Militants of TAW starting January 2006 (Introduction Thread)

Suzannah

A sinner
Nov 17, 2003
✟15,824.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
TAW looks great !!! It feels like coming home. Don't know when I'll be able to visit again but will try to stop in and keep in better touch.
1. Columbine : named for St. Columba
2. Serbian Orthodox Church/Currently ANY Orthodox Church that I can find while traveling/sailing.

3. Convert from Protestant: Lutheran
4. Single, 1 daughter. Pets: Cat named Poly D. Actyl (for all you Latin students out there) ; Dog named Unsatisfactory and a Parrot named Lady Bird Johnson

Upvote 0

MichaelNZ

Servus Mariae
Nov 10, 2006
Dunedin, New Zealand
Visit site
✟12,170.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
1. My name is Scott Michael. My patron saint (in the Roman Catholic Church) is St. Michael the Archangel.
2. I attend an Antiochian Orthodox Church (which is the Church of St. Michael the Archangel!)
3. I am a catechumen at this point in time.
4. I'm a university student, majoring in French and Chinese language.

Upvote 0

Rowan

You are my brethren ♥
Apr 13, 2006
Allendale, MI
Visit site
✟16,998.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
2. What jurisdiction your parish is in. (OCA, Greek, etc.) Antiochian

3. Status: Cradle Orthodox, Convert, Catecumen, Serious Inquirer (by this we mean that you have started attending an Orthoodox Church and meeting with the Priest or someone they designate to teach you about the faith) Catechumen

4. Any other interesting bits of information you want to share such as: marital status, children, pets, hobby's, church activies such as singing in the choir, educational background, what you do for a living, etc I'm a college student...so of course, I'm glad finals are over ^_^

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
1. Real first name or Nameday Name
Daniel, for Saint Daniel the Prophet.

2. What jurisdiction your parish is in. (OCA, Greek, etc.)
Antiochian.

3. Status: Cradle Orthodox, Convert, Catecumen, Serious Inquirer (by this we mean that you have started attending an Orthoodox Church and meeting with the Priest or someone they designate to teach you about the faith)
Orthodox, Convert. (updated 1/10/2009)

4. Any other interesting pits of information you want to share such as: marital status, children, pets, hobby's, church activies such as singing in the choir, etc.
marital status: Married
children: 2 daughters
pets: 1 Boston Terrier, named Oreo.
hobby's: Continually embarrassing my daughters. :thumbsup:
church activies: Cleaning, Church bookstore, Online calendar, Fountain maintenance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟134,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
1. Real first name: Mitch
2. What jurisdiction your parish is in. (OCA, Greek, etc.): OCA
3. Status: Convert from Roman Catholicism
4. Any other interesting pits of information you want to share such as: marital status, children, pets, hobby's, church activies such as singing in the choir, etc.
high school student. I post on another forum, but will be leaving it sometime soon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DavidBryan

El indigno siervo de Dios, el lector David
Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
✟15,649.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
1. Real first name or Nameday Name (this like everything is optional)

David, as in the King. Namesday is the Sunday after Nativity.

2. What jurisdiction your parish is in. (OCA, Greek, etc.)

OCA

3. Status: Cradle Orthodox, Convert, Catecumen, Serious Inquirer (by this we mean that you have started attending an Orthoodox Church and meeting with the Priest or someone they designate to teach you about the faith)

Convert, chrismated Holy Sat. of 2001.

Married with one daughter; another child (gender unknown) on the way; love hockey, theater, singing (I'm in the choir), guitar, music, reading, the War Between the States, tequila, whiskey, cigars, and chatting about the Faith. I am a tonsured reader.

Upvote 0

cassc

Veteran- I am an Orthodox Christian
Jan 24, 2007
New England
✟9,423.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My name is Cassandra, I was baptized Cassandra Nicole and I celebrate my nameday on Dec 6th

I am a cradle Orthodox and I have attended the same Greek Orthodox parish my entire life. I have often thought of attending a parish that uses more English but I can't seem to bring myself to do it :doh:

I recently (not so recently anymore) completed a degree in biology and I am putting it to good use working in finance ;) gotta pay the bills right?!?

I teach Sunday School (7th grade) and I am hoping to begin learning to chant - my Priest is very supportive of this even though he has heard me sing!!! :amen:

In December of 2007 I was elected to the Parish council and am currently serving as the assistant secretary.

After serving as a lay reader for about a year I was tonsured as a reader on April 20, 2008 (Palm Sunday) an honor which I can only strive to be worthy of :crosseo: Lord Have Mercy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0

nikostheater

Dec 10, 2006
Ierapetra,Crete,Greece
✟15,920.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My name is Nicholas and i am a crandle orthodox.I celebrate my nameday on DEcember 6th.
I have a cafeteria in the village that i am staying and i have the luck to have my priest oftet to visit me here.
And i am single.

Upvote 0

NyssaTheHobbit

Orthodox Christian (chrismation date 1/10/09)
May 24, 2006
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟9,617.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am a cradle Orthodox and I have attended the same Greek Orthodox parish my entire life.

As someone who's had to start over several times, don't knock growing up in a church! It means you know people. :)

Upvote 0

THORmonger

Mar 29, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
Visit site
✟7,616.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My answers:
1. Real name - Thor; Patron saint - St. Mark the Evangelist (Mark is my middle name)
2. Antiochian (Midwest Diocese - St. Nicholas Church in Grand Rapids, MI)
3. Catechumen (coming from a background that includes the Assemblies of God, Methodism and Messianic Judaism)
4. Married with two precious little girls. Not a whole lot of time for hobbies, although I do enjoy reading (my priest is helping me keep me busy) and surfing the 'net. I don't have any significant involvement with my church yet, although I have been asked to help out with the reading and chanting at a few Matins services.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nestoj

Feb 14, 2007
Niš
✟11,731.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Guess it’s time I do this too:
1. First name – Nenad
2. Serbian Orthodox Church (Crkva Svetog Nikole - Niš)
3. Cradle Orthodox
4. Married (her name is Maja, she is cradle Orthodox too), we have two beautiful girls (Anastasia and Julia) - both are baptized in Serbian Orthodox Church on their 41st day of life.

nestoj
God helps

Upvote 0

authiodionitist

Oct 12, 2006
Seattle
✟8,419.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
1. Paul, after the Apostle (June 29).
2. OCA
3. Convert.
4. In a relationship, discerning marriage. Current vocations include the choir (tenor/bass. I'm a baritone, so I end up doing whatever is needed) and the church school. Occasional vocations include reading and bell ringing. And I am basically open to go and do whatever come June 10 when I walk for my BA in history.

Upvote 0

Andrew21091

Jun 21, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
✟17,221.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
1. Real first name or Nameday Name: Andrew
2. Antiochian (Midwest Diocese)
3. Convert. Converted from Catholicism.
4. I'm still in high school. After I'm done with that, I want to go to a seminary to become a priest. I'm currently learning Byzantine Chant at a class that my church is having.

Upvote 0