May 24, 2005
✟57,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ooops did I get the lake wrong? Sry about that, it was wet, hows that? ^_^ The place I always stayed had two lounges, on on the outside with a deck, a vollyball court on the beach, jetski rentals and a dock with catamoran trips. (expensive though).

Several theaters yea, I saw one by Outback, One in the Mall and an old timey one that re-opened up in the downtown area last fall.

Where was the Christian book store? I missed that.

Christian Bookstore is on Airport Road...close to the Cherryland Mall - which is not the main mall, but a shopping center. We do have a small airport, too, but from what I understand, you must fly to Detroit or Chicago before going anywhere else.

Upvote 0

Mickey1953

Senior Veteran
Sep 14, 2006
✟20,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
hello im from the states captial i have lived in adrian,tecumshe and,annarbor, i grew up in bellville and lived in jackson boy i been all over this state lol

You have lived close to my home.... Onsted.

Upvote 0

Mark2010

Nov 9, 2005
✟6,262.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
It actually is located on the bay of Lake Michigan,
and there seems to be a lot of stores, etc. here, now.

There's a:

Mall, Walmart, Target, KMart, Christian
Book Store, several theatres, shopping centers & outlets...
(Old Navy, Gap, Bass, to name a few
of the outlets)
So basically you can get pretty much anything you want, eh? (Although I guess with the internet, that's true of most places.)

What is the cost of living like? Apartment? Gasoline? Utilities, etc?

I have some deeper investigating to do.

Upvote 0

soap

Psalm 40:2
May 24, 2005
✟57,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So basically you can get pretty much anything you want, eh? (Although I guess with the internet, that's true of most places.)

What is the cost of living like? Apartment? Gasoline? Utilities, etc?

I have some deeper investigating to do.

$3.55 a gallon today at one of the cheapest places I know of. I don't think I could tell you about apartments or utilities. I have a family of 5. I knew a guy who lived in Mesick (about 27 miles south of Traverse) in a 700 square foot home on the Manistee River, and his rent was $450 a month. I don't live in Traverse City, either, because I like to live in secluded areas.....and I had to go outside of Traverse City to find that.

Upvote 0

Mickey1953

Senior Veteran
Sep 14, 2006
✟20,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
oka ya i been there acouple time boring town lol

It is small and it is a village, but I am not bored...
I enjoy it... If I want to visit a bigger city, I go to Toledo or Ann Arbor, not often but once in awhile.
I probably work too much and that is why when I have time, I paint or walk, read...things like that.
Of course I am older too...

God bless warrrior4him007

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kathy1956

Apr 19, 2008
Michigan
✟15,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave: Hi Fellow Michiganders,
I just thought that I would drop a line to say Hello.

I live in Wyoming, a suburb of Grand Rapids. I have lived in the area all of my life. As a matter of fact, we, (my husband of 34 yrs and I), live next door to the house I grew up in. We bought it 5 years ago. Mom still lives there, next door, and we bought this so we could be close to her and help her out. My Dad passed away 12 years ago and she was getting pretty lonely. She is doing better these days, as far as the loneliness goes anyway. She has a few medical problems but is doing pretty well. Sorry, I didn't mean to bore :yawn: anyone, I sometimes tend to ramble on.

Anyway, I just joined this site a couple of days ago and it seems like a really nice place to meet folks and learn a little about life.

Like I said I just wanted to say Hi to all of you and tell you all to 'Keep The Faith'. :angel: With the price of gasoline, groceries, and everything else going up these days and the fact that Michigan now has the highest unemployment rate in the country, I know it can be hard.

Take Care Everyone :hug:
Kathy

Upvote 0

Mickey1953

Senior Veteran
Sep 14, 2006
✟20,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Kathy1956,
It is rough for us in Michigan... My husband is in the building business and between gas and just the situation being at a standstill, it is affecting many. I recently took a job at a local university, to help my husband out and my job provides health insurance. I feel like I am so blessed to have this. I have the summer off, but I still have benefits. I work my summer at a campground in the Irish Hills. We soon will be getting ready for Michigan International Speedway campers...

Congratulations being married 34 years and helping with your Mom....

:wave: Mickey

Upvote 0

soap

Psalm 40:2
May 24, 2005
✟57,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Must be 93 octane. I have to use that too. :(

No, that was regular unleaded...it seems like the farther north you go, the higher it is. Of course, it is even higher than that now. Last week, it was $3.69 in most places, but I found a place for $3.51 a gallon. I haven't found it that cheap since, though.

Upvote 0

EZRida4JC

May 3, 2008
✟327.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Detroit area.

Yo Detroit!

Hi!

I'm not an Iowan, but I'm praying @ a USA tour in summer - to pray in all the state capitals & major cities, kinda zig-zagging from NYC west to east to west

& working gradually south till I hit Miami

I guess Detroit will be between Chicago & Pittsburgh stops

I woulda been a kinda near neighbour if I'd emigrated to Decatur IL 4/5 years ago - to help an outreach to all the major music etc festivals, spring to fall, via mobile catering concessions & @ regional Christian TV & radio stations' outside broadcast depts, doing my many voices

But hey, now I'm kinda retired, who knows what doors God may choose to open?

(I'd put this in your guestbook, saw I'd missed a 't' outa Pittsburgh, but don' have enouh posts to be able to edit)

Laters, 'Gators!

'Arfa Mo'

Upvote 0

Mickey1953

Senior Veteran
Sep 14, 2006
✟20,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Yo Detroit!

Hi!

I'm not an Iowan, but I'm praying @ a USA tour in summer - to pray in all the state capitals & major cities, kinda zig-zagging from NYC west to east to west

& working gradually south till I hit Miami

I guess Detroit will be between Chicago & Pittsburgh stops

I woulda been a kinda near neighbour if I'd emigrated to Decatur IL 4/5 years ago - to help an outreach to all the major music etc festivals, spring to fall, via mobile catering concessions & @ regional Christian TV & radio stations' outside broadcast depts, doing my many voices

But hey, now I'm kinda retired, who knows what doors God may choose to open?

(I'd put this in your guestbook, saw I'd missed a 't' outa Pittsburgh, but don' have enouh posts to be able to edit)

Laters, 'Gators!

'Arfa Mo'

I hope you don't mind me asking: what are your 'many voices'?

Upvote 0