Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I'm from Detroit. Shocking, I know.

No....:)

I was born there....though it has been a long time since I have been there.

When I was about 15 years old, my mom would let us take a bus and we would go to the Hudson Store downtown... Christmas shopping.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Looks like a bed and breafast Mickey1953.

I am living in Sterling Heights and have lived in Michigan my whole life. I sometimes think of leaving but this is where family is and so that is where my heart is too.

Reactions: JoabAnias
Upvote 0

Mickey1953

Senior Veteran
Sep 14, 2006
✟20,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Looks like a bed and breafast Mickey1953.

I am living in Sterling Heights and have lived in Michigan my whole life. I sometimes think of leaving but this is where family is and so that is where my heart is too.

It could be :wave:.... it is a very old house and we have done alot to it. My mom and dad moved from the city to the Dundee/ Britton area when I was 18 years old... and then I ended up in the Irish Hills. Now my mom lives above the garage at our home. It has a nice little apartment and there is another one in the back, behind my mom's over the garage. My daughter is there for now.....
My sister and brother live out your way... but all my children live by me. I have been here for 27 years now and have built some roots which I enjoy very much....my heart is here with my children...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IMG_3621.jpg
JacktheCatholic,

These are some of the other pictures I took on a walk one day during lunch. It is a beautiful university in our state of Michigan....

Very awesome. I love buildings with that kind of detail and the statues are nice too.

The building looks to be in very good shape too.

Thanks for the Pics.

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is a beautiful university in our state of Michigan....
Wow, that building looks exactly like the Univ admin bldg where I went to school but it was in a different state. The resemblance is uncanny.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mickey1953

Senior Veteran
Sep 14, 2006
✟20,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Wow, that building looks exactly like the Univ admin bldg where I went to school but it was in a different state. The resemblance is uncanny.

Peter Dederichs was the architect and from Detroit....I am not sure if Indiana is the area you are talking about, but this is where I found the information about him. He did many buildings in the mid-west.

http://www.cityoffortwayne.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=105&Itemid=246

Peter Dederichs (1856-1924) A self-taught architect from Detroit, Dederichs designed many German Catholic churches and parish buildings throughout the Midwest. Locally he designed St. Paul's Catholic Church (25154) and St. Peter's Church and School (38048, 38094).

Upvote 0

Mickey1953

Senior Veteran
Sep 14, 2006
✟20,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I left our local school about one month ago..... and I did not hear anything about this. I was wondering if it was a go in your Michigan area......

Darwin Day" Coming to a School Near You

topleftlogo.gif

Darwin Day" Coming to a School Near You

By Sharon Hughes
MichNews.com

Jan 18, 2008

http://www.michnews.com/artman/publi...le_19052.shtml

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm in Michigan. Roughly thirty minutes north of Bay City in the teeny-weeny town of Standish.

Was there at St. Mary's hospital last night. What a mess the roads were! Hope its been cleared up by now.

Peace.

Upvote 0