MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I really don't understand why the Speaker would want to help the Rouge Deep State Soros sponsored Liberal Communist ANTIFA, BLM, and undercover FBI agents that really attacked our Hallowed halls of Democracy escape justice for violating the will of the true American people and giving control over to the Biden Crime family. I wonder if Johnson is one of the undercover deep State operatives...

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I really don't understand why the Speaker would want to help the Rouge Deep State Soros sponsored Liberal Communist ANTIFA, BLM, and undercover FBI agents that really attacked our Hallowed halls of Democracy escape justice for violating the will of the true American people and giving control over to the Biden Crime family. I wonder if Johnson is one of the undercover deep State operatives...
My! How I’ve missed this!
Welcome back!

Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This explains a lot...for example, why Pelosi was blamed for not requesting any help with the January 6th riot. As they are considered to have jurisdiction at the Capitol, and the Chief of Police for the Capitol Police made multiple requests for National Guard assistance, Pelosi apparently had to approve them (as she was Speaker at the time) and she turned them down repeatedly.

Odd that she isn't being asked as to why she turned those requests down.

A couple of mistakes here. First, there were investigations as to what happened, in regards to the Capitol Police response. I'll link to reporting of the Senate investigation, since I'm guessing you'd question the integrity of the House report -- though both reports were largely similar. What we learned is that, contrary to your contention, the Capitol Police Chief made the request to the Capitol Police Board, of which neither Pelosi or McConnell were members. Instead, it was the Sergeant at Arms of both the House and the Senate -- the House one reports to Pelosi and the Senate one reported to McConnell. In this case, neither Sergeant at Arms ever talked to McConnell or Pelosi about the request for National Guard troops, and McConnell had equal authority to Pelosi in requesting the National Guard. This is one of the primary reason that both Sergeants At Arms were fired after 1/6, for neither approving the request nor informing Pelosi and McConnell of the threat and request.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Nevermind.
/emily litella

(see last 'graph)

1709398366595.png

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I get the general idea. Mike Johnson figures that since there is security footage that has periods when no one is assaulting police, vandalizing the Capitol, or stealing things, that means there wasn't an insurrection.

Not sure I buy that line of thought...

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A couple of mistakes here. First, there were investigations as to what happened, in regards to the Capitol Police response. I'll link to reporting of the Senate investigation, since I'm guessing you'd question the integrity of the House report -- though both reports were largely similar. What we learned is that, contrary to your contention, the Capitol Police Chief made the request to the Capitol Police Board, of which neither Pelosi or McConnell were members. Instead, it was the Sergeant at Arms of both the House and the Senate -- the House one reports to Pelosi and the Senate one reported to McConnell. In this case, neither Sergeant at Arms ever talked to McConnell or Pelosi about the request for National Guard troops, and McConnell had equal authority to Pelosi in requesting the National Guard. This is one of the primary reason that both Sergeants At Arms were fired after 1/6, for neither approving the request nor informing Pelosi and McConnell of the threat and request.
You do know that subsequently, Donald Trump put the blame on Nikki Haley for not calling out the National Guard to stop the insurrection, right?

Trump bizarrely blamed Nikki Haley for security lapses on Jan. 6

Apparently, he confused her with Nancy Pelosi. I once had a neighbor who blamed the dot-com crash on Caesar Chavez, but he was old and didn't get much exercise.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You do know that subsequently, Donald Trump put the blame on Nikki Haley for not calling out the National Guard to stop the insurrection, right?

Trump bizarrely blamed Nikki Haley for security lapses on Jan. 6

Apparently, he confused her with Nancy Pelosi. I once had a neighbor who blamed the dot-com crash on Caesar Chavez, but he was old and didn't get much exercise.
Well, he says he does it on purpose for comedic effect. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0