lose the Crown God will give.
It's a pittance of a price to pay for saying what's right.

Upvote 0

lenpettis74

Mar 8, 2009
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you see Perez Hilton's video attacking her for her answer? It was vile and hateful.

I saw the vitriol spewing from his mouth and he is the typical pink Nazi fascist. He wants tolerance if you agree with him, but if you disagree with him tolerance flies out the window so quick your head spins.

This is easy for me to say, but hey, I'd rather lose an earthly USA crown than lose the Crown God will give.
It's a pittance of a price to pay for saying what's right.

I completely agree, God bless her for not selling out for the gain of a goofy crown. She won that contest as far as I'm concerned, because no one will remember the winner, they will remember the girl who stood on her principles and didn't sell out to the leftist swine. I only wonder if Perez Hilton knew her position before hand and set her up, because she was the only one given a gay marriage question (although being from California, she is in the Gay Marriage hot bed right now, so it could be a coincidence).

Upvote 0

Gravetye

Apr 20, 2009
✟266.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I saw the vitriol spewing from his mouth and he is the typical pink Nazi fascist. He wants tolerance if you agree with him, but if you disagree with him tolerance flies out the window so quick your head spins.
Honestly, I'm not sure why everyone seems so shocked and outraged when someone gets angry over the "I'm against gay marriage" standpoint. I mean, think about it--to deny a couple the right to marriage because they don't fit in your naive, cheery little "Christian" wonderland is the epitome of intolerance. So being intolerant towards intolerance isn't hypocrisy--it's logic. Why should anyone be tolerant of a belief system that takes an entire group of people and brands them as second class citizens?

Upvote 0

lenpettis74

Mar 8, 2009
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, I'm not sure why everyone seems so shocked and outraged when someone gets angry over the "I'm against gay marriage" standpoint. I mean, think about it--to deny a couple the right to marriage because they don't fit in your naive, cheery little "Christian" wonderland is the epitome of intolerance. So being intolerant towards intolerance isn't hypocrisy--it's logic. Why should anyone be tolerant of a belief system that takes an entire group of people and brands them as second class citizens?

Why is tolerance only required of those you label naive, cheery little "Christians"? Why can't you live up to your own standards and practice what you preach?

Reactions: Rosalila
Upvote 0

Gravetye

Apr 20, 2009
✟266.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why is tolerance only required of those you label naive, cheery little "Christians"? Why can't you live up to your own standards and practice what you preach?
Didn't you read what I wrote? The point is, the belief that same sex couple shouldn't have the right to be married is not only frightfully unfair, it's mindlessly intolerant. What I want to know, is why should I--as someone who supports gay marriage--respect and "tolerate" the conservative desire to ban it, when to ban it is intolerance?

Follow?

In other words, why should I tolerate intolerance?

Upvote 0

Hockey_Fan

Man of Mystery
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,002.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I admire Prejean for having the courage to speak her mind rather than cop some politically correct, center of the road, say nothing nonsense. Good for her!! Who cares if you win or finish second, get booed or cheered? Years from now, it's not going to matter.

Truth be told, it's always been tough to swim against the flow. It's just that what is considered politically correct has changed 180 degrees. How many years was it politically incorrect to be gay? To have a child out of wedlock? To get a divorce? Or a million other things?

How did the right wing treat those who are different than their standards? Any better?

It's just now that the shoe is on the other foot... and kicking back hard!!

Upvote 0

Hockey_Fan

Man of Mystery
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,002.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Didn't you read what I wrote? The point is, the belief that same sex couple shouldn't have the right to be married is not only frightfully unfair, it's mindlessly intolerant. What I want to know, is why should I--as someone who supports gay marriage--respect and "tolerate" the conservative desire to ban it, when to ban it is intolerance?

Follow?

In other words, why should I tolerate intolerance?

You have the right to your opinion, just like everyone else.

Why should the whole world be required to be "tolerant" of things they don't like?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gravetye

Apr 20, 2009
✟266.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You have the right to your opinion, just like everyone else.

Why should the whole world be required to be "tolerant" of things they don't like?
Just because someone dislikes something doesn't give them the right to intolerance. Denying a group of people rights that the majority has simply because they are of a minority group "disliked" by the religious right is wrong. Because if we aren't called to be tolerant, then why is it wrong to be racist or sexist or antisemitic? What makes the prejudice against homosexuals at all different from any of those in that regard?

Upvote 0

Jublo

Apr 17, 2009
✟15,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
there is a law against gay marriage. nobody wants to create a law prohibiting bigots. free speech is one important part of a democracy, equally important are liberty and secularity.

the ban on gay marriage is completelly against these principles of secularity and liberty. you seek to impose your own views on other people, and its just not acceptable. all of the evils that have plagued the world for thousands of years have begun when somebody has the audacity to claim to speak for God. i would have hoped the western world had moved passed this.

you have no right to impose yourself on the rights of others. oppose gay marriage on moral grounds by all means, but do not oppose the legalisation of gay marriage.
initions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->[wash my mouth][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the ban on gay marriage is completelly against these principles of secularity and liberty. you seek to impose your own views on other people, and its just not acceptable. all of the evils that have plagued the world for thousands of years have begun when somebody has the audacity to claim to speak for God. i would have hoped the western world had moved passed this.
No it's NOT against those principles --

If that were true, then dissallowing incest and polygamy is wrong
too. And tack on any other combo people want to invent to
marry with.

Society has -and has to have - moral laws that we abide by for civil order
and the overall good (& functionality) of the people. The family unit
does not need to be redefined for gays anymore than it needs to be redefined for polygamists and whatever other mix you want
to create.

GOD HAS SPOKEN that He condemns homosexuality.
We simply carry His clear message and those who hear it will
repent and turn from it like we have to turn from our pet sins -
it isn't easy but the reward is eternal life.
Well worth the struggle.

And as for the bigotry:
DEF: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
grab a mirror becuz at that point, most people that I see who are for
homosexuality are adversely against conservatives & esp. conservative
Christians and are just as combative against us.

Some of the most intolerant people I've ever known are the very people
who claim to be the most tolerant. I used to think they didn't realize
the hypocrisy of it but now I believe they DO know it's hypocritical -
they simply don't give a crap as long as their agenda is forced.

Case in point - Garafalo on NBC claiming the tea party protesters
are RACIST against a Pres. for being black (even tho they were protesting higher taxes and govt. overspending/debt ) ----
while she negatively calls them "rednecks". :doh:
Typical hypocrisy.
So glad she holds "rednecks" in equal light as blacks. ^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative

Why was she asked that question anyway? What's it got to do with her or that event?

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Why was she asked that question anyway? What's it got to do with her or that event?
From what I heard, each contestant had a "political question" they
had to answer. ??

I questioned why he asked HER that one....
did he know her background in Christianity? (I understood she was
a woman of "faith" from the news reports & her comments).
If he knew of her conservativness, I'd say it was a rigged question
on purpose.

What a world we live in where trashy gossip gets you a high seat
on a judging panel.

Good has become evil and evil has become good.
God help us

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
From what I heard, each contestant had a "political question" they
had to answer. ??

I questioned why he asked HER that one....
did he know her background in Christianity? (I understood she was
a woman of "faith" from the news reports & her comments).
If he knew of her conservativness, I'd say it was a rigged question
on purpose.

What a world we live in where trashy gossip gets you a high seat
on a judging panel.

Good has become evil and evil has become good.
God help us

That's what i thought it might be.. a rigged question.. some Christian bear-bating perhaps..

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's what i thought it might be.. a rigged question.. some Christian bear-bating perhaps..
I don't know how we could find out except to be able to
read the background notes each judge was given on each
constestant prior to the pageant?

I do think he knew she was conservative tho... I think that can show
easily if they're given background notes on their prior education,
hobbies & other things where something Christian or conservative
was listed?

I just find it a little ironic :|

I also believe he lied as to why she lost his vote... he claims it was
ONLY becuz she didn't say it's a State issue not federal.
But listen to his attack rant at how stupid she is and a b!-$@.
If it was only that she answered it wrong, he wouldn't go on an
abusive tyrade like that.
It had EVERYTHING to do w/ her being against gay marriage for a
scathing hate response like that.

(& again w/ the hypocrisy - they call us 'bigoted haters" for being against
homosexuality or gay marriage, but then look at their hatred for us!
Why is their condemnation acceptable?)

Reactions: Zecryphon
Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just because someone dislikes something doesn't give them the right to intolerance. Denying a group of people rights that the majority has simply because they are of a minority group "disliked" by the religious right is wrong. Because if we aren't called to be tolerant, then why is it wrong to be racist or sexist or antisemitic? What makes the prejudice against homosexuals at all different from any of those in that regard?

Ahem Um when Jesus was on earth He loved everyone and even started the world on the path to women's rights and so on. But one thing He NEver did was tolerate sin. He addressed it with the women at the well and and Zacheaus. Sin is sin and to the HOly God it equals death.

I am no better then anyone as I sin everyday..for like Paul I desire to do right, but my mind and body are at war with Holiness.

And I do truely admire that young woman. God will richly bless her here and in Heaven for not bending to the devil's pressure and going along with the unscriptural.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rosalila
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.