Militants of TAW starting January 2006 (Introduction Thread)

Melista

Jun 13, 2022
Noblesville
✟101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I was on here for about a year as Melily. I had given up social media for Lent and got hacked during that time so I lost my log in and today I rejoined. I’m still a catechumen with my husband and we are now at an OCA parish. We started with a Greek parish that was closer to home but my husband decided he wanted to go back to the first parish we visited in late 2020. It’s been great! We have met many welcoming people and now have sponsors. Just wanted to say hello.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I was on here for about a year as Melily. I had given up social media for Lent and got hacked during that time so I lost my log in and today I rejoined. I’m still a catechumen with my husband and we are now at an OCA parish. We started with a Greek parish that was closer to home but my husband decided he wanted to go back to the first parish we visited in late 2020. It’s been great! We have met many welcoming people and now have sponsors. Just wanted to say hello.
Great to see you again!

Reactions: Melista
Upvote 0

Ioannis

I'm home!
Dec 31, 2005
United States
✟16,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In the spirit of people coming back, I have returned. Not that my return should be noteworthy. :) I was here for a few years then just kind of stopped coming around the time my eldest was born. But, I felt like coming back and seeing what was going on so here I am.

Hello, everybody!

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In the spirit of people coming back, I have returned. Not that my return should be noteworthy. :) I was here for a few years then just kind of stopped coming around the time my eldest was born. But, I felt like coming back and seeing what was going on so here I am.

Hello, everybody!

welcome back!

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hello, everybody!
Welcome back!

Upvote 0

cradleGO

Road Map
Aug 20, 2021
Eastern
✟23,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Here we will have an updated roster of Eastern Orthodox, Cataechumens and sincerely inquiers to the Holy Orthodox Church.

Post here just once, and please do not comment on other posts. This is just a roster.

If you have an update, for example, you were an Inquirer and you have become a Catechumen, please just edit your original post rather than make duplicates. However, please send a PM to a staff member if you change your status so that we can update the totals.

There is another thread for saying "hello" and greeting others, it is The Greetings Thread:

We also have a social spot called the Taverna. I can't give you the link because we have new Tavernas starting all the time. Generally you will find this on the first page, just scroll down.

Guests and new TAW members need to read the "Required reading" HERE (current TAW members should check that thread for updates periodically.)

For those already recorded in the other Militants of TAW Thread, please post here again.
(That thread became off topic and is so long, and besides, some people have left and some have never posted there.)

Here is the Info that would be good to post:

1. Real first name or Nameday Name (this like everything is optional)
2. What jurisdiction your parish is in. (OCA, Greek, etc.)
3. Status: Cradle Orthodox, Convert, Catecumen, Serious Inquirer (by this we mean that you have started attending an Orthoodox Church and meeting with the Priest or someone they designate to teach you about the faith)
4. Any other interesting pits of information you want to share such as: marital status, children, pets, hobby's, church activies such as singing in the choir, etc.

Thanks.
The link here (Required reading) is broken. "Guests and new TAW members need to read the "Required reading" HERE (current TAW members should check that thread for updates periodically.)"

Reactions: Melista
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Melista

Jun 13, 2022
Noblesville
✟101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The link here (Required reading) is broken. "Guests and new TAW members need to read the "Required reading" HERE (current TAW members should check that thread for updates periodically.)"
I’m getting an error message from the link.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I’m getting an error message from the link.
Unfortunately the person who posted it has not been here since 2009, so it can’t be updated.

Upvote 0