Militants of TAW starting January 2006 (Introduction Thread)

ExOrienteLux

The thread killer
Jul 30, 2004
✟9,795.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
1. Real first name or Nameday Name (this like everything is optional)
2. What jurisdiction your parish is in. (OCA, Greek, etc.)
3. Status: Orthodox, Catecumen, Serious Inquirer (by this we mean that you have started attending an Orthoodox Church and meeting with the Priest or someone they designate to teach you about the faith) Inquirer (not yet fully serious but interested.)
4. Any other interesting bits of information you want to share such as: marital status, children, pets, hobby's, church activies such as singing in the choir, educational background, what you do for a living, etc, IM information can be shared if you are willing to have anyone here add you.

1.) Philip

2.) Antiochian

3.) Orthodox

4.) Married, no kids, two cats, acolyte/Reader, some college, package handler.

And this is for all you oldsters who are still on TAW: This is ExOrienteLux. I'm back! Unfortunately, my password and/or username seems to have gone AWOL, so I had to get a new one.

IC XC NIKA,
Philip.

Upvote 0

Historynut

Mar 25, 2008
✟7,698.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well I have already been around for about a week so I thought it was time to introduce myself here. Actually I just noticed this thread as I often ignore stickies.

Real first name David

Jurisdiction: Started out Greek but I am in a new town so it could change. We have OCA, Greek, and Antiochian here.

Intresting facts: Not much to say I own a small business and studied classical history in college.

Upvote 0

Julina

Veteran
Apr 14, 2008
New Joisey
Visit site
✟18,285.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
3. Status: Orthodox, Catecumen, Serious Inquirer (by this we mean that you have started attending an Orthoodox Church and meeting with the Priest or someone they designate to teach you about the faith) Inquirer (not yet fully serious but interested.)
4. Any other interesting bits of information you want to share such as: marital status, children, pets, hobby's, church activies such as singing in the choir, educational background, what you do for a living, etc, IM information can be shared if you are willing to have anyone here add you.

1. Julian. would i get a new name if i convert?
2. oca or whatever's closest to where i am at the time
3. serious inquirer! i posted this in another thread introducing myself
4. single, no children, a dog named Domino, jewelry making, i don't do much at church but i'd like to help make a Pascha dinner, im in college right now, i need a job for the summer, and my AIM is NotALionNotATigr (just tell me who you are, please!)

Upvote 0

Vladislaff

Orthodox Christian
Nov 23, 2007
I'm from Biskek, Kyrgyzstan
✟7,680.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My real name is Vladislav (or simply Vlad, Vlady etc.) and my patron Saint is St Vladislav Serbian (although I’m not Serbian)

Moscow Patriarchate Russian Orthodox Church, diocese of Central Asia.

3. Status: Cradle Orthodox, Convert, Catecumen, Serious Inquirer (by this we mean that you have started attending an Orthoodox Church and meeting with the Priest or someone they designate to teach you about the faith)

Like HandmaidenOfGod, I’m Cradle-Convert too. Ethnic Orthodox, but my family is not religious. That’s why I was not christened as infant. Our diocese is seriously ruined by communists, that’s why I was christened as teenager but without catechumening and further I was attending Baptist’s Church. But I was remembering my experience of Orthodox Mystery of Christening and its Grace. By this experience, I’ve compared Orthodoxy ‘n’ Baptism and understood that true Church is Orthodox.

4. Any other interesting pits of information you want to share such as: marital status, children, pets, hobby's, church activies such as singing in the choir, etc.

All my life is concentrated around the Holy Orthodoxy; it is my life’s sense.
I am a single student. Earlier I wanted to enter to seminary, but I understood it’s not my way. Further I wanted become a monk, but I’m so weak for it (and too young)…

I’ve no wife (but I’d like to have) I’ve no children (but I so want to have them in future) and I’ve no pets (well, and don’t wonna have).
Recently the youth of our parish established our own club (it’s smth like Sunday-school) for the learning of Orthodoxy etc. We would like to do something for Church (social service?) but we don’t know what to do. We will be happy if somebody advice us something…
I like Orthodox theology, history and learning of languages, but the most favorite is Gospel!

Upvote 0

Kreikkalainen

You can't spell or pronounce me
May 3, 2008
Here
✟16,001.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi there

Christ is Risen

1. Nameday 29 June on the new calendar... shouldn't be hard for you to figure out, or rather greatly limit the choice. :)
2. Baptised in the Church of Greece. I've spent around 1/4 of my life in several places & I worship in whatever canonical Orthodox church happens to be near my place of residence at a given time.
3. Orthodox
4. I'm a nerd. Everybody knows nerds are single, have no hobbies, no interests & no real-life friends & are quite happy about it. :D

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi there

Christ is Risen

1. Nameday 29 June on the new calendar... shouldn't be hard for you to figure out, or rather greatly limit the choice. :)
2. Baptised in the Church of Greece. I've spent around 1/4 of my life in several places & I worship in whatever canonical Orthodox church happens to be near my place of residence at a given time.
3. Orthodox
4. I'm a nerd. Everybody knows nerds are single, have no hobbies, no interests & no real-life friends & are quite happy about it. :D
Looks like another Finn! :p Or at least a transplant...

I'm Jennie or Jenn the Finn, currently living in the US (although in Finland right now) but will most likely be moving to Germany next year.

Upvote 0

Kreikkalainen

May 3, 2008
Here
✟16,001.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
:doh:

Just as I thought I had found a username that nobody would make any sense out of. Do you finns always pop up in the most unlikely of places? :D

Good to meet you. I'm not a Finn. Minä en puhu suomea, sauna gives me breathing problems and mämmi is yucky. :) I'm in your words a transplant, temporarily so, unless/until life makes it permanent. You never know with life, do you?

:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vladislaff

Orthodox Christian
Nov 23, 2007
I'm from Biskek, Kyrgyzstan
✟7,680.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
what do you mean "oops"?
and how is a catechumen different form an inquirer?

Hi Julina, (what a beautiful name!)

“what do you mean "oops"?”

I accidentally posted the two same posts and I accidentally posted the two same posts and I had edited one of them with “oops”.

“and how is a catechumen different form an inquirer?”

Well, English is not my native language and from time to time I confuse words (My bad!)... I meant that in time of Christening I even did not know that Lord Jesus is God. I didn’t know faith but believed in Christian God, just in Him. I aspired to Christianity but no one had taught me the doctrine of faith because of big devastation in our diocese…
Is English word “catechumening” the teaching of neophyte to faith? (I can’t find this word in vocabulary. In Russian it’s «оглашение») ? Well, nobody taught me doctrines… (i.e. I was not catechumen)
But I was getting mystery sincerely and by this graceful experience I found the Truth in future. I didn’t understand deference between Orthodoxy and Baptism and by partaking in the both Churches I had understood it by the real experience and comparing.

I’m not afraid to talk ab. problems in our diocese because Orthodox Church is really alive and my story is proving it.

Did I answer clearly?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Constantine_Orthodox

Nov 19, 2008
Noord-Holland
✟31,241.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

1. Konstantinos (Constantine), Kosta for short, named after the Emperor Constantine the Great. Nameday: May 21
2. Originally the Church of Greece, but after moving, exactly 23 years ago, to the Netherlands (Holland) Archbishopric of Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg), Ecumenical Patriarchate.
3. Cradle Orthodox, although I truly discovered what my faith is about 11 years ago.
4. Single, no children, no pets, but love cats, I love soccer, RED and WHITE FOREVER OLYMPIAKOS PIRAEUS!!!! History and theology are also big hobbies of mine.

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

1. Konstantinos (Constantine), Kosta for short, named after the Emperor Constantine the Great. Nameday: May 21
2. Originally the Church of Greece, but after moving, exactly 23 years ago, to the Netherlands (Holland) Archbishopric of Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg), Ecumenical Patriarchate.
3. Cradle Orthodox, although I truly discovered what my faith is about 11 years ago.
4. Single, no children, no pets, but love cats, I love soccer, RED and WHITE FOREVER OLYMPIAKOS PIRAEUS!!!! History and theology are also big hobbies of mine.

Hello Kosta! :wave:
Where in Holland are you?

Upvote 0

Kreikkalainen

May 3, 2008
Here
✟16,001.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi Kosta! :wave:

Another one of us greek expatriates. Good to have you onboard. I'm currently & for the last almost two years have been in Finland, but I'm getting ready to move to Denmark early 2009. I've also spent a significant number of years in the UK.

RED and WHITE FOREVER OLYMPIAKOS PIRAEUS!!!!

^_^^_^

I support AEK. Yeah, I know things aren't looking good... but hey, a man can change a lot in his life, but never the football club he supports, right? :D

Upvote 0

Constantine_Orthodox

Nov 19, 2008
Noord-Holland
✟31,241.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Greetings to you all!:wave: Good to be here! Jennie I live near Alkmaar, about 60 km north of Amsterdam.

I support AEK. Yeah, I know things aren't looking good... but hey, a man can change a lot in his life, but never the football club he supports, right? :D

That 's for sure, brother!:D

Upvote 0